Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joexit-is Joe back for 2020?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

whats funny about 3 fat c**** standing in a hotel carpark??

https://twitter.com/LMBER/status/1223245345905430535

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

wow the same auld joke fer almost 20 years! and why not I suppose, slop for slobs.

Not listening. Any proizes (freebies to friends) yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Not listening. Any proizes (freebies to friends) yet?

Nothing yet, standard fair (terrible) so far.

Would Joe like to be living in Clontarf Castle, without the other guests so to speak. The house must have some history. He’d be wealthy enough to buy it as a residence, with a wing for each twin or three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Heartbreaking? It was more like a tournament so to speak. He still managed to get a few plugs in despite the heartbreak believe it or not.

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/entertainment/celebrity/joe-duffy-says-he-had-heartbreaking-christmas-as-he-attended-nine-funerals/ar-BBZvF9k?li=BBr5KbJ&ocid=DELLDHP17

Joe Duffy said he had a heartbreaking Christmas - attending nine funerals, including the late Marian Finucane and Larry Gogan.

The RTE radio presenter, who celebrated his 64th birthday earlier this week went on to joke about facing the RTE retirement age.

Speaking at the red carpet of the The Lieutenant of Inishmore this week, he jokingly told Irish Daily Mirror: “At least I didn’t get my marching orders from RTE.

Laughing, he went on to quote Paul McCartney’s ‘When I’m Sixty-four’ saying: “Don’t tell RTE I’m 64, will they still need me, still they feed me..”, before clarifying that the retirement policy won’t affect him because he isn’t staff.

Following the sad start to the new year for the broadcaster, which included the deaths of two legendary figures, Larry Gogan and Marian Finucane, the Liveline presenter said there is a sadness looming within the station.

The Dubliner told: “There is a sadness over Marian and a sadness over Larry and the residual from Gay.

“I was texting Kathleen[ Watkins, Gay’s wife] the other day, I think she hurt her foot, but isn’t she brilliant, isn’t she brilliant.”

Going on to open up about his own sadness, he revealed that he has had a rough start to the new year.

He said: “Ah yeah that is fine but the other complication, my Christmas was so sad because my mother-in-law died the day after Marian, my aunt died the day.. So I think I went to nine funerals over christmas.”

But looking ahead to the new year, the author of historic novel, Children of the Troubles, said he is hoping to get his documentary on the BBC.

He said: “Well my book is still out there, and we are pitching it, like we made it and broadcast on RTE but we are pitching it to BBC so we are optimistic they are going to broadcast it because it is about the troubles obviously.”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Jaysus I forgot this utter drivel was on ...

neris wrote: »

Another new producer. Is that 9 now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mountain

neris wrote: »

That’s pitiful

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Heartbreaking? It was more like a tournament so to speak. He still managed to get a few plugs in despite the heartbreak believe it or not.

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/entertainment/celebrity/joe-duffy-says-he-had-heartbreaking-christmas-as-he-attended-nine-funerals/ar-BBZvF9k?li=BBr5KbJ&ocid=DELLDHP17

Joe Duffy said he had a heartbreaking Christmas - attending nine funerals, including the late Marian Finucane and Larry Gogan.

The RTE radio presenter, who celebrated his 64th birthday earlier this week went on to joke about facing the RTE retirement age.

Speaking at the red carpet of the The Lieutenant of Inishmore this week, he jokingly told Irish Daily Mirror: “At least I didn’t get my marching orders from RTE.

Laughing, he went on to quote Paul McCartney’s ‘When I’m Sixty-four’ saying: “Don’t tell RTE I’m 64, will they still need me, still they feed me..”, before clarifying that the retirement policy won’t affect him because he isn’t staff.

Following the sad start to the new year for the broadcaster, which included the deaths of two legendary figures, Larry Gogan and Marian Finucane, the Liveline presenter said there is a sadness looming within the station.

The Dubliner told: “There is a sadness over Marian and a sadness over Larry and the residual from Gay.

“I was texting Kathleen[ Watkins, Gay’s wife] the other day, I think she hurt her foot, but isn’t she brilliant, isn’t she brilliant.”

Going on to open up about his own sadness, he revealed that he has had a rough start to the new year.

