Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joexit-is Joe back for 2020?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Happy New Government to everyone! (Gawd help us all, no matter what happens the next few weeks). What's Joe's take on things, do we know??

Question for yiz all..... what in the name of all that is good and holy was that promo ad for Da LL about, that was being played recently? Some old dear complaining about not being let in somewhere - "but I'm Irish, Joe, I'm entitled"

Normally it's fairly obvious what mad story the plugs are about.... but this one still has me scratching my head.......

I recently met a Protestant Irish person so to speak who was born in Dubalin and reared in Wickala so to speak but sounded so incredibly English I asked her what part of England was she from so to speak....and I'm normally very good at placing accents so to speak. I was somewhat taken aback when she divulged her Irishness and dat, which she then went on to further explain/confuse by describing herself as "Anglo Saxon". I have never in all my life heard anyone describe themselves as "Anglo Saxon". So weird. Not "Anglican", not "Anglo Irish", or any of a multitude of other descriptors. Bearing in mind my OH is a Protestant Unionist, I went to Protestant Scouts (despite being raised Catholic so to speak), went to a very mixed school (way ahead of its time in that regard so to speak), and spent time living in Belfast and the UK so to speak amongst other places and dat.

WTAF?

Jeff2 wrote: »
    That explains the whistling sounds on the show.

Your man last week "I sent them a twiiter". :pac::pac:

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    She'd been going into the place every year for the anniversary of the event and this time she was turned away because members of the Golden Circle had decided to pay some lip service to being Irish and wanted the place to themselves with non of yer actual riff-raff hoi-polloi citizenry /ordinary folk there to rub shoulders with, so to speak.

Was Mr. Duffy in attendance?

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Happy New Government to everyone! (Gawd help us all, no matter what happens the next few weeks). What's Joe's take on things, do we know??

Question for yiz all..... what in the name of all that is good and holy was that promo ad for Da LL about, that was being played recently? Some old dear complaining about not being let in somewhere - "but I'm Irish, Joe, I'm entitled"

Normally it's fairly obvious what mad story the plugs are about.... but this one still has me scratching my head.......

Welcome back Heidi. You were missed (at least by me!)> ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

As the duke of Wellington said when the English parliament stated that he was born in Dublin, so an Irishman.
    “Just because one was born in a stable, does not make him a donkey”

• Advertisement

I'm surprised we didn't get the following quote from Mr. Duffy today:

Democracy is far too important to be left to the votes of the people.

I bet we'll get it from Tubs tomorrow though.

WHOOPS! I need to correct myself on my assumptions it seems.
    FYP.

Sligojoek will be carding you shortly. He's He OR She is the Wokesperson* and Wokeness Monitor of the Thread, so to speak.

I'd card myself if I was a mod. Or Eoghan McDermott.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I recently met a Protestant Irish person so to speak who was born in Dubalin and reared in Wickala so to speak but sounded so incredibly English I asked her what part of England was she from so to speak....and I'm normally very good at placing accents so to speak. I was somewhat taken aback when she divulged her Irishness and dat, which she then went on to further explain/confuse by describing herself as "Anglo Saxon". I have never in all my life heard anyone describe themselves as "Anglo Saxon". So weird. Not "Anglican", not "Anglo Irish", or any of a multitude of other descriptors. Bearing in mind my OH is a Protestant Unionist, I went to Protestant Scouts (despite being raised Catholic so to speak), went to a very mixed school (way ahead of its time in that regard so to speak), and spent time living in Belfast and the UK so to speak amongst other places and dat.

WTAF?

We haven't (all) gone away you know. :D

Del.Monte wrote: »
    We haven't (all) gone away you know. :D

Ah is it yourself Lord Boucher-Hayes!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Was Mr. Duffy in attendance?

The consensus of the day (Well, mine anyway) was that he wasn't allowed in to flog his book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

sligojoek wrote: »
    The consensus of the day (Well, mine anyway) was that he wasn't allowed in to flog his book.

He was more disgusted than yer wan that he didn't even get an invite

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

fritzelly wrote: »
    He was more disgusted than yer wan that he didn't even get an invite

Yes.

That's it and could have flogged books at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

BPKS wrote: »
    WTF was the story with all the go raibh mile maith agats?

And the fukin accent he puts on when saying it. Trying to make it sound like it's his native language.

I’m so tired and yet wide awake. I’d give anything to sleep. I’d even go to a FunnyFryday and laugh along for the afternoon at the racist and ancient jokes......before executing all of the “comedians”. I’d sleep soundly then.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I’m so tired and yet wide awake. I’d give anything to sleep. I’d even go to a FunnyFryday and laugh along for the afternoon at the racist and ancient jokes......before executing all of the “comedians”. I’d sleep soundly then.

Yep. Have no problem sleeping on a coach,cinema,car,train,plane. This bed stuff is bollix :)

Same story here. Only slept from 5 - 8 this morning. LIke a zombie all day and full of the joys of life now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Welcome back Heidi. You were missed (at least by me!)> ;)
    Ah, thanks Petal!!! :p

But I'm not back really, that ad just had me completely annoyed trying to figure out what on earth it was all about.

Who decided that that was just the clip that would attract listeners? There's cryptic, and then there just plain "wha????""

Kind of tempted to tune in today to see if Duffy addresses the SF landslide, the BlacknTans/UpTheRa clangers in the first 24 hours, FFG squirming etc etc - but I just know as soon as I turn on, it'll be more diseases I've never heard of, and don't want to.

So I'll rely on you lot to keep me up to speed!

Hope y'all got to sleep in the end!!

Joe today.

Discussing the permutations.

Clips from yesterday.

David cullinane shouting "up the Ra". He could possibly be in charge of RTE.

Other shinners singing pro IRA songs. Perish the thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Joe today.

Clips from yesterday.

bingo! wheres my nama?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Joe today.

Clips from yesterday.

Hopefully Nicola and Marian will be on again today.......(seconds out, round 2).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Today, Joe speaks to "John" from Waterford who thinks its a bit of crack singing rebels songs.

jdelaney.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Text U for Up De Ra or D for Down de Ra Joe.

Actually if that lead to the outlawing of all singsongs/singalongs except in permitted marked off enclosures with appropriate signage I would be in favour of it.

Text Y for YYYYYYY Delila

or Text N for sit down and shurrup

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

This showed up in my Twitter feed. Fuel for the common wurkin man.

Some of the comments are good

Screenshot-20200211-132701-Twitter.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Yyyyyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,780 ✭✭✭buried

neris wrote: »
    This showed up in my Twitter feed. Fuel for the common wurkin man.

Some of the comments are good

Screenshot-20200211-132701-Twitter.jpg

If that actually gets eaten by someone they could end up making a coddlevirus flu strain

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

starts with a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 25,212 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Mattyma-thicks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

buried wrote: »
    If that actually gets eaten by someone they could end up making a coddlevirus flu strain

f*cking vile allright ....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Somewhat incongruous hearing Joe include himself in the "Mathematically Literate" nation.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

this should be good Joe using his mattymatic skills.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement