Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biker Gangs in Ireland

Options
  • 14-01-2020 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

What's the deal here, just motorbike enthusiasts, wannabe gangsters, laughable g0b****es, or genuine bad guys?

Seen stories on Twitter the other day about 'The Chosen Few' getting their 'HQ' raided

Sounds like something out of a low budget American TV series. Are biker Gangs really a thing in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

There are a few I believe, a guy I work with is in one. Devil's Disciples are the main ones as far as I know. I'm not sure if they're involved with criminality here though. I used to see them when I lived in NZ, Maori biker gangs, The Filthy Few etc. In NZ and Oz they are involved with drugs and all sorts, here I think it's more of a hobby/club thing, if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

There was a murder in Limerick county a few years ago when a member of the Caballeros killed a member of the Road Tramps.

This was a revenge attack because, among other things, the road Tramps had attacked a member of the Caballeros and removed his 'colours'.

Just a group of lads, plenty in their 40s, and a completely invented culture and rivalry, and ended in death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

An American friend of mine was in the Hells Satans back in the day, had to rescue his wife from one of them after she was kidnapped!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ElBandito69

There are a few I believe, a guy I work with is in one. Devil's Disciples are the main ones as far as I know. I'm not sure if they're involved with criminality here though. I used to see them when I lived in NZ, Maori biker gangs, The Filthy Few etc. In NZ and Oz they are involved with drugs and all sorts, here I think it's more of a hobby/club thing, if I'm not mistaken.

If you Google this Chosen Few lot they seem to have links to the kinahans, just wonder if as you say they were guys with a hobby that got carried away with themselves and found themselves in over their heads. Watching too many movies like

There’s a big difference between a MC and an MCC

MC being clubs such as hells angels, devils disciples, chosen few, free wheelers, etc and they portray the bad boy image. But there’s nice guys and gals in those clubs too.

MCCs are just normal guys n gals who setup a club with likeminded people. Best nights I’ve ever had was at their rallies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

osarusan wrote: »
    There was a murder in Limerick county a few years ago when a member of the Caballeros killed a member of the Road Tramps.

This was a revenge attack because, among other things, the road Tramps had attacked a member of the Caballeros and removed his 'colours'.

Just a group of lads, plenty in their 40s, and a completely invented culture and rivalry, and ended in death.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2057450095

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showpost.php?p=95973646&postcount=50

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

frag420 wrote: »
    An American friend of mine was in the Hells Satans back in the day, had to rescue his wife from one of them after she was kidnapped!

A woman like that only comes along once every couple of miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

After that murder a few of those gangs where welcomed into the Banditos(A major international biker gang) They have a clubhouse in Limerick now

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/heavy-garda-presence-as-bandidos-launch-limerick-chapter-1.2828556

I actually know two of them that are in the gang and they would have been some of biggest drug dealers in the midlands. Even before they were in the banditos but probably bigger now. So they are branching from Limerick up to Galway and across to Athlone in suppling.

Seemingly the chosen few lads were threatening people with guns in Wexford the other day - search @Padraig_reilly on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

The Devil's Deciples used to be involved (I don't know did they organise it or did security or what) in the afterparty for the Skerries 100 road races. It was always a great night, you used to have to buy a ticket for it earlier on in the day as it would sell out.

I remember at the races one year, I drove up early in the day and there was a garden shed with two windows set up as the box office place where you get tickets.
    I went to the first window and asked for a ticket for tonight. The guy behind the window, had his Devil's Deciples leather waistcoat cut thing on and a bandana, said "You'll need to talk to Dave down at the next window". It was a small garden shed, I could see through the opening that there was nobody else down the other end but I said yeah ok.
    Walked a meter down to the other window. The same guy rolls down on his seat and says
    "Can I help you"
    I said "Are you Dave"
    He said "That's me"
    "Can I get a ticket for tonight please"
    "Sure thing"
    I gave him money, he gave me a ticket.
    I kind of laughed but was totally confused and didn't know could I laugh because he was pretty intimidating looking bloke.

So, biker gangs can be fun

• Advertisement

VICTIM IN HIDING Some biker gang members used acid to remove tattoo from associate’s body after he vowed to leave the mob.

SOME members of a biker gang used acid to remove a tattoo from an associate’s body after he vowed to leave the mob, the Irish Sun on Sunday can reveal.

And the thugs also stole two motorcycles from the victim, threatened to kill him and ordered him to pay cash after the assault before Christmas.

Thats from The Sun. They seem a sound lot.

Funniest line in the article though - “These people are vicious and are trying to model themselves on the TV series Sons of Anarchy.”

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I stopped reading around here.
    the Irish Sun on Sunday can reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    The Devil's Deciples used to be involved (I don't know did they organise it or did security or what) in the afterparty for the Skerries 100 road races. It was always a great night, you used to have to buy a ticket for it earlier on in the day as it would sell out.

I remember at the races one year, I drove up early in the day and there was a garden shed with two windows set up as the box office place where you get tickets.
    I went to the first window and asked for a ticket for tonight. The guy behind the window, had his Devil's Deciples leather waistcoat cut thing on and a bandana, said "You'll need to talk to Dave down at the next window". It was a small garden shed, I could see through the opening that there was nobody else down the other end but I said yeah ok.
    Walked a meter down to the other window. The same guy rolls down on his seat and says
    "Can I help you"
    I said "Are you Dave"
    He said "That's me"
    "Can I get a ticket for tonight please"
    "Sure thing"
    I gave him money, he gave me a ticket.
    I kind of laughed but was totally confused and didn't know could I laugh because he was pretty intimidating looking bloke.