He said: “Ah yeah that is fine but the other complication, my Christmas was so sad because my mother-in-law died the day after Marian, my aunt died the day.. So I think I went to nine funerals over christmas.”

But looking ahead to the new year, the author of historic novel, Children of the Troubles, said he is hoping to get his documentary on the BBC.

He said: “Well my book is still out there, and we are pitching it, like we made it and broadcast on RTE but we are pitching it to BBC so we are optimistic they are going to broadcast it because it is about the troubles obviously.”

Laughing, he went on to quote Paul McCartney’s ‘When I’m Sixty-four’ saying: “Don’t tell RTE I’m 64, will they still need me, still they feed me..”, before clarifying that the retirement policy won’t affect him because he isn’t staff. Is it a joke or not Joe.

He has the people who turn 65 today on now to be belittled 'hows your health/how old are you 92?'

• Advertisement

“Captivated by Dorothy "Dolly" Vernon, lady of Clontarf Castle's charms, Handel would compose Forest Music in her honour.

Dolly's legacy would be remembered in the christening of Dollymount, one of Clontarf's finest neighbourhoods.”

Youthful audience again today I see.....

https://twitter.com/LMBER/status/1223247063808462848?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Fair play to Joe, always finds a cloud in every silver lining.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

This one is brutal

https://twitter.com/LMBER/status/1223248056948228097?s=20

Dear Lisa Marie and Dee Forbes, it is not your job or place as a taxpayer funded institution to promote the private twitter account of a contractor. Please desist from this in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Joe is some hypocrite, giving out about the pension when it suits him, but making a mockery and laughing in the pensioners faces for Funny Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Atrocious

Joe is some hypocrite, giving out about the pension when it suits him, but making a mockery and laughing in the pensioners faces for Funny Friday

Are you new here?

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Atrocious

Wow, it’s better than usual then!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Who is the Lisa Marie Berry one who is tweeting related to I wonder?

I'm going to put through a FOI request to see if Duffy got expenses for staying in Clontarf Castle Hotel last night.

• Advertisement

BPKS wrote: »
    Who is the Lisa Marie Berry one who is tweeting related to I wonder?

I'm going to put through a FOI request to see if Duffy got expenses for staying in Clontarf Castle Hotel last night.

She’s listed herself as the producer!!!! That’s at least 8 now, if not 9.....for one show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

She’s listed herself as the producer!!!! That’s at least 8 now, if not 9.....for one show.

Looking back through her tweets she seems to have worked for D Arcy before.

Is that a promotion or a demotion to Liveline I wonder?

I mean which is easier, contacting the Fair City office and PJ Gallagher or getting pensioners to call in about their pension.

Oh Gawd. What is this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Impressionist isn't bad

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭amlinopta

A fairly extensive of credits there, how many people involved in this farce every month? BBC announcing 450 redundancies from the News dept alone this week, RTE should take a look.

And a very happy birthday so to speak to the youngest members of today's audience:

https://twitter.com/LMBER/status/1223251184150028289?s=20

https://twitter.com/LMBER/status/1223252847577399296?s=20

Tuxedo? Check.
    Dickie Bow? Check.
    Red velour waitscoat? Hard to tell so to speak. On closer inspection it is! Wunderful! Fantastic so to speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Youthful audience again today I see.....

https://twitter.com/LMBER/status/1223247063808462848?s=20

All those slapheads, it'd be tempting to play Whack-a-mole.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

amlinopta wrote: »
    A fairly extensive of credits there, how many people involved in this farce every month? BBC announcing 450 redundancies from the News dept alone this week, RTE should take a look.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT I've done some rudimentary costings on FarcicalFryday in the past so to speak and my estimate is that it costs somewhere in the region of €25,000-40,000 to put on one of these atrocities. That's excluding all venue costs btw as one would have to assume they've free given the publicity so to speak; it's purely "talent", staff and OB (Outside Broadcast) costs. And knowing RTE I'm probably seriously underestimating the actual costs so to speak.

• Advertisement

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    All those slapheads, it'd be tempting to play Whack-a-mole.

You'd kill 90% of them with an inflatable hammer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement