Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election called for Saturday 8 February

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Billcarson wrote: »
    Sf
    Going backwards. Will do well to limit losses to 6-7 seats. Then there is that predilection to tax anyone who wouldn't vote for them, fill the country with social housing and spend obscene amounts of money to "free" the HSE so no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Billcarson

is_that_so wrote: »
    Going backwards. Will do well to limit losses to 6-7 seats. Then there is predilection to tax anyone who wouldn't vote for them, fill the country with social housing and spend obscene amounts of mony to "free" the HSE so no.

What will ff or fg do? No thanks either!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Going backwards. Will do well to limit losses to 6-7 seats. Then there is that predilection to tax anyone who wouldn't vote for them, fill the country with social housing and spend obscene amounts of money to "free" the HSE so no.

SF are goosed, I can't ever see them in government

What will ff or fg do? No thanks either!
    Get a whole lot more seats. Be all things to all people and form a government.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Well I'm hoping we get a new transport minister anyway, and health.

Doesn't matter who gets the two roles unless there is a hunger in the government and the unions to change things.

Oh and the answer is no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Taoiseach o 1 o clock news and we are officially off and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Taoiseach o 1 o clock news and we are officially off and running.

I wouldn't exactly class it as a run, there's gonna be very little changing here, we re not ready for that

• Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I'd hope contributors here would attempt a fair analysis by posters. I respect people having different viewpoints but bringing those views blindly to a thread is of no benefit.

Get a whole lot more seats. Be all things to all people and form a government.

Dummies for dummies

Finian is out so opens up the possibility of Aodhan O'Riordan picking up a Labour seat.
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/finian-mcgrath-confirms-he-wont-stand-in-february-election-975398.html

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I am not going to vote FFG or SF.

Not sure who will get my vote but I am hoping if enough people avoid the civil war parties there will be some movement towards new parties with better calibre candidates down the line.

After 20 years voting FG, I will probably go IND.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Voted for an Independent as the best of a bad bunch the last time round

Unfortunately he is now running for FG this time round so I'll have to find someone else for my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Finian is out so opens up the possibility of Aodhan O'Riordan picking up a Labour seat.
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/finian-mcgrath-confirms-he-wont-stand-in-february-election-975398.html

Just what the country needs

Amadan O'Riordain back in the Dail

Fierce pity he got into the Seanad after losing his seat the last time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Great to see DCC taking down the early election posters this morning in the city centre.

Dummies for dummies
    If SF were seen as a realistic option they'd be one of those dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I can see a FF&FG coalition.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

SF/AAA-PBP make good opposition, but I wouldn't trust them to know what to do in Government more than I could throw them. If people think that they'll change Health etc than more fools they are. People act like out health system was great pre-FG - not that FG have done a good job, it's just a moneypit needing reform.

Also there is a point where you get too many independents and they just turn into glorified local councilors, but it looks like every tom, dick, and verona are going for it so we shall see.

Technically the current government remains in place until a new one is agreed.

What's your honest prediction for FG's total seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭john9876

What's the logic behind having it on a Saturday?

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I can see a FF&FG coalition.

We already have one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

john9876 wrote: »

Schools won't need to close

If SF were seen as a realistic option they'd be one of those dummies.

I'm not saying sf would wave a magic wand if they were in power but I certainly wont be voting fg or ff.
    In my heart of hearts I can see FF back in power as much as it gauls me to think that.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

Schools won't need to close

Teachers everywhere will be ragin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

john9876 wrote: »

For the folk who get up in the morning 9-5 who Leo took care of so much

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I think it will be a FF/SF government. We will still be complaining about housing and health by the time they call the next election which won't be too far away as SF will pull the plug early.
    The next government will have to deal with the post brexit hit to the economy so just as well for FG that they get out at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

mlem123 wrote: »
    SF/AAA-PBP make good opposition, but I wouldn't trust them to know what to do in Government more than I could throw them. If people think that they'll change Health etc than more fools they are. People act like out health system was great pre-FG - not that FG have done a good job, it's just a moneypit needing reform.

Also there is a point where you get too many independents and they just turn into glorified local councilors, but it looks like every tom, dick, and verona are going for it so we shall see.
    The Trots will be lucky to have any representation at all in the next Dail.

mlem123 wrote: »
    Teachers everywhere will be ragin :pac:

Many of them count the votes so wont do too bad.

What's your honest prediction for FG's total seats?
    Dunno till I see some polls and then I reckon it's looking at it constituency by constituency. They will be at least one down in DL to start with!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

padd b1975 wrote: »
    The Trots will be lucky to have any representation at all in the next Dail.

The bang of BO and cannabis might finally lift from the seats in the far peripheries of the Dáil chamber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Can't see a thread on this. That's pretty soon huh? I hope people vote anything but FF/FG. Why not do something different for a change?

I've a good paid job, private health insurance and paying a low rate mortgage.
    Who should I vote for?
    FF did the most damage to the country since the foundation of the state. SF want to tax me more but we won't get any better services, voting independent is a waste of my time going to the ballot box.
    The greens might be a choice but too small to effect real change. Labour to help the unions blackmail comnuters, nope.

I have never stuck my fingers in an electricity socket, but hey, why not for a change.

Advertisement