Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election called for Saturday 8 February

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Really want to know what SF will do for those who go to work and brave the traffic, pay childcare costs etc, be it in Dublin or elsewhere.

While many of their tracksuit wearing supporters don't care about those who are paying for this and never will. Will leave it with you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Absolutely hopeless, certainly don’t want her anywhere near Dáil Éireann

How do FG vet their election candidates?? She is a looper.
    Paschal is so happy he dumped her.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Look at SF's performance in NI ! Totally self serving.

And that in a completely subsidised fake economic environment to boot- we have to pay our own way and to risk handing they to the likes of SF is suicide. Grand if you want to live a life of welfare and anarchy - different for those of us that actually want to progress in life

Really want to know what SF will do for those who go to work and brave the traffic, pay childcare costs etc, be it in Dublin or elsewhere.

While many of their tracksuit wearing supporters don't care about those who are paying for this and never will. Will leave it with you

Stick more taxes on obviously. How else will they deliver the free goodies to their voters?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Denis the competition authority did piss all for the farmers only pist down on them !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Not allot of choice out there, FG and FF their records speak for themselves, SF the spectre of the past is still following them around too much bullying and pretense of democracy, the rest of the left don't have a coherent message.

Knowing that we probably wont see much change no matter who we have in it's a case of voting for who can do the least damage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Weirdly there is no mention of climate change so far. I doubt it will be a big issue in this election. Perhaps worryingly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Watching the tonight show, and while I'm no fan of FG by any means, Paschal Donohoe is an excellent representative.

He's head and shoulders above the rest of the panel, but in fairness the others are Dennis Naughten, Dara Calleary and Verona Murphy.

Nuff said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I wear a tracksuit, have a full time job, kids, rent a house with no help from the state.

Il be voting Sinn Fein

So stick your snobbiness up your arse

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

spurshero wrote: »
    Since 2010 we have record rents record homelessness numbers record amount of people waiting on trolleys ... fg all the way ffs

Record tents because the economy and jobs have grown so much since 2010. At least in 2010 there were plenty of hosts, so much so that we had today estates that needed to be demolished.
    But I guess having close to 14% unemployment at least fixed that.

• Advertisement

Well not in time for this election anyway. Daunting challenge, but IMO it's the only way people like you will have your interests properly represented going forward.

What do you think and how will YOU vote?

6bo28hL.jpg

Weirdly there is no mention of climate change so far. I doubt it will be a big issue in this election. Perhaps worryingly so.

Climate change is not an immediate worry if you have to get up at 6 am or so, and deposit your kids to a childminder for a humoungous cost.

I honestly don't think some people live in the REAL world at all.

I wear a tracksuit, have a full time job, kids, rent a house with no help from the state.

Il be voting Sinn Fein

I wear Track suits too and have a job. But think SF are a bad joke- what’s your point exactly?

Record tents because the economy and jobs have grown so much since 2010. At least in 2010 there were plenty of hosts, so much so that we had today estates that needed to be demolished.
    But I guess having close to 14% unemployment at least fixed that.

No record rents , because we keep taking people into this country !
    Unemployment is only around 5%

Il be voting Sinn Fein

That is exactly why SF is off the radar for many. But you may be trolling, but who cares. Except you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Il be voting Sinn Fein

So you have no issue with the Army Council calling the shots over elected reps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Mary Lou for Taoiseach (Not)!

My God, can you imagine that penetrating (rough as a badgers arse) voice being the voice of our leader on the World stage :confused:

Scary & sobering thought for any of you young bucks who think it's cool to be "edgy & daring" to vote for the Shinners....

SF will forever have the cordite epithet.

Supporters are the same. They will never get the support of those who work hard. And there will always be that whiff of cordite around them. It is just below the surface always. Well to me it is anyway.

They will always have a core support, but it will not reflect most people.

Shoo.

My God, can you imagine that penetrating (rough as a badgers arse) voice being the voice of our leader on the World stage :confused:

Scary & sobering thought for any of you young bucks who think it's cool to be "edgy & daring" to vote for the Shinners....

Catherine Thomas might get her on operation transformation !

• Advertisement

Sinn Fein will always be associated with the IRA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

The smell of fear about SF being kingmakers lingers in the thread.

It could be worse. Pearse Doherty could be leader.

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    The smell of fear about SF being kingmakers lingers in the thread.

Not a bit of it- I’d love to see them go into power- stick Mr “i have all the answers” Doherty immediately into housing and that Mary lou idiot straight into health. Then and only then would we see SF for the fakes that they are. Kingmakers me arse

Better the Divil you know rather than a SF/Ira convert for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

SF will forever have the cordite epithet.

Supporters are the same. They will never get the support of those who work hard. And there will always be that whiff of cordite around them. It is just below the surface always. Well to me it is anyway.

They will always have a core support, but it will not reflect most people.

Shoo.

It's mainly because any time they look like they are a decent party that's not messed up we get some sort of scandal, Maria Cahill or the likes of the bullying accusations that has gone on.

Better the Divil you know rather than a SF/Ira convert for the moment.

Indeed. Why gamble your future away unless you’re a welfare junky with nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

No record rents , because we keep taking people into this country !
    Unemployment is only around 5%
    4.8% but still you will hear about all the people on the dole. :rolleyes:

Calhoun wrote: »
    It's mainly because any time they look like they are a decent party that's not messed up we get some sort of scandal, Maria Cahill or the likes of the bullying accusations that has gone on.

I know. I think in reality SF is a party of the North of Ireland, and only really attracts those here who are remnants of the United Ireland rump.

I wouldn't trust them with a candle. Not to mind anything else.

• Advertisement

Can't see a thread on this. That's pretty soon huh? I hope people vote anything but FF/FG. Why not do something different for a change?

38 pages? I can't be ploughing through that! So if this point was made already, faux apology in advance.
    Do something different, you say. Well what are the options? Seems to me all other parties besides the top 3 are bread and butter opposition parties. Sinn Fein and the left alliances are fully aware that a spell in government will see them wiped out at the subsequent election. There is no way they can prop up FF or FG for a term and hold any integrity with the voters they target.

So should we vote for an opposition or for a government?

Advertisement