Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joexit-is Joe back for 2020?

Options

Comments

BPKS wrote: »
    I don't know but its another reason I'm proud to be from Kerry

Jaysus my late mother would have loved ye, she was a fanatical lover of all Kerry people.The love of her life (not me faaaaader) had an alcoholic faaaaader from Kerry by de name of O’Sullivan who perished from it, think that’s why.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Thought he said 8 years at the start

Peader talking through his trousers.
    In Germany it is possible to have an Irish and German Passport

• Registered Users Posts: 39,554 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Aren't we a great wee country - our passport will get us anywhere in de world! Somehow or other I don't think it'd cut much mustard in quite a few places.

Hah. There were thousands of Irish passports applied for by overseas chancers under the grandad rule when the Gulf Wars kicked off, just so they didn't have to show their US or UK passports.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Fiche Blian ag fás for an Irish passport - you can use that line if you want joe 😉

dvcireland wrote: »
    sprechen to Josef

There’s one on French Réunion Island in the Indian Ocean. I was on a public bus where de radio was on and heard a Liveline sort of show where the host kept restating the word “Mort” with the guest crying with gusto each time it was mentioned.

• Advertisement

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Who de feck would want to trek to Killarney for something that could be done locally in front of a JoP?
    Utter shiyte, so it is.

Cause Killaaaaarrrney is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

This show would not be getting a passport in to the Radio Hall of Fame I'll tell you that for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I wonder is Mr. Duffy's problem with Kerry/Killarney that he was once presented with a bill there so to speak? Unaccustomed as he would be to paying for things so to speak on account of his 'celebrity' status......

I wonder is Mr. Duffy's problem with Kerry/Killarney that he was once presented with a bill there so to speak? Unaccustomed as he would be to paying for things so to speak on account of his 'celebrity' status......

Funny Froyday took place in the Brandon Hotel, Tralee once (or more). That’s a now a much quieter hotel than it once was, and seems more desperate for business. I got a double room with breakfast for single use in the height of summer 2018 for €65 per night. Killarney would be an obvious showbizzy place, it would be a natural home to FF, but I guess he must have been billed by the Gleneagle (most likely venue for FF) for drinks when he flew down to attend one of his pals’ gigs.

Funny Froyday took place in the Brandon Hotel, Tralee once (or more). That’s a now a much quieter hotel than it once was, and seems more desperate for business. I got a double room with breakfast for single use in the height of summer 2018 for €65 per night. Killarney would be an obvious showbizzy place, it would be a natural home to FF, but I guess he must have been billed by the Gleneagle (most likely venue for FF) for drinks when he flew down to attend one of his pals’ gigs.

Whilst I was away that time a poor guy hanged himself off the LUAS gate onto my estate. :(:(
    I saw flowers and a note pinned up as I arrived back wheeling my little case back home. If I had arrived same time day before I would have come across him :(:(

• Advertisement

I was sent some video materials via De Whatts App last night of an underage boxing tournament in the Yew Kay this past weekend so to speak...the incident is referred to here:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18239469.mass-brawl-england-boxing-national-youth-championships/

with the following lines being of particular interest.

Chairs were thrown and intruders fighting with a spade, axes, knives and hammers caused chaos at England Boxing National Youth Championships.

People fled the Sports Connexion Arena in Coventry in terror at around 3.20pm on Saturday after what is thought to be a feud between rival travelling families boiled over.

I do be do be do be wondering if there were any Irish peeple at dis event so to speak? De videos I did see contained axes, hammers, spade and udder weapons. Der were a number of vehickles also damaged quite badly in de videos.

I was sent some video materials via De Whatts App last night of an underage boxing tournament in the Yew Kay this past weekend so to speak...the incident is referred to here:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18239469.mass-brawl-england-boxing-national-youth-championships/

Chairs were thrown and intruders fighting with a spade, axes, knives and hammers caused chaos at England Boxing National Youth Championships.