So, biker gangs can be fun

Went a few times no problems. It was years ago but in a field behind a pub, well run weekend.
    No police allowed in.
    Was good for having a few smokes, if anyone acted the dick they were out.

Bottom line... Be sound it was all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

The cabelleros are a feeder club for the Bandido's....and strangely enough after that murder the caballero's in Limerick all patched over to the Bandido's....

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Joe Kaine

After that murder a few of those gangs where welcomed into the Banditos(A major international biker gang) They have a clubhouse in Limerick now

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/heavy-garda-presence-as-bandidos-launch-limerick-chapter-1.2828556

I actually know two of them that are in the gang and they would have been some of biggest drug dealers in the midlands. Even before they were in the banditos but probably bigger now. So they are branching from Limerick up to Galway and across to Athlone in suppling.

TL?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Yup and Oli W but he seems to have moved to Limerick now himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

I know one lad who is in a small MCC in the South , but they vet their potential members and keep out the thieves/neonazis/druggies by use of a probationary period. They wear a patch (which, apparently, is a registered patch so that no-one can copy it) and what appears to be the standard uniform of leather jacket over hoodie and the usual black-with-everything. They get on well with Gardai by using normal common sense and they don't aggravate anyone, if they can avoid it. They are invariably experts on their bikes and welcome all bikes, not just confining themselves to Harleys. Members are from all walks of life, including shop owners, paramedics, vehicle mechs, electricians and so on. Decent people and far from the stereotype.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Stovepipe wrote: »
    ...Decent people and far from the stereotype.

"Decent people" is the stereotype here - everyone likes the bikers here, families, small kids, Gardaí, etc. - and that's exactly how the Alliance would like to keep it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Notdeco wrote: »
    Went a few times no problems. It was years ago but in a field behind a pub, well run weekend.
    No police allowed in.
    Was good for having a few smokes, if anyone acted the dick they were out.

Bottom line... Be sound it was all good.

Some great and memorable nights, you seen some crazy stuff but you really had to be acting the bollox to get turfed out, I dont know do they still have it out the back of the man o war pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Plenty Bandidos knocking around, saw a few in full patch just yesterday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandidos_Motorcycle_Club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Some great and memorable nights, you seen some crazy stuff but you really had to be acting the bollox to get turfed out, I dont know do they still have it out the back of the man o war pub?
    They also ran a deadly pub called Barnstormers years ago on Capel street, Use to go to punk gigs there and the place was a mad house

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Before we met my wife went out with a member of one of the more prominent MC's on the east coast. This chap thought it was a good idea to form his own MC under their nose. Well they didn't like it and there was an attempt to remove this club tattoo's with a shotgun full of rock salt at point blank range. He manage to save the offending limb but I believe it was messed up.

Anyway, for any of you know me in person I'm f**king mad into my bikes, they come second to my wife in my life. She's also big into them but not as bad as me. She swore that if I even start hanging around with an MCC or MC she'll walk out without notice and I believe her. I never pressed her on the ins and outs of it but from what she told me its a different world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

D3V!L wrote: »
    Before we met my wife went out with a member of one of the more prominent MC's on the east coast. This chap thought it was a good idea to form his own MC under their nose. Well they didn't like it and there was an attempt to remove this club tattoo's with a shotgun full of rock salt at point blank range. He manage to save the offending limb but I believe it was messed up.

Anyway, for any of you know me in person I'm f**king mad into my bikes, they come second to my wife in my life. She's also big into them but not as bad as me. She swore that if I even start hanging around with an MCC or MC she'll walk out without notice and I believe her. I never pressed her on the ins and outs of it but from what she told me its a different world.

MCC's are completely different to MC. I was chairman of an MCC - myself and a few friends who went to the bike rallies regularly (read every weekend) formed it and it's still going strong (I'm gone a long time from it). It was purely about having a small patch on our sleeve to show we were a club and that we got the odd trophy for being largest club at a rally and of course having fun.

MC's on the other hand are what they like to term 1%ers. This means they consider themselves brothers with an extremely tight knit as good as family connection and all for one and one for all. Most of the MC lads I've dealt with were / are grand people - just don't mess with them as the one for all aspect can be a problem then!

Inevitably some are not so nice people and you're best to avoid them. Some of the MC clubs are more open and friendly than others too. I know at least one MC club in Ireland that had (might have changed) a hard core of very dangerous people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I've known a good few people from both MC's and MCC's over the years.

Most of them are sound in both, they work regular jobs and do charity runs and all that. There's a couple of odd enough lads in some of the MC's that you really wouldn't want to piss off.

MC's treat the 1%er status extremely seriously and will do serious damage to people who try to claim it without any real 'right' to do so.

I know one guy who recently left his MC after a good few years with them, simply because to an MC, the club has to come first as they are your 'family'. He's married a while now and has a kid and was able to leave without any hassle, just had to remove his club tattoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Also, the Mod scooter clubs.

Advertisement