Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joexit-is Joe back for 2020?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭KevRossi

You know a lot of the funny Friday stuff borders on bullying at times as well. I remember hearing one particularly crude sketch about Mary O'Rourke. Of course when Duffy does it "it's all fun".

I remember years back when someone was pulled up on a comment they made, they pointed out that the same slur had been used on FF some time previously. Duffy then said 'the people who do FF are professionals and know how to handle a joke like that'.

Gobshyte.

Christ, but the FF writers (won't call them comedians) are creaming it in off FF, it must be a substantial part of their annual income.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    No there isn't personal abuse directed at darcy. What there is criticism of the in mine and many others opinion his un professional job he does presenting his show. He seems incapable or unwillingly to learn how to work the equipment. He is disrespectful of nuact and routinely lets it slip past it's 4pm slot for no good reason. That's my issue with ray darcy and it's not a personal issue because I've never met ray darcy.

I was using that as an example. there's a difference between the humour on this thread re joe and the callers as opposed to the never ending moaning on about his show.....nobody is forced to listen to his rubbish

q....'i pay his wages' ....'It's on at work, cant change ststion'.....

if a presenter annoyed me that much to push me to chat forums .......:rolleyes:

digzy wrote: »
    I was using that as an example. there's a difference between the humour on this thread re joe and the callers as opposed to the never ending moaning on about his show.....nobody is forced to listen to his rubbish

q....'i pay his wages' ....'It's on at work, cant change ststion'.....

if a presenter annoyed me that much to push me to chat forums .......:rolleyes:

We endure it for the Golden moments :D
    It’s a bit like the aul box of Christmas chocolates you dig into mindlessly with your hand as you watch a film, hoping for the prized praline or hazelnut whirl, but most of what arrives into your mouth is sickly fondant or coffee creams.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I was driving back from Cork this afternoon but on the phone a lot so to speak so didn’t catch much of the show and dat. I did catch Captain Wokeness himself though, and then “Kat-trinne Tomas” in for D’Arcy again - he’s rivaling Mr. Duffy for de auld breakeens.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Actually had a bit of work to do today so missed the show, probably for the best!

Was there any tension or snarkiness between joe and woke or did they get on well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

We endure it for the Golden moments :D
    It’s a bit like the aul box of Christmas chocolates you dig into mindlessly with your hand as you watch a film, hoping for the prized praline or hazelnut whirl, but most of what arrives into your mouth is sickly fondant or coffee creams.

Was referring to darcys forum not Joe’s!!

I was driving back from Cork this afternoon but on the phone a lot so to speak so didn’t catch much of the show and dat. I did catch Captain Wokeness himself though, and then “Kat-trinne Tomas” in for D’Arcy again - he’s rivaling Mr. Duffy for de auld breakeens.

Did ya enjoy de hot tub thingy in de Kingsley, overlooking de Lee and old asylum. One of my favourite experiences with de rain pouring down. Adore dat view. Spent a Christmas der. Also attended a family event in UCC, got a private viewing of de treasury of items belonging to de Honan Chapel, designed by my mudder’s uncle William Alphonsus Scott. My cat’s “grandmother” was a Proffff of de French and de Eye-tal-Yan der so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ShylockWept

So, what did I miss today? I only caught a few minutes, and of course, it sounded insightful. But did I miss anything?

So, what did I miss today? I only caught a few minutes, and of course, it sounded insightful. But did I miss anything?

Nope. I was waiting to hear insightful and enlightening comments about citizen applications but I got an hour of suicides and the most distressed and upset mothers of girls who had taken their own lives, God bless them. An empathetic and sympathetic host would have spared them their anguish.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Actually had a bit of work to do today so missed the show, probably for the best!

Was there any tension or snarkiness between joe and woke or did they get on well?

Possibly a bit-een at the time when Mr. Duffy asked “do you do be do be moving to Australia?”. When Woke said no Mr. Duffy went into full fellatio mode and proceeded to blow more smoke up Woke’s h0le than came from all de bush foyres in Oz so to speak. It was all wunderful fantastic totes amazeballs and you’ll have a job for life here in RTÉ so ya will even on dis station so to speak.

#woketastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

RIP Andrew Weatherall. Joe should have on all de heads dat were melted back in TBMC in the 90's Joe.

withless wrote: »
    RIP Andrew Weatherall. Joe should have on all de heads dat were melted back in TBMC in the 90's Joe.

Well Fück that’s ruined my night.
    Saw him DJ many a time, and up close and in person at a house party in Clapham in the summer of 2004 when I was working and living in Engerland so to speak. Will break out some vinyl for the rest of the night.
    RIP. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,780 ✭✭✭buried

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Jaysus, you know you're getting old when you've never heard of these people who are popping their clogs. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,780 ✭✭✭buried

Poor auld Andy was only 56. A childer whippersnapper for Joe so he should get a look in somewhere tomorrow. Although, the man was a true modern cultural legend so he probably won't

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

buried wrote: »
    Poor auld Andy was only 56. A childer whippersnapper for Joe so he should get a look in somewhere tomorrow. Although, the man was a true modern cultural legend so he probably won't

Joe will probably play a Corrs record as a tribute.

Did ya enjoy de hot tub thingy in de Kingsley, overlooking de Lee and old asylum. One of my favourite experiences with de rain pouring down. Adore dat view. Spent a Christmas der. Also attended a family event in UCC, got a private viewing of de treasury of items belonging to de Honan Chapel, designed by my mudder’s uncle William Alphonsus Scott. My cat’s “grandmother” was a Proffff of de French and de Eye-tal-Yan der so to speak.

I was up and down in the wan day so to speak - no Kingsley and dat. I had to attend a meeting in Cork at 7:30am on a Monday. I was not going down last night so it was a very early start for me and I’d blame that for the fact I’m wide awake now except I sleep like Dracula - without the daytime sleeping so to sleep (apologies, I couldn’t resist).

I was up and down in the wan day so to speak - no Kingsley and dat. I had to attend a meeting in Cork at 7:30am on a Monday. I was not going down last night so it was a very early start for me and I’d blame that for the fact I’m wide awake now except I sleep like Dracula - without the daytime sleeping so to sleep (apologies, I couldn’t resist).

I tink I do be knowing what part of Cark you might do be going to an dat, and no de Kkngskey an dat is not convenient ;)

I tink I do be knowing what part of Cark you might do be going to an dat, and no de Kkngskey an dat is not convenient ;)

It’s flattering so it is to have a stalker. You are the Leo to my Kylie so to speak...

Has Sligojoe’s dental dilemma been solved?

I was at de dentist did morning, getting teeth cleaned and a filling replaced in a cracked tooth an dat. De older I get de harder I become to numb, so to speak. Before Christmas, when getting de extraction it took 5 cartridges of injection to numb me, over a period of one hour. This morning for de filling it took 3 cartridges and 50 minutes to get me numb enough for de filling. A disgrace, can’t afford dis time outta my previous life!

Should I complain to de Lahvlahn about de time it’s taking de dentist to numb me deze daze?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

1850 715815

have you tried a versatis patch ?

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Jaysus, you know you're getting old when you've never heard of these people who are popping their clogs. :D
    Age has nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I was at de dentist did morning, getting teeth cleaned and a filling replaced in a cracked tooth an dat. De older I get de harder I become to numb, so to speak. Before Christmas, when getting de extraction it took 5 cartridges of injection to numb me, over a period of one hour. This morning for de filling it took 3 cartridges and 50 minutes to get me numb enough for de filling. A disgrace, can’t afford dis time outta my previous life!

Should I complain to de Lahvlahn about de time it’s taking de dentist to numb me deze daze?

This will sort it Cat.!

Did yous did die so to speak? Are you available to take a call from beyond the grave so to speak?

Dat would be the second phone call from beyond de grave to be featured on de show.

This past Saturday I shaved using a brand new cartridge in my Gillette razor. I pretty much always cut myself no matter how much I prep and open the pores so to speak but this particular time I attempted to cut a hole the size of a 2 euro coin into my cheek. The bleeding was not unlike that which poured into the hallway so to speak from the original trailer from "The Shining" and dat (see below from approx 00:51seconds in) and I have the marks of each of the 5 Gillette blades on my cheek as we speak so to speak. Had to douse it in Listernine so to speak (De pain! De paiiiiiiiin!) to stop de bleeding and even today, 4 days later so to speak, I'm afraid if I yawn or open my mouth too wide I'll start de bbeeling again. I may even be scarred for life. Is there anyone I can call to have Gillette shut down by 3pm?

I looked something like this so to speak, except worser so to speak*:
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQOG7pwb8aJHtedWtAaaK-yMErjo8rUuDLub_3XXBqwtl8p3k_t

Ther Shining so to speak:

*as an aside, it's not often I recommend movies on this thread, but if you haven't ever watched the film adaptation of American Psycho, do yourself a favour and watch it. It's even on Netflix now. Now, I must bid you adieu for a while as I have to return some video tapes.

REMARKABLE scenes in court so to speak where fambilies of men sentenced to jail for rape shouted obscentities at de victim, including obscenities from de wimin. A survivor of rape will be talking to Joe at 13:45 so to speak. Adding insult to injury so to speak.

Interesting topic arose yesterday so to speak where peeple who weren't born here have to pony up so to speak to become Irishified. It's more expensive in the Yew Kay but don't let facts get in the way of outrage!

Language trials - we could do with introducing them into RTÉ for certain presenters so to speak!

Dennis DeYoung's Desrt Moon - a staple on the auld MT USA with Vincent Hanley. And me only a nipper when it was out. It's no Mr. Roboto sez I.

This will sort it Cat.!

Ooooh lovely!

This past Saturday I shaved using a brand new cartridge in my Gillette razor. I pretty much always cut myself no matter how much I prep and open the pores so to speak but this particular time I attempted to cut a hole the size of a 2 euro coin into my cheek. The bleeding was not unlike that which poured into the hallway so to speak from the original trailer from "The Shining" and dat (see below from approx 00:51seconds in) and I have the marks of each of the 5 Gillette blades on my cheek as we speak so to speak. Had to douse it in Listernine so to speak (De pain! De paiiiiiiiin!) to stop de bleeding and even today, 4 days later so to speak, I'm afraid if I yawn or open my mouth too wide I'll start de bbeeling again. I may even be scarred for life. Is there anyone I can call to have Gillette shut down by 3pm?

I looked something like this so to speak, except worser so to speak*:
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQOG7pwb8aJHtedWtAaaK-yMErjo8rUuDLub_3XXBqwtl8p3k_t

Ther Shining so to speak:

*as an aside, it's not often I recommend movies on this thread, but if you haven't ever watched the film adaptation of American Psycho, do yourself a favour and watch it. It's even on Netflix now. Now, I must bid you adieu for a while as I have to return some video tapes.

You look like dat all de time so to speak :D
    Da fookin spit of ya.

• Advertisement

My dentist has a close relative who is a doctor in an overseas hospital with suspected Coronavirus so to speak. He is directly in charge of de cases, and was horrified to find that food was served to those in isolation, then the person went in delivering food to the other patients straight after. They are awaiting to see if the entire hospital doesn’t go down with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement