Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joexit-is Joe back for 2020?

Options

Comments

This poor woman. Absolutely bereft.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Welk, bollocks to this.
    I can see this going on until 3pm, as he's lucked into a never-ending stream of misery today, with the Flack incident opening the floodgates of Ardnacrusha for him.
    So, unless he does his usual masterful segue to something totally unrelated, I'm out.

Lough Neagh is filled with the tears of the Bann pouring down from the Mountains of Mourne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Repeat: what is the possible connection between this and the main story in the media?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This poor woman. Absolutely bereft.

Awful stuff but surely Joe or anyone in that studio should step in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

It had increased 500% since children got unfettered access to the internet. There is a series I’ve been watching called “Losing It”.

I think you might be exaggerating a teensy weensy bit there. Do you have the evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Joe is going this drag this out for a week or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I don't see why he is trying to shoehorn this story in to the whole Caroline Flack thing. Was she the former presenter of Love Island?

What story laura whitmore?

Love island is on atm, flack was the normal presenter & was replaced by whitmore because of the court case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭boardise

It’s the focking parents who are responsible for much of this. I heard on McInerney yesterday the guests all saying how you must give screens to your two year old as what else is there to entertain them with.

At least in America they have guns.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I think you might be exaggerating a teensy weensy bit there. Do you have the evidence?

It was stated by one of the psychiatric staff on one of the episodes.

• Advertisement

The way these people are going on you’d think that it was compulsory for kids to have internet devices!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I think the most proactive thing would be to picket the bullies houses. Like the shinners used to do with the drug dealers.

So you are going to enforce kindness and humanity. Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Time for a march.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Social media is anything but social especially for young people.
    It's a platform for the worst of people and by fck, there's nothing as malicious and devious than schoolkids by time and the viciousness that they can exhibit towards one another.
    The parents/guardians have to take responsibility coupled with the platforms not allowing anonymous sign-up because at the moment it is that one thing that allows most deviant vicious behaviour off them.

The Flack thing - it is very sad but I've heard today the narrative (by the media) moving the finger away from the absolute dirty scum tabloids to other platforms. Today the Daily Mail had paparazzi long range photos of the boyfriend in Australia so big chaneg there I see but if they had no buyers they'd fold tomorrow - people again keeping this stuff going.
    It appears the news the CPS was going ahead with the prosecution pushed her over the edge.

The people on now - truly horrific and brutal stories.
    My advice to parents - get your kids off that sh1t and yourselves too.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    The way these people are going on you’d think that it was compulsory for kids to have internet devices!

This is the problem, the very problem.

Bit of a hobby horse :)

So you are going to enforce kindness and humanity. Good luck with that.

More than just that to be fair, they also have the Minister For Kindness And Looking After Each Other Ryan Tubridy on the radio at 9am every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭boardise

Did McDermott just say he MIGHT NOT be going to Australia? And I thought this day couldn't get any worse....

Ah here , haven't Australians suffered enough with fires and floods?

More than just that to be fair, they also have the Minister For Kindness And Looking After Each Other Ryan Tubridy on the radio at 9am every morning.

When I was in school we had a subject called Civics, taught by Valerie Cox’s husband, Brian. It focused on various aspects and covered what being a good citizen was. The nuns and other lay teachers then reinforced it in relation to other classes, apart from religion.

Yer man in the RTE sports department used to have phone calls from seven year olds as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

digzy wrote: »
    If rte are silly enough to pay him that ....

€500k , plus whatever they are paying his missus Jenny (if she is still involved ??)

Does anyone think that telling kids that the human race is on the brink of extinction does their mental health any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

#Caroline's law on twitter. :(

This woman should not be on the radio.........shame on you Duffy!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

This woman needs to get off the radio and get counselling

Jesus.
    God love her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Makes you wonder do the Amish folks have the right idea, dig a bit out in the fields, dander out to check on the livestock, catch a bit of sun, knit an aul jumper, play some piano, not a smartphone in sight.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Jesus, Alexa turned itself off! I can’t blame her, I won’t be tuning back in. Joe if you are reading you are a ghoul.

Makes you wonder do the Amish folks have the right idea, dig a bit out in the fields, dander out to check on the livestock, catch a bit of sun, knit an aul jumper, play some piano, not a smartphone in sight.
    I love tech but I'm a gnarled old fecker not a kid trying to fit in.
    There's some truth in the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

fritzelly wrote: »
    This woman needs to get off the radio and get counselling
    She was on before I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement