Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joexit-is Joe back for 2020?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

who has the time to be up to this sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

cutting off your nose de .........................joe cant remember the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I’m going to send my iodine tablets back!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Whor abouh Brexah?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

could you not make your voice any posher.

• Advertisement

So what did she want done?

mary carey quite contrary

crap show

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Worst show in recent memory for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Yer man has the right idea re election bumph. Used to get loads of mail order catalogues from a particular company. Made several requests to to have them stopped, no joy. Collected a few months worth and sent them back Freepost to same... never got one again.

Oops69 wrote: »
    The posters should be banned , what right do these arse holes have to blight the area

Do you mean boardsie posters??? :eek:

• Advertisement

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dublin-fake-money-food-breakingnews-17675272?fbclid=IwAR0UnwAV7NFum3KRwHrh9WMCZMVzyLHEohwal5hPhVFL9SaoudCtH_hvR1E

This is right up Joe's street

fake 30 euro notes

Joe, cover this tomorrow please, I need a laugh and your show has been bereft of a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Asitis2019 wrote: »
    This would be the publisher's decision, not Joes.
    That is the publishers prerogative... he would have no input into such matters, much like any author.

Just like I can't go to Dunnes Stores and tell them to produce my kitchen roll in X country

Nope, it's the writer's decision. Joe Duffy's colleague Ciaran Mullooly (Midlands correspondent for RTE News) had his book printed in Longford. He's originally from Lanesborough, did his apprenticeship in the Longford Leader and lives outside Roscommon town. He felt it was important to 'stay true to those who were loyal to me' (his own quote).

Also said at the time that it would have been cheaper to have had it published abroad. This was in an interview on Shannonside a couple of years ago - possibly the Joe Finnegan Show.

When he did the Children of the Rising book, Duffy hinted that he couldn't get the quality in Ireland and that it was too complex a job. Forgetting to mention that an annual bestseller 'A Season of Sundays' is printed in Dublin and bound in Belfast. It's a book of high quality photos of the years GAA action, very little text, so it needs to be top notch. Lame excuse from him.

The Troubles book was printed in Italy, obviously Germany, (where Children of the Rising was printed), have upped their prices.

He did it for money, to get more into his own back pocket; no other reason.

shearforce wrote: »
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dublin-fake-money-food-breakingnews-17675272?fbclid=IwAR0UnwAV7NFum3KRwHrh9WMCZMVzyLHEohwal5hPhVFL9SaoudCtH_hvR1E

This is right up Joe's street

fake 30 euro notes

Joe, cover this tomorrow please, I need a laugh and your show has been bereft of a bit of fun.

It is likely that the unfortunate staff member was somebody unused to Euro currency, likely from outside EU. Wasn’t Karen Buckley’s murderer in Glasgow a part-time low quality forger, so it’s likely some local low life is printing them off their HP printer bought for €30 in Tesco and passing them off on the most “foreign” person they can find.

KevRossi wrote: »
    Nope, it's the writer's decision. Joe Duffy's colleague Ciaran Mullooly (Midlands correspondent for RTE News) had his book printed in Longford. He's originally from Lanesborough, did his apprenticeship in the Longford Leader and lives outside Roscommon town. He felt it was important to 'stay true to those who were loyal to me' (his own quote).

Also said at the time that it would have been cheaper to have had it published abroad. This was in an interview on Shannonside a couple of years ago - possibly the Joe Finnegan Show.

When he did the Children of the Rising book, Duffy hinted that he couldn't get the quality in Ireland and that it was too complex a job. Forgetting to mention that an annual bestseller 'A Season of Sundays' is printed in Dublin and bound in Belfast. It's a book of high quality photos of the years GAA action, very little text, so it needs to be top notch. Lame excuse from him.

The Troubles book was printed in Italy, obviously Germany, (where Children of the Rising was printed), have upped their prices.

I’ve said this before, I’ll say my it again here at this point. Like the late great Catherine Nevin had been, according to Joe’s abhorrent eulogy, I too was “a great librarian”, but in the public rather than From the inside of a prison library. When Joe was researching the Chiselers of de Rising buke I was encouraging library customers to contribute to his research where they might be able, and to read the buke when it was published, using my artistic skills to create an attractive display with it crowning the 1916 set-up. As I had somehow been given to believe a portion of the proceeds was going to the children’s hospital down the road, I was doing my bit to give the project my thumbs up. Of course before I retired I was too busy working to be paying attention to Liveline or any other daytime radio.

KevRossi wrote: »

Joe is a positive revenue generator. He is REDUCING the national debt

As was pointed out earlier on the thread, Joe is responsible for reducing the National Debt. The trouble is, he’s reducing the National Debt of Italy and Germany, rather than Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Asitis2019

I rarely get to listen to Joe during the weekdays, so it is always a treat when I do get to indulge in a show. The show today was sad on occasions, but I thought Joe displayed remarkable empathy and emotional intelligence in his tone and approach. Very few broadcasters can seamlessly move across that spectrum, but Joe does it very well. as Mr Kipling would say, he makes exceedingly good shows.

The predictable and cheap shots came about his salary as usual. These are silly comments, and I must warn, I will take a zero tolerance approach here, they will not nor should be countenanced. Joe is a public service broadcaster whose books and philanthropic efforts generate marvelous results. He is a national treasure and asset to RTE.

To respond to the Gerry fellow, you know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Spectrum!!!!
    Careful now.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I rarely get to listen to Joe during the weekdays, so it is always a treat when I do get to indulge in a show. The show today was sad on occasions, but I thought Joe displayed remarkable empathy and emotional intelligence in his tone and approach. Very few broadcasters can seamlessly move across that spectrum, but Joe does it very well. as Mr Kipling would say, he makes exceedingly good shows.

The predictable and cheap shots came about his salary as usual. These are silly comments, and I must warn, I will take a zero tolerance approach here, they will not nor should be countenanced. Joe is a public service broadcaster whose books and philanthropic efforts generate marvelous results. He is a national treasure and asset to RTE.

To respond to the Gerry fellow, you know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Who exactly are you warning, and for what exactly?

His fees are a matter of record.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

More schadenfreude than philanthropist

Who exactly are you warning, and for what exactly?

His fees are a matter of record.

Sighs...must I explain everything :rolleyes:

We know his salary...he is appropriately compensated. We know this. Some people disagree, but it is none of their business, not with their gift.

So, we know that some people, Gerry among them, disagree with his remuneration. Ok, we get that. But why raise the issue everytime money comes up. It is not relevant. It is microscopic compared to national indebtedness.

So I am calling for a moratorium on discussions of his remuneration, chiefly because it is private matter, none of our business, and outside our scope of affairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Sighs...must I explain everything :rolleyes:

We know his salary...he is appropriately compensated. We know this. Some people disagree, but it is none of their business, not with their gift.

So, we know that some people, Gerry among them, disagree with his remuneration. Ok, we get that. But why raise the issue everytime money comes up. It is not relevant. It is microscopic compared to national indebtedness.

So I am calling for a moratorium on discussions of his remuneration, chiefly because it is private matter, none of our business, and outside our scope of affairs.

Fire away then. Let us know how you get on with that.

Seriously though, it hard to keep this up? Are you not tired of it yourself by now?

Btw, the expression is “not within their gift”. And even still you’ve managed to use it completely incorrectly - hmm, can we think of anyone else who uses words they don’t understand? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Fire away then. Let us know how you get on with that.

Seriously though, it hard to keep this up? Are you not tired of it yourself by now?

Btw, the expression is “not within their gift”. And even still you’ve managed to use it completely incorrectly - hmm, can we think of anyone else who uses words they don’t understand? :rolleyes:

Be fair, Joe is sometimes putting in over 6 hours work per week so you can't expect his trolling to be up to scratch. biggrin.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I see a member of the extended Mitty family, a long lost cousin from the Uncle Walter branch perhaps, is on the loose sotospeak.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

and I must warn, I will take a zero tolerance approach here, they will not nor should be countenanced.

So I am calling for a moratorium on discussions of his remuneration,

Can't get much clearer than that as an example of backseat moderation.
    There's a Bozo Bin with your name on it; use it.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

BACKSEAT MODERATION NOT TOLERATED and results in Infractions.

Catmaniac

So, we know that some people, Gerry among them, disagree with his remuneration.

Gerry? Gerry Ryan? I’d no idea he disagreed with what Joe got paid.

It’s true, you do learn something every day!

BACKSEAT MODERATION NOT TOLERATED and results in Infractions.

Catmaniac

Another day, another infarction

Water off a ducks back...woof

Another day, another infarction

Water off a ducks back...woof

Would that be a myocardial infarction? A bit more serious than an infraction, normally.

Judging by the animal metaphors (ducks, dogs) it may be best to seek veterinary advice. Just a thought :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I wonder will the special envelope with the security signature with the secret result of the controversial poll they told him not to do be opened and its society rocking mystery revealed?

Probably they will silence him and the truth will never be revealed and the whole thing never mentioned again.

Its a disgrace Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Did he get the everyone present to sign the Official Secrets Act to gain entry?
    This is very sensitive information

Only listened back earlier - the shrieking woman was doing my head in
    And trying to get your woman to say she's voting for SF - is that not voter intimidation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement