Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joexit-is Joe back for 2020?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Welcome Robert so to speak - and I say dat despite the fact you came over here and stole our jobs and our wimmin. :pac:

Now de important question - can you describe de feeling having had dat burden lifted so to speak? And did ya get a passport?

More Importantly what colour was the passport ?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

PieOhMy wrote: »
    More Importantly what colour was the passport ?

Which one?

Lads (and Lassies!) I'm happy to admit that I am English. I came here as a career move in 2000. I had interactions with Aer Rianta in the 90s and those interactions were entirely positive. As I have done throughout my career (such as it is!) I (think that) lived and learned from the people and issues I have encountered.

I have been here 20 years, I'm married an astonishingly wonderful Irish woman, and I have done OK. I'm not responsible, again reasonably and honestly, for what was done, outrageously, to the Irish by the British. I am, in fact, ashamed. People who know me as a person, know that.

At the end of the day, as far as I am concerned, it doesn't matter what their background, heritage, upbringing, history is - it matters what sort of person they are.

Thanks - I feel better now having got that off my chest!

When I was a kid I wanted to be ANYTHING but Oirish, wanted to stand apart rather than be a part of the crowd, so to speak. At age 3 I would make up a “forden” language and start speaking it at strangers on the bus, in shops etc, with my mother remaining silent and observing the response of other adults for her own amusement. When I got a bit older I knew I couldn’t get away with the made-up language thing, so for about a year in my life I adopted an English accent, as to be it was at least a tad more exotic than identifying as an Irish person. Watching the film, “Oliver”, fave me the idea, so I spoke like a Cockney fishwife. I also had cousins in Bray who had been brought up in India, Pakistan & London and were yet to acquire any form of Irish accent. They used English expressions, which I added to my vocabulary, but they spoke way more posh lay than I did :D

When I was a kid I wanted to be ANYTHING but Oirish, wanted to stand apart rather than be a part of the crowd, so to speak. At age 3 I would make up a “forden” language and start speaking it at strangers on the bus, in shops etc, with my mother remaining silent and observing the response of other adults for her own amusement. When I got a bit older I knew I couldn’t get away with the made-up language thing, so for about a year in my life I adopted an English accent, as to be it was at least a tad more exotic than identifying as an Irish person. Watching the film, “Oliver”, fave me the idea, so I spoke like a Cockney fishwife. I also had cousins in Bray who had been brought up in India, Pakistan & London and were yet to acquire any form of Irish accent. They used English expressions, which I added to my vocabulary, but they spoke way more posh lay than I did :D

I suspect cards aplenty today, Cat's been on the sherry again!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Cat,theres a buke in your life story dontchano. 1850 715 815 and ask for the chief telephone operator, tell him you're looking for a buke publisher ,he'll give you a fordign number to call. BTW hows your German ?

• Advertisement

Believe it or not...OVERLOAD in the promo.

Hi Joe ;)

Dan Jaman is a Brit too, I think. Welsh Megaman, who looks at this thread and active on other Irish media threads, is Welsh. Lots of Brits around, with varying amounts of Celtic, Anglo-Saxon, Norman, Viking, and other ingredients... just like de Oirish. My DNA now is showing a good bit of that shared with Scottish people. Somebody should start a thread for Brits (people born in Britain with at least one parent truly British for generations), but can you imagine how the mods would be up to their eyes dealing with trolls there!!

Cat,on a serious note,I'll be missing for most of the show today so just in case it slips my mind later,Good luck Tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

a RTE early morning presenter suggested that "Dancing with the Stars", should be re-branded:

"Walking & Shuffling with Father Ray Kelly".

in the case of the Celebrity Padre...so to speak.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Dan Jaman is a Brit too, I think. Welsh Megaman, who looks at this thread and active on other Irish media threads, is Welsh. Lots of Brits around, with varying amounts of Celtic, Anglo-Saxon, Norman, Viking, and other ingredients... just like de Oirish. My DNA now is showing a good bit of that shared with Scottish people. Somebody should start a thread for Brits (people born in Britain with at least one parent truly British for generations), but can you imagine how the mods would be up to their eyes dealing with trolls there!!

When I was a randy teenager I used to watch 'Nighthawks' so to speak, partly as I had a horn for AnneMarie Hourihane so to speak, who reminded me of an Irish Emmauelle Beart (pics of both below so to speak). Anyway, they had this sketchj one time which I found rather amusing at the time so to speak and has stayed with me since. It was entitled something along the lines of "British people who are forced to live in Eire" and the 'star' of the sketch was a stereotypical now (but a much rarer specimen back then) 'yummy mummy' so to speak, but one with a very posh English accent and dat.

I could relate to her plight, as when we moved from Dubalin to Gaillimh I was asked was I forden so to speak as my voyis was very posh-sounding to the Tribesmen so to speak apparently.

Anyhoo, tottypics (I hope Woke McDermott and Jennifer Gannon have heart attacks at my use of such a derogatory term):

Anne Marie:
    082_ad56c95da8b1e424a9b9e26214a3c45a29a1d5f1.jpg

Emmanuelle:
    30741246_1300x1733.jpg

Since the first time I saw her, I've always believed Emmanuelle Beart to be the most naturally beautiful woman in the world. She's not done herself any favours in recent years with the amount of plastic surgery she's had but in her day......wow.

• Advertisement

dvcireland wrote: »
    a RTE early morning presenter suggested that "Dancing with the Stars", should be re-branded:

"Walking & Shuffling with Father Ray Kelly".

in the case of the Celebrity Padre...so to speak.

Dancing with the STAFF is much better and more accurate.

Believe it or not...OVERLOAD in the promo.

Hi Joe ;)

I believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Tv licence ad Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

At first reading I read that as age 31...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Vanity is not a sin anymore Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Sewersoide again...........?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Father Pharisee. Deserves all he gets. Go back to your ministry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

John the Baptist didn’t win then I take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Ah for heavens sake this is nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

F'ing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,175 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Effin effin effin
    from a priest LOIVE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I hear some of his parishioners are not happy with his distractions....

The 'F' word? The one worse than feic?

When they hear you on this, they’ll defo back off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,780 ✭✭✭buried

Threatening Letters and phonecalls? Nope this won't do for Joe unless this abuse was on social meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegia

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

First priest that ever pulled out.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I'm totally lost - what the **** is this about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

joe bored to tears with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,175 ✭✭✭✭zell12

The 'F' word? The one worse than feic?
    Yep Fianna Fail

• Advertisement

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I'm totally lost - what the **** is this about?

Looking for sympathy votes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement