Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joexit-is Joe back for 2020?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He'll be like an anti-christ tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

sligojoek wrote: »

As opposed to?

https://twitter.com/maggiemoon02/status/1225816859380981761?s=20

A whole school about to be wiped out....potentially.
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 25,215 ✭✭✭✭zell12

A radio broadcaster goes to a School for the Deaf
    is it a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,467 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

What's the sign for WOW!!?

• Advertisement

zell12 wrote: »
    A radio broadcaster goes to a School for the Deaf
    is it a joke?

He's going to tell de story of de childers dat doyed through de medium of dance, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,215 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Hold up a picture of Joe and shake it

zell12 wrote: »
    Hold up a picture of Joe and shake it

The internet can't support dat weight so to speak.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I hope that the Shinners do get into Government. See how they feel to be put in charge of solving all the problems, instead of just sitting on the opposition benches continually whining about things going wrong.

However, I have always felt that none of them would have the b@lls to make the decisions necessary to help the country, i.e. cut benefit rates, tackle vested interests and unions, cut public sector numbers or move the people to areas where they are needed, basically reducing overheads. The only palatable answer to every question that any contemporary Government has been asked is to raise the taxes on the working middle class, and this will continue for the foreseeable future.

Shinners won't go in to power this time out. They're kicking themselves that they ran too few candidates. They'll bide their time in opposition and hope for a late 2020 election and hope to get 50+ seats.

Problem with that is that it gives time for their pensions policy to be put under proper scrutiny, the costs and who the 'demographics' will be who will 'take care of it'.

Their housing policy was also never fully costed, this will be properly scrutinised as well.

They should go into power if they have their voters interests at heart,b ut like most political parties it's about power, not policies.
    withless wrote: »
    I'm guessing de letter was torn up and thrown to de storm dis morning.

Which letter would this be?

• Advertisement

KevRossi wrote: »

At FunnyFryday a few weeks back known statistician and political commentator Mr. Duffy challenged the status quo of the polling industry in Ireland and put it up the likes of ISPOS MRBI, Behaviour & Attitudes, Red C etc. by conducting his own 100% scientifically accurate predictive analysis poll of a robust representative sample of the electorate....namely the FunnyFryday audience, i.e. all white* so to speak, over 65, retired, on pensions, free medical card, and mortgage free etc. Buoyed by the accuracy of de famous Lahv Lahn Text Poll :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: he asked a room of about 600 people in an open room who they intended to vote for in the election so to speak, and then added them up on a piece of paper which he put into an envelope, sealed, and for validity reasons had a producer sign it (the envelope) so to speak. Now I'm sure there were lots of sample control measures on the day to stop anyone voting twice so to speak :rolleyes: as well as ensuring the tallies were correct as I can think of no better mathematician in de wurild to count a room full of hands accurately than Mr. Duffy :pac:. He has since said FunnyFryday confidently and repeatedly told us his own poll would mirror the election results perfectly.

It will never be mentioned again.

*fact fans: I recently saw a piece of research that had the non-white, non-Irish population of Dubalin as high as 29% so to speak. True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

There is no letter and there never was no letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

withless wrote: »
    There is no letter and there never was no letter.

.....but but but whar abour transparency and accountability to de LL listeners of Funni Froyday who are waiting in anticipation of the result of the show of hands and dat.

I'm devastated to say the least. Who am I gonna call ?

At FunnyFryday a few weeks back known statistician and political commentator Mr. Duffy challenged the status quo of the polling industry in Ireland and put it up the likes of ISPOS MRBI, Behaviour & Attitudes, Red C etc. by conducting his own 100% scientifically accurate predictive analysis poll of a robust representative sample of the electorate.....

But Joe does have an excellent* track record in polls. He had the Presidential poll back in 2011, where David Norris came 2nd, Joe then spoke about how good Norris was coming second for a few minutes and then mumbled that Martin McGuinness came first and ended the show there and then.

*excellent in this case meaning shlt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Haha yeah, you got me thinking about the time that Joe had the liveilne poll for who they thought would be President a few years ago, and the shinner bots took of the text line. Martin McGuinness romped home and Duffy had to announce it on his own show. :pac: Probably helped McGuinness get a few more votes in the real election!

But Joe does have an excellent* track record in polls. He had the Presidential poll back in 2011, where David Norris came 2nd, Joe then spoke about how good Norris was coming second for a few minutes and then mumbled that Martin McGuinness came first and ended the show there and then.

*excellent in this case meaning shlt.

Wat colour is de sh_t?

Golden Brown tomorrow I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Between poor Keelin, the shinners shining and FF imploding, I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the week off.

Edit; theres a death, he'll show up .

He did emphasise that the Funnee Froyday was his own PROIVATE meeting in a hotel, demonstrating his usual delusional thinking. Nothing really to do with RTÉ who were the paymasters. His own proivate poll at his own proivate meeting. Involving an RTÉ producer. I think RTÉ should be reminded about this poll in case they missed it and de proivate nature of it all.

Maybe the Deaf school tomorrow could organise for an episode of Funneh Fryday or a regular episode of de Lahvlahn to be signed for de benefit of pupils and teachers. Pity they won’t be able to appreciate his particular “dialect” of English, as I’m not sure how it could be portrayed through ISL though I may be mistaken. Maybe Joe will try out a few signs himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

A sign of things to come/

"...talk to Gerry..."

gerryadams.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement

dvcireland wrote: »

"...talk to Gerry..."

gerryadams.jpg

Call 1850 1916 2020...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Did Joe's area vote against him.?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Did Joe's area vote against him.?

One could only hope SF got in first - he would be a seething mess tomorrow

If he's in Dublin Bay North he'll be delighted to know Denise Mitchel SF topped the poll with almost double the quota. Sean Haughey FF is in fifth as we speak, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

If he's in Dublin Bay North he'll be delighted to know Denise Mitchel SF topped the poll with almost double the quota. Sean Haughey FF is in fifth as we speak, so to speak.

That's what I thought sligojoek.

Its going to be interesting or an old one will call in with a cat stuck up a tree after it had an operation the other day. :D

Wouldn't you just love for some Celtic and Woulfe Tones fan SOTE republican Dub to get through?

He is in Dublin Bay North, he votes in St Gabriel's, saw him around there yesterday afternoon when I was in the Mace across the road getting Lucozade to quell the great thirst after the night before. Big fedora and a long greatcoat on him. He's put on a lot of weight since I last saw him. Lost a lot very quickly a year or two ago and then put it on again.

Denise Mitchell got 4 times the vote she got in 2016. Haughey lost 1,400 votes while his FF colleague gained about 300.

Haughey will probably get in, had SF run a 2nd candidate he would most likely have been ousted.

Joe won't be happy with Mary Lou being Kingmaker this time out.

He is in Dublin Bay North, he votes in St Gabriel's, saw him around there yesterday afternoon when I was in the Mace across the road getting Lucozade to quell the great thirst after the night before. Big fedora and a long greatcoat on him. He's put on a lot of weight since I last saw him. Lost a lot very quickly a year or two ago and then put it on again.

Denise Mitchell got 4 times the vote she got in 2016. Haughey lost 1,400 votes while his FF colleague gained about 300.

Haughey will probably get in, had SF run a 2nd candidate he would most likely have been ousted.

Joe won't be happy with Mary Lou being Kingmaker this time out.

Sure what else would a wurkin class man wit a wurkin class wurk ettic wear on a Sunday Saturday so to speak?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

dvcireland wrote: »

"...talk to Gerry..."

gerryadams.jpg

Off topic but what`s the story with Gerry Adams and his ageing rocker look? All he is short is an earring and a couple of tattoos.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement