Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joexit-is Joe back for 2020?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Joe Duffy says he had heartbreaking Christmas - as he attended nine funerals - Irish Mirror Online
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/joe-duffy-says-heartbreaking-christmas-21397166

we need 9 death rockers buttersuki

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Joe Duffy says he had heartbreaking Christmas - as he attended nine funerals - Irish Mirror Online
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/joe-duffy-says-heartbreaking-christmas-21397166

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I wonder did he go up an see his brother instead of attending all these funerals?

I wonder did he go up an see his brother instead of attending all these funerals?

He did in his gee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

withless wrote: »
    dat fart joke was too sophisticated for the crowd...

It went over their heads so to speak.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/rteliveline/status/1223268677669335040?s=20

Always time for a plug-een. Shameless. And using the RTE twitter account to do it. Dee Forbes are you reading this?

I see Tracy Piggott hasn’t had her contract renewed with RTE? Sure she can sue them like the last female contractor who did not have her contract renewed so to speak.

Basket case - RTE, not the woman.....actually both in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I see Tracy Piggott hasn’t had her contract renewed with RTE? Sure she can sue them like the last female contractor who did not have her contract renewed so to speak.

I'd say the walshes rule the racing scene there now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Asitis2019

https://twitter.com/rteliveline/status/1223268677669335040?s=20

Always time for a plug-een. Shameless. And using the RTE twitter account to do it. Dee Forbes are you reading this?

Look, Joe is a business man, and he knows good business. He is doing a favor for those who contributed towards his show. It is harmless, and good business sense. I see no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

"A dig out" as we say in this country.

• Advertisement

Asitis2019 wrote: »
    Look, Joe is a business man, and he knows good business. He is doing a favor for those who contributed towards his show. It is harmless, and good business sense. I see no problem.

You may see no problem with it. The majority of the rest of us do, incl. Dee Forbes, who has repeatedly spoken about advertising leakage on shows. You do know who Dee Forbes is, right?

And pray tell why it is harmless?

Is it harmless when he plugs his own wares incessantly too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

This one has to be one of the triplets

I'd say the walshes rule the racing scene there now

I’d say they’re praying Lottie Ryan or one of De Duffy chislers don’t take up an interest in horsey matters so to speak.

This one has to be one of the triplets

If I were to speculate, I’d suspect it’s one of the parents myself so to speak, but I’m not going to do that.

You may see no problem with it. The majority of the rest of us do, incl. Dee Forbes, who has repeatedly spoken about advertising leakage on shows. You do know who Dee Forbes is, right?

And pray tell why it is harmless?

Is it harmless when he plugs his own wares incessantly too?

Yes, Dee Forbes is the Director General of the RTE Corporation

I would see it as one poster said, a dig out - Joe giving a nod will boost interest. It is a win-win for Joe and his supporters.

Who is harmed?

I would see it as one poster said, a dig out - Joe giving a nod will boost interest. It is a win-win for Joe and his supporters.

Who is harmed?

And might I add what Joe is doing is promoting commerce, which is generating taxable income, which is contributing to the economy, which means more money on housing, health, child care

So, it is a win-win-win-win

Who is harmed?

And you don’t get that they were using dig out in a Bertie context of course?

And might I add what Joe is doing is promoting commerce, which is generating taxable income, which is contributing to the economy, which means more money on housing, health, child care

So, it is a win-win-win-win

Lol.

That’s why he prints his bukes in Germany is it?

Who is harmed?

Who is harmed?
    RTE through lost advertising revenue.
    Hotels who actually pay for advertising.
    The taxpayer who pays for RTE to be run properly.

Need I go on?

Who is harmed?
    RTE through lost advertising revenue.
    Hotels who actually pay for advertising.
    The taxpayer who pays for RTE to be run properly.

Need I go on?

Ah will you go wan and get out of the park

Joe has actually INCREASED Rte's advertising. Goodwill referrals will lead to future advertising revenues. Joe recognizes, the astute business man that he is, that business is based on relationships not transactions.

So NOT only has Joe increased commerce, he has increased advertising revenue. You see Joes knows how things work - yes, you have to be a bit slippy on the rules, but he sees the big picture.

Most all, he has generated commerce and future commerce - and in the process has increased future advertising share

Plus other hotels will be eager to cut deals.

Its all good Butter.

• Advertisement

Lol.

That’s why he prints his bukes in Germany is it?

This would be the publisher's decision, not Joes.

Joe has actually INCREASED Rte's advertising. Goodwill referrals will lead to future advertising revenues. Joe recognizes, the astute business man that he is, that business is based on relationships not transactions.

So NOT only has Joe increased commerce, he has increased advertising revenue. You see Joes knows how things work - yes, you have to be a bit slippy on the rules, but he sees the big picture.

Most all, he has generated commerce and future commerce - and in the process has increased future advertising share

Its all good Butter.

I really hope you’re just trolling at this stage because if you believe any of that you’re as enlighten on matters commercial in RTE as Mr. Duffy is on the subject of basic mathematics.

The show can go days and weeks with no paid advertising.

The most advertised products on the show in 2015 and 2016? Mr. Duffy’s buke. Total revenue to RTE? €0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mountain

Its all good Butter.

I really can’t decide if you believe the nonsense that you post.

This would be the publisher's decision, not Joes.

So you’re saying Mr. Duffy had no input into this decision? The man who openly mocked politicians and called them hypocrites for having paraphernalia printed abroad? Ok....

You’re a great writer of fiction yourself. You might consider a buke. Might I suggest a title for you?

“Joe Duffy is the most amazing man ever. He is to broadcasting and RTE what John Delaney was to the FAI and Soccer in Ireland. He went to Trinity and if he wanted could cure cancer and run the BBC and CNN at the same time believe it or not; but he’s loyal to RTE, and I’m his biggest fan so to speak”

Is it tablets or weed that has you in this state?

mountain wrote: »
    I really can’t decide if you believe the nonsense that you post.

Assuming it’s trolling. Or else it’s from inside Duffy Towers, or Dundrum.

Lads, don’t rise to the bait. It’s pouring petrol on the fire, opening the oxygen tap, or whatever metaphor else your heart desires.

I really hope you’re just trolling at this stage because if you believe any of that you’re as enlighten on matters commercial in RTE as Mr. Duffy is on the subject of basic mathematics.

The show can go days and weeks with no paid advertising.

The most advertised products on the show in 2015 and 2016? Mr. Duffy’s buke. Total revenue to RTE? €0

Do you have the statistics to back this up. I have heard car brands, banks, and entertainment advertised on his programme. yes, he does give credit to other shows the gentleman that he is. I would call that indirect advertising.

You are also ignoring all the traffic that Joe generates across platforms

It all adds up...

So you’re saying Mr. Duffy had no input into this decision? The man who openly mocked politicians and called them hypocrites for having paraphernalia printed abroad? Ok....

You’re a great writer of fiction yourself. You might consider a buke. Might I suggest a title for you?

“Joe Duffy is the most amazing man ever. He is to broadcasting and RTE what John Delaney was to the FAI and Soccer in Ireland. He went to Trinity and if he wanted could cure cancer and run the BBC and CNN at the same time believe it or not; but he’s loyal to RTE, and I’m his biggest fan so to speak”

Is it tablets or weed that has you in this state?

That is the publishers prerogative... he would have no input into such matters, much like any author.

Just like I can't go to Dunnes Stores and tell them to produce my kitchen roll in X country

Lads, don’t rise to the bait. It’s pouring petrol on the fire, opening the oxygen tap, or whatever metaphor else your heart desires.

Opening de sluice gates of Ardnacrusha more like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭golondrinas

You couldn't make it up. She sued them for 50,000
    Then they had her back working on live at three or whatever they call it now. Imagine if you had an ex- employee who sued you for that amount would you hire them again.? Then again RTE are good at firing around taxpayer's money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement