Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joexit-is Joe back for 2020?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

withless wrote: »
    I wonder will the special envelope with the security signature with the secret result of the controversial poll they told him not to do be opened and its society rocking mystery revealed?

Probably they will silence him and the truth will never be revealed and the whole thing never mentioned again.

Its a disgrace Joe.

With such state of the art techniques as asking people to put up their hands to indicate a response to a convoluted question and having a man sign the back of an envelope it really could be a matter of national and international importance. I mean this man says he has the shocking results already in his possession! He must have sprinted down to the bookies to put his (considerable and undeserved) money where his stats are.

To describe that meeting in the hotel as his private meeting with people is truly and totally deluded. It shows just how seriously out of touch with really the man actually is. It was a public gathering, advertised on public broadcaster radio, not his personal private invited audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Ok, only skimmed the thread over the last few days so have I got this right:

Mr. Duffy asked an audience consisting entirely of Liveline listeners (and once can assume few if any of that audience were under 60) by way of a show of hands which party they were going to vote for in the General Election.

Then, the skilled mathematicain that he is :rolleyes: counted the number of hands raised for each party, scribbled it down on the back of an envelope, and is now claiming this will be the result of the election?

giphy.gif

There is honestly so much wrong with that it's difficult to know where exactly to start. As scientifically accurate as a Lahv lahn Text Poll - except the one where Martin McGuiness was predicted to be the President of course so to speak, becvuase Mr. Duffy did not like that result. :rolleyes:

To describe that meeting in the hotel as his private meeting with people is truly and totally deluded. It shows just how seriously out of touch with really the man actually is. It was a public gathering, advertised on public broadcaster radio, not his personal private invited audience.

I assume as it was his private meeting he paid for the room hire and catering, paid the "talent" and the RTE staff, and took no fees for it himself then?

giphy.gif

I wonder will the special envelope with the security signature with the secret result of the controversial poll they told him not to do be opened and its society rocking mystery revealed?

Probably they will silence him and the truth will never be revealed and the whole thing never mentioned again.

Its a disgrace Joe.

The "Fifth Secret of Fatima" perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Mr. Duffy asked an audience consisting entirely of Liveline listeners (and once can assume few if any of that audience were under 60) by way of a show of hands which party they were going to vote for in the General Election.

Then, the skilled mathematicain that he is :rolleyes: counted the number of hands raised for each party, scribbled it down on the back of an envelope, and is now claiming this will be the result of the election?

Yes:cool:

The attendees of funny fridays will be known for their exquisite judgement and political nous.:D

giphy.gif

There is honestly so much wrong with that it's difficult to know where exactly to start. As scientifically accurate as a Lahv lahn Text Poll - except the one where Martin McGuiness was predicted to be the President of course so to speak, becvuase Mr. Duffy did not like that result. :rolleyes:

Critical point is that the results were put into an envelope which was then signed by a producer of the show - unsure what the point of this was, but then again what's the point of anything

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Critical point is that the results were put into an envelope which was then signed by a producer of the show - unsure what the point of this was, but then again what's the point of anything

Ah well then! That changes everything!

:rolleyes:

WHOY do newspapers, media outlets, and all these politicial parties enage the likes of Behaviour & Attitudes, Red C, Kantar etc. to conduct unbiased and scientifically robost qualitative and quantitative research at significant cost when they could engage "Joe Duffy Research and dat At Me Own Private Meetings So To Speak Ltd." to conduct predictive analysis polls instead? They'd get more accurate data, it would likely be cheaper, and Mr. Duffy could add a few more scheckels to the piggy bank so to speak. As Asitis would say "sure what harm, Mr. Duffy is single handedly growing the economy and it's a win, win, win". :rolleyes:

I have a better idea - cancel the election completely (think of all the money it would save); and have Mr. Duffy open his envelope and reveal who the next Gubbermint should be based on his poll. SImples.

Was it a brown or a white envelope?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

WHOY do newspapers, media outlets, and all these politicial parties enage the likes of Behaviour & Attitudes, Red C, Kantar etc. to conduct unbiased and scientifically robost qualitative and quantitative research at significant cost when they could engage "Joe Duffy Research and dat At Me Own Private Meetings So To Speak Ltd." to conduct predictive analysis polls instead? They'd get more accurate data, it would likely be cheaper, and Mr. Duffy could add a few more scheckels to the piggy bank so to speak. As Asitis would say "sure what harm, Mr. Duffy is single handedly growing the economy and it's a win, win, win". :rolleyes:

I have a better idea - cancel the election completely (think of all the money it would save); and have Mr. Duffy open his envelope and reveal who the next Gubbermint should be based on his poll. SImples.
    :D Duffy is nuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

They can't handle the truth Joe.

They can't handle the truth Joe.

Choose a or b for your response:
    a) I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT!
    b) Oh good luck!

giphy.gif

It's not far removed from saying I was talking to 2 lads in de pub last night and day said dat X is going to be Taoiseach and Y will be in Gubbermint.

Dee Forbes, WHOY do you allow this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Lets not forget that astrologer to de stars(26 counties only) Fergus Gibson once portrayed Joe in a probably prize winning version of De Mrs Brown Boys on De Telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Joe today

Leaders debate plug for RTE

USC tax
    NOX tax
    Vitiman tax sneaky.

Panic button story from yesterday.

Mobile numbers don't die with the owner.

Huntington disease. No residential care.

People suffering from cuts and changes.

The election lahne is open.

Real lives. Real people. Real world. All on Judge Joe this afternoon

Is this one of the most consistent spells of showing up for work seen in a while?

Really hope it isnt just Huntingtons misery all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Is this one of the most consistent spells of showing up for work seen in a while?

Nope, it’s Joe doing his election but for Fianna Fáil by picking topics and callers where he can get the boot in to Fine Gael.

It’s the first week of February, and he started in mid-Jan! Let’s not get carried away!

Yes:cool:

The attendees of funny fridays will be known for their exquisite judgement and political nous Good Taste.:D

FYP

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »

The election lahne is open.

Another Duffy-ism, because we need more of them. :rolleyes:

I was just talking to a friend, from Ballyfermot so to speak, not impressed with hearing about Duffy regarding the public meeting as a private one. He doesn’t even grace the place of his own birth with public appearances on occasions when it was hoped for.

Profff Duffy now diagnosing eye conditions and advising on treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Jaysus this lad is not exactly a problem solver is he?
    If he won the lotto he would give out that his bus doesn't go past the lottery head office.

mrsb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

just in, but are multi vitamins not cheap ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Get the boot right in there, Joe.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Oh here we go now more politician bashing. Duffy should realise that if the call screeners ever let through a few real dissenting voices, he would quickly find out that he is less popular than most politicians.

My mother had beginnings of Macular Degeneration, she adopted her diet to include all those particular vitamins, wise woman that she was, ate very cheaply and kept her sight and health until her death at 89.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Everyone in Blanch looks drunk walking down the street at night (disclaimer: I'm from the area so not being a snob)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement