Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebranding St Patricks day for a greener future

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Tax and more Tax - that will solve everything

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It has to be the worst "festival" ever. We are just not suited to street parties. I went to Queen's day (now King's day) in Holland about 10 years ago and the whole of Amsterdam was in orange, millions come to the streets and drink beer and have boat parties, and there are DJs set up everywhere and little bars on the streets. You just couldn't do that here because of the amount of knackers who would kick off, and because the Gov wouldn't allow it anyway. It's sad to think Americans etc visit Dublin on St Pat's day thinking it's some great Mardi Gras type festival. It's f*cking sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

It has to be the worst "festival" ever. We are just not suited to street parties. I went to Queen's day (now King's day) in Holland about 10 years ago and the whole of Amsterdam was in orange, millions come to the streets and drink beer and have boat parties, and there are DJs set up everywhere and little bars on the streets. You just couldn't do that here because of the amount of knackers who would kick off, and because the Gov wouldn't allow it anyway. It's sad to think Americans etc visit Dublin on St Pat's day thinking it's some great Mardi Gras type festival. It's f*cking sh*te.

It is a waste of time as it stands . I don't drink and the parades leave a disgraceful mess in their wake.a couple of years ago I asked a rather scruffy looking inebriated gentleman if he would be so kind as to remove the beer cans he discarded on the.street and place them in a bin that was less than fifty meters away, I was met with a tirade of abuse and threats of physical harm. I waited at a safe distance until he moved on and did it myself. This is one of the reasons why this festivals needs a core value, such as raising awareness about the cli:ate emergency, to make it worthwhile and something we can be proud of. The opportunity is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Paddygreen wrote: »
    It is a waste of time as it stands . I don't drink and the parades leave a disgraceful mess in their wake.a couple of years ago I asked a rather scruffy looking inebriated gentleman if he would be so kind as to remove the beer cans he discarded on the.street and place them in a bin that was less than fifty meters away, I was met with a tirade of abuse and threats of physical harm. I waited at a safe distance until he moved on and did it myself. This is one of the reasons why this festivals needs a core value, such as raising awareness about the cli:ate emergency, to make it worthwhile and something we can be proud of. The opportunity is there.

Go way with your BS movement.

If you don't like it don't participate. If you don't like being Irish Move to the USA or some place. I'm sure they will be more than happy to listen to your silly suggestions about changing their National Holiday....Independence Day in the States could then become Independence from Carbon day!...(like that is ever gonna happen)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It was a religious festival rebranded as a drinking festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

It was a religious festival rebranded as a drinking festival.

It should promote a message about climate change. It is the perfect Green platform., we should use it to show the world that Ireland is serious about the climate emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It should promote a message about climate change. It is the perfect Green platform., we should use it to show the world that Ireland is serious about the climate emergency.

LoL.
    Good luck with it.

There is no climate emergency. Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Is that you Aongus, have you turned green

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

No, lets leave the activism out of everyday life......thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement