Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joexit-is Joe back for 2020?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I commented on this on the Rugby Thread last week so to speak, surprised Tubs or Mr. Duffy didn’t comment on how wunderful, fantastic so to speak it was during the week - they’ve renamed the “Man of the Match” award in men’s international rugby no less to “Player of the Match”. One can only assume the term “man” was offensive to some woke social media fÜcktard and deemed offensive to someone who probably wouldn’t ever touch a rugby ball in their life but it had to change to accommodate the view of the perpetually offended. I suspect Eoghan McDermott and/or Jennifer Gannon were behind it, and had a joint party with non-binary gender fluid cakes (not fairy cakes obviously as that’s not very pc) to celebrate victory in their never ending crusade. The cakes weren’t baked in an oven as ovens could be seen as a representative symbol of the ovens so to speak used to incinerate Jews in WWII Germany but rather the ingredients were bound together with love and cooked so to speak with the heat from their collective wokeness.

We are doomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Eoghan McDermott and

His sister Roe maybe.
    A couple of word fascisistas in the media is bad enough but in the same family?

Is your cat on the Late Late Show tonight by any chance?

He will make an appearance when he has transitioned into a rabbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Brian, he's not the Messiah.....he's a wurled class lightning designer.....so to speak.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    His sister Roe maybe.
    A couple of word fascisistas in the media is bad enough but in the same family?

As bad as she is, he’s worse. And so is Gannon.

Her omission from my post was no accident so to speak. I hope she’s offended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,215 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

zell12 wrote: »

Really sad news, she was a great journalist and so young. RIP

pc7 wrote: »
    Really sad news, she was a great journalist and so young. RIP

She was.
    RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Just read the news now. I liked Keelin Shanley, always enjoyed her on the radio. The DriveTime show was immensely better when she was hosting.

dvcireland wrote: »
    Brian, he's not the Messiah.....he's a wurled class lightning designer.....so to speak.

Can’t find him on LinkedIn at all at all, under Brian or Bryan, lighting, illumination or any of dat.

• Advertisement

Just read the news now. I liked Keelin Shanley, always enjoyed her on the radio. The DriveTime show was immensely better when she was hosting.

Shocking. I remember she had told us some years back that she had gone through mastectomy, chemo etc for breast cancer, but she never looked remotely sick a day in her life, and had got a wig that suited her very well, having a thick mop of hair to begin with. It must have returned as so much breast cancer does after years, and have been resistant to treatment. It goes under cover in the bone marrow, hiding away from treatment. I had read that newer treatments are focussing on getting it out into the bloodstream where it can be tackled. I remember when Keelin came into the library with her two young children, very pleasant lady who looked even better in reality. She was undergoing treatment when I saw her, but I hadn’t a clue at the time, and nobody could have guessed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

zell12 wrote: »

Well we know what Duffy`s show on Monday will be featuring anyway. RIP Keelin.

It truly is an Annus Horribilus for RTÉ in terms of the loss of broadcasting figures. Starting late last year with Gaybo, Marian, Larry, now Keelin at a much younger age. For some reason she went out of my mind, and with the changes in RTÉ when it briefly crossed my mind I thought she must have changed role or be doing something else in journalism, only I had missed hearing it. RIP Keelin.

Well we know what Duffy`s show on Monday will be featuring anyway. RIP Keelin.

He will surely tell us he had visited her recently. No doubt de buke will be segued in.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,132 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I properly want an alibi for Jofus at this stage, he's like the feckin banshee.

RIP to a great broadcaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ShylockWept

Joe has tweeted

From her early days in radio Keelin shone. Open, warm , gregarious and gifted. A cruel , cruel loss. The RTE Family has been heartbroken in anticipation of this terrible loss. R.I.P. Our heartfelt and heartbroken sympathy to Keelins family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

He will surely tell us he had visited her recently. No doubt de buke will be segued in.

Last thing you want is Joe Duffy paying a visit.

dreamstime_m_21765795-300x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Last thing you want is Joe Duffy paying a visit.

dreamstime_m_21765795-300x300.jpg

Old ones will stop phoning in... in case the catch the death from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Old ones will stop phoning in... in case the catch the death from it.

Good.

Anyway, if FF get into power things are going to be so great that there will be no need for Liveline any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Keelin Shanley,

She'll be missed. Missed seeing her anyway and now we know why.

A fantastic presenter. Always spoke well and was able to keep her cool. Anything she did was about the story and not about her.

Never once did I see her come up on screen and say to myself: "Not this gob****e OR GOB****ESS again'.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Joe has tweeted

From her early days in radio Keelin shone. Open, warm , gregarious and gifted. A cruel , cruel loss. The RTE Family has been heartbroken in anticipation of this terrible loss. R.I.P. Our heartfelt and heartbroken sympathy to Keelins family.

Nobody will be able to tweet fax,text,speak,or email that about him..the ghoul

There’s no way he could visit himself is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,215 ✭✭✭✭zell12

2ef2853bd68193fc21ee88bb94d63ec7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

There’s no way he could visit himself is there?

The wonderful 'hologram' has it's uses sotospeak.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

well done joe your hatred of fg pushed voters to sf. ah well the commune may vote to boot you out

sligojoek wrote: »
    Keelin Shanley,

She'll be missed. Missed seeing her anyway and now we know why.

A fantastic presenter. Always spoke well and was able to keep her cool. Anything she did was about the story and not about her.

Never once did I see her come up on screen and say to myself: "Not this gob****e OR GOB****ESS again'.

RIP

And ain't that a very rare thing.
    She was class.

I hope that the Shinners do get into Government. See how they feel to be put in charge of solving all the problems, instead of just sitting on the opposition benches continually whining about things going wrong.

However, I have always felt that none of them would have the b@lls to make the decisions necessary to help the country, i.e. cut benefit rates, tackle vested interests and unions, cut public sector numbers or move the people to areas where they are needed, basically reducing overheads. The only palatable answer to every question that any contemporary Government has been asked is to raise the taxes on the working middle class, and this will continue for the foreseeable future.

sligojoek wrote: »

I used to say that every Friday and Saturday night until I threw the TV out the window altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I'm guessing de letter was torn up and thrown to de storm dis morning.

• Advertisement

withless wrote: »
    I'm guessing de letter was torn up and thrown to de storm dis morning.

It’ll never be mentioned again, so to soeak.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement