Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election 20 GalwayWest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Turn off your location and ads will stop

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

City Council executive are prepared to throw money at Galway 2020 yet not enforce AirBnB regulations due to lack of resources. Did any of the City Council election candidates raise this issue when asked for further Galway2020 funding during the week.

Could be a great business opportunity for someone. Help them enforce it and collect 90% of the fine. It's money they won't get otherwise since they can't enforce it and it should help reduce the problem...win win.

Of course, they wouldn't go for it because it's not the way they do things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Hildegarde Naughton has a mobile LED screen driving around the city today.

Ollie Crowe has even more big signs going up... new ones about Galway being a "Smart Green City"?? Not sure what his point is but looked like he was feeling the pressure from O'Reilly and missing the green votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Drivetime - Galway West Constituency General Election Debate Tur 30 Jan 2020

PODCAST

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Anyone know when the GBFM debates happen?

I know RnaG have some candidates at 09:20-10:15 on 04 Feb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭golfball37

Stewball wrote: »
    I've been getting Alan Dillon ads.

Not the first time he’s been wide of the mark !

I got a Facebook ad from Josiah Burke (of the NUIG/Castlebar Burkes) about the bypass saying don't vote green.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

I got a Facebook ad from Josiah Burke (of the NUIG/Castlebar Burkes) about the bypass saying don't vote green.

because there's only one man that can deliver the bypass and it certainly isnt Ollie Crowe

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

pure.conya, I edited your post to remove a personal insult.
    Keep it on topic and address their politics.

Got the Grealish leaflet through the post this morning, all the other leaflets state the candidates priorities if they're elected, this one just has a list of 5 councillors who support him and their mobile numbers.

Also got one from Mike Cubbard which states on the front in caps "not using election posters" maybe I'm wrong but doesn't putting out leaflets to every voter negate that surely you could achieve the same with something like an ad in the advertiser but maybe thats just as wasteful. I was disappointed that the green candidate sent out leaflets but at least it stated that it was printed on recycled paper. Maybe its impossible to get elected just relying on voters to look up your website

• Advertisement

Referring to local politicians as pigs etc is not ok.
    Feel free to discuss their policies but when you do, be specific.
    Pure.conya this is your last warning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Great news lads sure isn't Hildegarde oney arter securing a hospital for Galway and South Mayo mighty news all together. Begob she's some woman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Also got one from Mike Cubbard which states on the front in caps "not using election posters" maybe I'm wrong but doesn't putting out leaflets to every voter negate that

A paper leaflet isnt really a problem. If anything he's encouraging the growth of trees (assuming the paper comes from a commercial managaged forest).

The posters are printed plastic and all the problems that comes with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

We'll have no final result this weekend due to the Tipperary vote being postponed after death of candidate.

https://www.rte.ie/news/election-2020/2020/0203/1112908-marese-skehan/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I saw that too.... Not a real person Im guessing. Sad to see attack ads like that, wonder who really paid for it? Wonder is there another candidate who has made such a big deal about the bypass that they made it their election slogan... Like I'm sure they're totally unconnected :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Zzippy wrote: »
    I saw that too.... Not a real person Im guessing. Sad to see attack ads like that, wonder who really paid for it? Wonder is there another candidate who has made such a big deal about the bypass that they made it their election slogan... Like I'm sure they're totally unconnected :rolleyes:

He is a real person, part of that ultra right religious mayo family who had the court case versus Nuig.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭lion_bar

Zzippy wrote: »

That's a vindictive attack on Pauline O'Reilly due to past run in's with the Burke's. Experiences like these are what makes her an excellent candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

lion_bar wrote: »
    That's a vindictive attack on Pauline O'Reilly due to past run in's with the Burke's. Experiences like these are what makes her an excellent candidate.

Some lunatic making claims about her doesn’t make her an excellent candidate. Uncalled for claims against her in my opinion.

I work in the community sector in Galway and had rarely come across her before the local elections despite her claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

<Take it to AH election hotties thread>

GalwayWest GBFM election candidates on 06 Feb.
    Questions welcomed in advance, I presume via email

Maldron Hotel 6pm-8pm, live on radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

zell12 wrote: »
    GalwayWest GBFM ielection candidates on 06 Feb.
    Questions welcomed in advance, I presume via email

Same tonight on Connemara Community Radio at 7pm if anyone's interested.

Same tonight on Connemara Community Radio at 7pm if anyone's interested.
    You must be listening to Connolly, OCuiv, Kyne, OTuathail, Farrell, Burke, OCorcorain on RnaG right now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Just wondering if anyone has received their voting cards in the post yet?

We haven't moved in years and have received cards for every election for the last decade. I did check the register and we'll show up on the day without one if need be.

Nope not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

We haven't moved in years and have received cards for every election for the last decade. I did check the register and we'll show up on the day without one if need be.
    Ya. Ours arrived yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Ya, we did. I've heard of people dropping off the register for no reason, so it can happen

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Not yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Why the mod edit? :confused:
    inisboffin wrote: »
    <Take it to AH election hotties thread>

inishboffin just said they came across O'Reilly working in the community sector....??

That is not what it was. IB can contact me if he wants.

Back on topic please

• Advertisement

Mine came yesterday

Advertisement