Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election called for Saturday 8 February

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

C__MC wrote: »
    SinnFein already playing off the same hym sheet from previous elections

Just as Coveney started with a throwback to pre-2011. All intended to deflect from their own failings

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

titan18 wrote: »
    No idea tbh. I've heard nothing good or bad about him really. I think there's a few in with a shot of the 4th seat. Probably come down to him, Buttimer and Greens (assuming the rise from the local elections continues). Not sure is Lynch running for Labour again, but he'd generally do well so might have a shot too

I didn't hear much about him apart from the odd thing.
    I'd be thinking similar to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭2020Vision

road_high wrote: »
    Her brother is Jim O’Callaghan- a senior FF td- she’s hardly going to be completely unbiased now is she?

A Part time FF TD who spends most of his time earning loads of money in the Four Courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    If you don’t want to answer the door what about printing this post and sticking on your hall door ? They need to know how the country feels

Boy will I be telling them !

Lucky enough to have a kind of porch thing before the Hall Door. The doorbell is on the outside.

I will get mad at them, but if I don't have to I won't answer. It's the same oul ****e, different day.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Don't remember too many Saturday votes. Was relieved to hear it. Kids primary school is closed enough.

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    Her brother is Jim O’Callaghan- a senior FF td- she’s hardly going to be completely unbiased now is she?

Regardless, it's still a fair point.

So far Coveney has does nothing but blame FF, dismiss SF, and talk over everyone.

Nothing new on offer from him beyond the waffle we've heard many times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Is this the last throw of the dice for Micheal Martin?

Probably. He'll be the only FF leader not to be Taoiseach if he doesn't do it this time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Why does anyone think it’s great to spend money on social housing!

I’d say he’d need a dice with the six on all sides to be Taoiseach

• Advertisement

Why does anyone think it’s great to spend money on social housing!

Because the idea is that by providing social housing, it'll take pressure off the private rental sector and in theory reduce costs and increase availability there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,526 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yes, he will resign if he isn't going into Govn't, IWT.
    I think FG will be short of quality to go on the media. Probably thought Coveney would be best with Brexit and NI negotiated, but he's painful on media.

FG would be in a much healthier position if coveney was Taoiseach

A good man

Yes I agree. He has Gravitas unlike the Vlad person. But there we are.

In time he will be a good leader.

Yes I agree. He has Gravitas unlike the Vlad person. But there we are.

In time he will be a good leader.

You're not watching RTE 1 then I take it.

He was woeful there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Pitiful digs at each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Lisa chambers struggling

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Because the idea is that by providing social housing, it'll take pressure off the private rental sector and in theory reduce costs and increase availability there.

It also gives more incentive not to work , but I guess it’s a catch 22 - damd if u do damd if u don’t

ChikiChiki wrote: »

I'd have to probably give it to Pierce to be honest.

Lisa chambers struggling

Only for she’s pretty she’d be putting up the posters I’d say !

I think we’re hitting for a hung Dail !
    There’s no clear runner or stand out party to make a good run at it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

john4321 wrote: »
    I'm sure there are plenty of parents around the country who dont have to arrange childcare or take a day off work as the schools won't be closed who wont be p1ssed.

He's literally saved us a headache and money by doing that. It just makes sense. We're getting better value out of our public service as well by the teachers being in work.
    I'd be tempted to back them for that move alone, some of his party have to go but now doubt the ones that should be dismissed first probably fixed the roads in Greystones & Dun Laoighre.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    That's an Irish general election campaign for you!

I think Leo's self absorbed image and Dublin focus will hurt him. Remember that the party membership wanted Coveney as leader. Coveney did himself no favours tonight either.

Martin has been around the block a few times. If they can capitalise on the poor performance by FG on key issues then I think he'll be in the driving seat after the 8th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭2020Vision

Only for she’s pretty she’d be putting up the posters I’d say !

Pretty dumb you mean!

Bare faced lied about voting for absent colleagues in Dáil votes until the video evidence was produced and she had to confess. And she's being put forward as the young fresh face of "FF nua"! Old wine in new bottles.

Looks pretty much as you were at this point. Could be May by the time we get a new government!

So who will you vote for. Genuine question.

For the first time in my life I may have to abstain. Does anyone else feel the same way?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Where are the manifestos? To make an impact with the electorate a party has to stop playing it safe and come up with a popular game changer!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,039 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

2020Vision wrote: »
    Pretty dumb you mean!

Bare faced lied about voting for absent colleagues in Dáil votes until the video evidence was produced and she had to confess. And she's being put forward as the young fresh face of "FF nua"! Old wine in new bottles.

Rising star is the phrase used on late debate on RTÉ radio 1 just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I think Leo's self absorbed image and Dublin focus will hurt him. Remember that the party membership wanted Coveney as leader. Coveney did himself no favours tonight either.

Martin has been around the block a few times. If they can capitalise on the poor performance by FG on key issues then I think he'll be in the driving seat after the 8th.

His Dublin focus?

Where is that in evidence?

• Advertisement

Is Martin a good enough campaigner? I know he does well in debates but I don't know he can follow the line that doesn't get FF into a "what about 2010?" jibe. They may need to depend on FG making a hash of their own campaign and they've got form there.

Advertisement