Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mould and dampness - question

Options
  • 13-01-2020 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Can I follow on this thread with a similiar issue,
    Our back door has some dampness at the reveal. This is in the kitchen.
    How can I resolve this issue?
    Is it due the warm humid kitchen hitting the cold wall, and maybe the wall is not insulated enough.
    So condensation is building up,
    Or is it a badly installed door?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Can I follow on this thread with a similiar issue,
    Our back door has some dampness at the reveal. This is in the kitchen.
    How can I resolve this issue?
    Is it due the warm humid kitchen hitting the cold wall, and maybe the wall is not insulated enough.
    So condensation is building up,
    Or is it a badly installed door?

What does the outside look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 freethefarmer

What does the outside look like?

It is a blockwork rendered wall, no cracks and, mastic sealed. done in the last 10 years.
    What way are you leaning might be the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 freethefarmer

It is a blockwork rendered wall, no cracks and, mastic sealed. done in the last 10 years.
    What way are you leaning might be the issue?

https://imageshack.us/i/pm9Ivwxnp

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

So right beside the part of the way that exhibits water ingress, is a pipe(sewage?) pipe running down into the ground. I'm going to take a guess and say there is a bathroom directly above the problem area?

To me, from the picture that's not "damp", that's just plain old water ingress coming through the brick. Again guessing, I'd say its running down the inside of the cavity block. If it was at the bottom soaking up the wall it wouldn't be so direct to the area, same coming in from outside. So I'd start above where that is, looking at water sources. A bathroom would be the obvious source, probably something touching the outside wall or going through it, roof/windows above it next.

Advertisement