People fled the Sports Connexion Arena in Coventry in terror at around 3.20pm on Saturday after what is thought to be a feud between rival travelling families boiled over.

I do be do be do be wondering if there were any Irish peeple at dis event so to speak? De videos I did see contained axes, hammers, spade and udder weapons. Der were a number of vehickles also damaged quite badly in de videos.

Part of de culture so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Who de feck would want to trek to Killarney for something that could be done locally in front of a JoP?
    Utter shiyte, so it is.

Did you miss the bit where jos the explorer moved it to the convention centre in Kilkenny :D

Part of de culture so to speak.

YOU CAN'T SAY DAT!!!! Esp. as a mod!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Whoooooy???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

BPKS wrote: »
    The Thief of Clontarf

The tax dodger of dollymount

YOU CAN'T SAY DAT!!!! Esp. as a mod!

De culture of “de fighter type” so to speak.

neris wrote: »
    The tax dodger of dollymount

I like it!
    De (tax) Dodger of Dollyer

I was quite entertained by the carry on,Believe it or not. Nobody brings disrespect to the travellers like a traveller. They're better at that than they are at roofing or tarmacing,....although it's not as profitable :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I didn't listen today and just flicking back through the thread now.

Dental situation all now good, Cat.

On Killarney, I see in De Paper (Examiner) that the Killarney venue owners are trying to block planning for an event centre in cork.

I wonder had it anything to do with that.

• Advertisement

Lads (and Lassies!) I'm happy to admit that I am English. I came here as a career move in 2000. I had interactions with Aer Rianta in the 90s and those interactions were entirely positive. As I have done throughout my career (such as it is!) I (think that) lived and learned from the people and issues I have encountered.

I have been here 20 years, I'm married an astonishingly wonderful Irish woman, and I have done OK. I'm not responsible, again reasonably and honestly, for what was done, outrageously, to the Irish by the British. I am, in fact, ashamed. People who know me as a person, know that.

At the end of the day, as far as I am concerned, it doesn't matter what their background, heritage, upbringing, history is - it matters what sort of person they are.

Thanks - I feel better now having got that off my chest!

Lads (and Lassies!) I'm happy to admit that I am English. I came here as a career move in 2000. I had interactions with Aer Rianta in the 90s and those interactions were entirely positive. As I have done throughout my career (such as it is!) I (think that) lived and learned from the people and issues I have encountered.

I have been here 20 years, I'm married an astonishingly wonderful Irish woman, and I have done OK. I'm not responsible, again reasonably and honestly, for what was done, outrageously, to the Irish by the British. I am, in fact, ashamed. People who know me as a person, know that.

At the end of the day, as far as I am concerned, it doesn't matter what their background, heritage, upbringing, history is - it matters what sort of person they are.

I'm glad you think that little spheel exonerates you .:D

When are you off then :pac::pac:

I'm glad you think that little spheel exonerates you .:D

When are you off then :pac::pac:

Thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ShylockWept

What happened today? Did Joe touch - and no doubt deftly manage - some sensitivities?

Welcome Robert so to speak - and I say dat despite the fact you came over here and stole our jobs and our wimmin. :pac:

Now de important question - can you describe de feeling having had dat burden lifted so to speak? And did ya get a passport?

Thanks for that

You do realise he was joking, right?

What happened today? Did Joe touch - and no doubt deftly manage - some sensitivities?

Someone is touched alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

Yes, Joe touched himself sensitively at times today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

To counterbalance your confession.

Lads (and Lassies) I'm happy to admit that I'm British. My family came here as a career move in 1649. Initially there was a slight chilliness even hostility towards us but with the passing centuries things have improved. I too married an astonishingly wonderful Irish woman but alas all good things must come to an end and we're now amicably separated. How she put up with me for ten years is anybody's guess.

I do agree with your last paragraph and I take people as I find them and treat them as I would like to be treated. That is apart from Shinners, DUP types and people wanting to tarmac my driveway, fix my gutters or repair my roof...... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

My family came here as a career move in 1649.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement