Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election called for Saturday 8 February

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Genuinely haven’t a clue who I am gona vote for. Feel like I am voting for either a kick in the bollox or a punch in the bollox. Feel like am gona get shafted either way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Why don't they give the option to vote online?

It be far easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Why don't they give the option to vote online?

It be far easier.

It works for the X factor so what could go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Edgware wrote: »
    Steve Brookstein

He has gone very wrong...tapped

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Edgware wrote: »

I'm sure there is a way in which voting can be done without the need for Simon Cowell to get involved.

All jokes aside its 2020 and there should be some form of online voting for people that are capable of doing so.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Voting for FG is essentially condoning the corrupt actions of Farrell, Bailey, Murphy, Mulherin, Madigan, McElvaney, Trickle Hogan etc.
    Voting for FF is essentially forgiving the party that ruined this country just 13 years ago. Remember what they did to the national debt when the next recession hits.

Like an idiot I voted FG for nearly 20 years. Tomorrow I will be voting differently; SDs, Independents, Green. Anyone but FFG.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'm sure there is a way in which voting can be done without the need for Simon Cowell to get involved.

All jokes aside its 2020 and there should be some form of online voting for people that are capable of doing so.

While the outcome of the election is still in doubt I think we can say with certainty that online voting will never happen.

The sanctity of the ballot box is the bedrock of our democracy and online voting can't be as secure and secret no matter how you go about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Like an idiot I voted FG for nearly 20 years. Tomorrow I will be voting differently; SDs, Independents, Green. Anyone but FFG.

The problem is if everyone does that they might get the government they vote for!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

shocking weather for the vote tomorrow

It's really no excuse not to vote if you are at home.

I find that people that do not vote for some inconvenience reason are a bit dim anyway i.e. not politically aware or informed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Beautiful day out there now, unless you're on the west coast I guess. Deterioration is expected for later but not an excuse at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Is there any chance Leo could loose his seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Very doubtful but you never know in politics

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Very doubtful but you never know in politics

Be quite funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I have to say the media have been insane this election.spent the last few years highlighting how terrible everything is.literal misery week in week out.then the election happens and everything improves magically. Wait until the election is over and you'll see the "real" world filter back in again to the media.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Beautiful day out there now, unless you're on the west coast I guess. Deterioration is expected for later but not an excuse at all.

It's fine in Galway now. A typical February day. No excuse at all.

smurgen wrote: »
    I have to say the media have been insane this election.spent the last few years highlighting how terrible everything is.literal misery week in week out.then the election happens and everything improves magically. Wait until the election is over and you'll see the "real" world filter back in again to the media.

Who's saying everything has improved?

All I see is doom and gloom every day still in the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

smurgen wrote: »

RTE wanted desperately for a safe middle class left wing party like the social democrats or the greens to grow in stature so they hyped the homeless situation and ignored the remarkable economic recovery, only when they realised it was SF who were surging, did they switch gear and row in behind the centrist parties

Reap what you sow

Is there any chance Leo could loose his seat?

It's lose !!!!

Loose is an adjective that means 'not tight'.

It's lose !!!!

OK!

• Advertisement

OK!

Get it right. I am not going through a lengthy election count with that nonsense.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

All done and dusted.
    I went the furthest down the paper than I ever have in a long while (to #8)
    Steady stream of voters, no crowds.
    Beautiful morning in Dublin so hope the turnout is high no matter the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    All done and dusted.
    I went the furthest down the paper than I ever have in a long while (to #8)
    Steady stream of voters, no crowds.
    Beautiful morning in Dublin so hope the turnout is high no matter the result.

Not too bad in Cork now either.worst of it was yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Shades of 2007, Martin has a problem with the Central Bank. The rules are there because of the mess his party made. Hopefully the bank tells him to do one.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/central-bank-wants-us-all-to-be-renting-martin-in-dig-at-regulator3893206938932130-38931601.html

The central bank rules are the last safeguard against madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

My local polling station in Cork was at 19.5% so far voted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    RTE wanted desperately for a safe middle class left wing party like the social democrats or the greens to grow in stature so they hyped the homeless situation and ignored the remarkable economic recovery, only when they realised it was SF who were surging, did they switch gear and row in behind the centrist parties

Reap what you sow
    RTE hyped the 10,000 homeless situation to such an extreme that it was possibly the number 1 election item for all parties.
    That is the height of insanity.

When TV reporters surprised people on the street during the week asking them what was the big issue for them in the upcoming election, the majority responded with homelessness. For many of them, this topic has been drilled into their psyche so much by the likes of RTE, that they were conditioned to answer with this illogical response.

So the future of our country (apparently) now depends on finding/building free homes for 10,000 people every year.
    As I said, the height of insanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,037 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I voted earlier this morning and I don’t have a percentage but there were four people in front of me which I don’t recall that happening before. There were people leaving and coming as I was leaving. Is the official term brisk ?

Kivaro wrote: »
    RTE hyped the 10,000 homeless situation to such an extreme that it was possibly the number 1 election item for all parties.

When TV reporters surprised people on the street during the week asking them what was the big issue for them in the upcoming election, the majority responded with homelessness. For many of them, this topic has been drilled into their psyche so much by the likes of RTE, that they were conditioned to answer with this illogical response.

So the future of our country (apparently) now depends on finding/building free homes for 10,000 people every year.

100% agree.

Never drilled into the circumstances of these 10,000.

It was just all Leo's fault and that's that.

No questions asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Kivaro wrote: »

That's not correct, now is it?
    Housing is the top issue along with health.
    While health will never be solved without serious crossparty partnership (Slaintecare anyone) the housing crisis is not simply '10,000 homeless'
    Working people cannot afford rents.
    Working people cannot hope to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    That's not correct, now is it?
    Housing is the top issue along with health.
    While health will never be solved without serious crossparty partnership (Slaintecare anyone) the housing crisis is not simply '10,000 homeless'
    Working people cannot afford rents.
    Working people cannot hope to buy.
    Exactly.
    Health, housing, crime, infrastructure. These are the main issues for the country. Social housing should be a subset of the substantial housing problem, but the focus by RTE was the 10,000, and not the many hundreds of thousands of people in this country forced to pay exorbitant rents and struggle to find an affordable home.

Advertisement