Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election called for Saturday 8 February

Options
1616263646567»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

sky88 wrote: »
    First time I’ve ever gone to vote looked at the paper and just heart sank realising I actually still had no clue who to vote for as there’s bad to all of them
    Yeah. This time I voted to vote against people rather than for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

I've a question regarding what happens to surplus votes.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/government_in_ireland/elections_and_referenda/voting/proportional_representation.html

Halfway down that link states the rules surrounding it.

So, like the example says, person B gets 300 votes (30% of person A's 1000 surplus). Person A had 6000 votes, so does person B get 1,800 votes physically placed in it's box (even though it's only worth 300 votes)? The reason I am asking is in case person B's votes have to be counted again once candidate B is elected or eliminated, in order to give additional votes to candidate C, candidate D etc.

When/if person A's votes are counted for the third time, there's a big difference depending on whether it is 300 or 1800 votes going to be counted, regardless for what number of votes they are equal to after the percentage is taken into account.

Does anyone know the answer?

Slightly unrelated, but I saw an article on journal.ie that suggested it was a random pick of the last count of votes that are re counted for preferences once someone passes the quota (after receiving a transfer).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

At what time are the exit poll results due to be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

At what time are the exit poll results due to be released?

Apparently the moment the polls close at 10. I hope they provide a projected seat count along with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The exit poll has it's own thread -

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058052666

Won't be long now.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement