Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election 20 GalwayWest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

lion_bar wrote: »
    That's Finnegan's moderation. Picking who speaks and getting snappy when people mention the hospice.

I watched it on Facebook. Candidates raised their hands at any point if they had something to say. Pauline just didn't participate much. If she wanted to get elected she should have had her hand up constantly to get in with her point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Aren't the polls open on the Aran Islands today?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Stewball

How far down to the ballot paper do you usually go with your preferences?

I usually go 5 - but there are 8 candidates I consider 'left' so I'll probably go to 8 this time.
    Maybe 7, if Joe Loughnane annoys me between now and when I go to vote.

flazio wrote: »
    Aren't the polls open on the Aran Islands today?

Yes. They vote a day early......so the boxes can be returned to main land for counting. It's to prevent delays to counting in case of bad weather.....I think.

Stewball wrote: »

I usually go 5 - but there are 8 candidates I consider 'left' so I'll probably go to 8 this time.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

My prediction's for the craic.

O’Cuiv - Tops the poll simple as that

Grealish - Backed the people of oughterard so gained a lot of votes in Connemara to add to his existing strong heartland of carnmore/ claregalway

Farrell - Gets in on the winds of change that is SF

Kyne - The FG vote has to go somewhere and although he was damaged by the Oughterard protest he should be more popular than Nuaghton.

Crowe - Don’t underestimate the power of a simple slogan!. Also FF are masters at vote management to get a second candidate in.

Connolly misses out as while she is a good national politician but all politics are local.

O’Tuathail – Bizzare that he did so well in the TG4 poll . Can’t see where he vote is going to come from and along with Connolly the left vote they rely on will go to Farrell. And not running for the locals has a whiff of I’m better than that.

This sounds on the money, can’t see Cubbard doing so well out of this

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Why it pays to vote all the way down the ballot paper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭basillarkin

My prediction's for the craic.

O’Cuiv - Tops the poll simple as that

Grealish - Backed the people of oughterard so gained a lot of votes in Connemara to add to his existing strong heartland of carnmore/ claregalway

Farrell - Gets in on the winds of change that is SF

Kyne - The FG vote has to go somewhere and although he was damaged by the Oughterard protest he should be more popular than Nuaghton.

Crowe - Don’t underestimate the power of a simple slogan!. Also FF are masters at vote management to get a second candidate in.

Connolly misses out as while she is a good national politician but all politics are local.

O’Tuathail – Bizzare that he did so well in the TG4 poll . Can’t see where he vote is going to come from and along with Connolly the left vote they rely on will go to Farrell. And not running for the locals has a whiff of I’m better than that.

Farrell won't be anywhere near it

Farrell won't be anywhere near it

I wish I had your confidence. If SF are at 25% in polls she won't be far short...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I wish I had your confidence. If SF are at 25% in polls she won't be far short...

SF might do well nationally but Farrell hasn't a prayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

One thing for sure, it will be a massive battle for the 5th seat.

I think EOC, NG, and CC are home.
    I think CC is safe on the back of the old Michael D vote.
    One Fine Gael will get in.

Then the 2nd FG candidate will have to battle it out with POR, NOT and OC. Farrell would be an outsider for me.

Wombatman wrote: »
    One thing for sure, it will be a massive battle for the 5th seat.

I think EOC, NG, and CC are home.
    I think CC is safe on the back of the old Michael D vote.
    One Fine Gael will get in.

Then the 2nd FG candidate will have to battle it out with POR, NOT and OC. Farrell would be an outsider for me.

For me the three safe are EOC, HN, CC.

I think Crowe will get a big city vote.

And last seat between NG/NT/POR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Relax. Will be well behind. Prob come in around 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Rossie11

For me the three safe are EOC, HN, CC.

I think Crowe will get a big city vote.

And last seat between NG/NT/POR

CC is 7/4 to get a seat. If I had your confidence I would lump on
    She is bigger price than Crowe, POR, NOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

Just Get out and vote if you are registered. If you don't you can't really complain whatever the next government does or doesn't.

Undecided or FF affiliated then spoil your vote. It's still counted and part of vote turnout.

Its shocking that FF can still get 30+ seats, people just seem want more of the same with history repeating itself. FF is responsible for a lot of crap in this country even excluding the 2008 crash.
    37d1e-michealmartinff.jpg?w=194

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

His girlfriend posted this on twitter;

https://twitter.com/roisin_nicloch/status/1226097198435381248?s=09

jh79 wrote: »
    His girlfriend posted this on twitter;

Already voted before I seen this.
    Anyway it's a comment from someone on twitter....

If you can tell me she reported to the Guards - I'd take more notice of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Laviski wrote: »
    Just Get out and vote if you are registered. If you don't you can't really complain whatever the next government does or doesn't.

Undecided or FF affiliated then spoil your vote. It's still counted and part of vote turnout.

Its shocking that FF can still get 30+ seats, people just seem want more of the same with history repeating itself. FF is responsible for a lot of crap in this country even excluding the 2008 crash.
    Under the leadership of Bertie Ahern and Brian Cowen, both now gone. Fine Gael did unpopular things under Enda Kenny, he's gone. Where do I even start with Sinn Fein under Gerry Adams.
    All political parties have skeletons in their closets, some more recent then others. New political parties come and go in an attempt to shake things up but rarely do. It's like that Halloween episode of the Simpsons when the aliens went up against each other. You had to vote for one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

jh79 wrote: »

He looks like a typical Shinner. Would fit in with that lot perfectly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

flazio wrote: »
    Under the leadership of Bertie Ahern and Brian Cowen, both now gone. Fine Gael did unpopular things under Enda Kenny, he's gone. Where do I even start with Sinn Fein under Gerry Adams.
    All political parties have skeletons in their closets, some more recent then others. New political parties come and go in an attempt to shake things up but rarely do. It's like that Halloween episode of the Simpsons when the aliens went up against each other. You had to vote for one or the other.

Hence spoiling is a valid option if you can't vote for current candidates.

FF have governed this country a lot longer and generally left in crap for others to clean up to only get back in again with populist policies. I'm not FG voter but had nothing to work with cause of FF, if they keep doing what they did in last budget they will get my vote.

both big parties are looking to spending money we don't havebin this GE, should clearing down debts and look at long term capital projects rather that tax changes. Most don't households don't spend what they don't have or can't afford, government finances should be no different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

Been hearing a lot of extremely negative things about Joe Loughnane recently, in terms of his personal behavior 'behind the scenes'. Of course some people trying to claim it's some sort of orchestrated smear campaign but....you'd wonder.

Haven't voted yet. Still a bit on the fence about who to vote for.

Laviski wrote: »

I only got 2 canvassers and they were both with FF. They are really pushing for the 2nd seat. Hopefully not but people are easily duped.

Homelander wrote: »
    Been hearing a lot of extremely negative things about Joe Loughnane recently, in terms of his personal behavior 'behind the scenes'. Of course some people trying to claim it's some sort of orchestrated smear campaign but....you'd wonder.

Haven't voted yet. Still a bit on the fence about who to vote for.

I've just seen this.
    https://twitter.com/NWCI/status/1226135969772032000

Wish I didn't give him my No.8 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Homelander wrote: »
    Of course some people trying to claim it's some sort of orchestrated smear campaign but....you'd wonder.

Well, he has responded to those tweets, seems to have been genuine... some temper on him.

https://twitter.com/PbpJoe/status/1226118284006875142?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭cal naughton

Surely Loughnane will have to seriously consider his future in politics after that admission. Nothing worse than a hypocrite.

Surely he'll be turfed out of PBP in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Sure the way he posts on here is very aggressive as well.

Sure the way he posts on here is very aggressive as well.

Really? Who is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Really? Who is he?

Its not for me to reveal it but just use the search button above and it'll all become clear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Been suspended with immediate effect

Advertisement