Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joexit-is Joe back for 2020?

Options

Comments

fritzelly wrote: »
    Were talking about the cat right?

Well when I answered the call from the south Dublin hospital it went exactly like this....

“Hello, I’m the orthopaedic nurse phoning you in relation to the amputation tomorrow, are we all set?”

“Indeed” sez I

“Well then I am advising no food after 8pm this evening, can continue to take water under 7am. Be here before 10am when you can sign the consent form. A further X-ray will be taken before commencement of the surgery, which will take a couple of hours. There will be at least one overnight stay, and I will initiate the rehabilitation when the anaesthetic has fully worn off. There will be a drip given during and after surgery, antibiotics & painkillers.”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

2smiggy wrote: »
    CW8j-ZEWQAAG0Ft.jpg

Flawless Chalice work apparently ..

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

To dose of you wandering and wundering where Fungus duz be so to speak, I saw de poster for de wunderful, fantastic so to speak bestest show ever dat duz be De Christie Hennessey Tribute Memorial Extravaganza Show - but dis time it’s “back by popular demand” no less (i.e. Fungus demanded it came back).

Woodn’t it be great if our employers gave us all a few months off every year (I tink dis is de fourth year in a row so to speak) to engage in our own vanity projects and still have the security of a full time wurker so to speak but also have Mr. Duffy promote yer shows as well? You couldn’t make this up.

Well when I answered the call from the south Dublin hospital it went exactly like this....

“Hello, I’m the orthopaedic nurse phoning you in relation to the amputation tomorrow, are we all set?”

“Indeed” sez I

“Well then I am advising no food after 8pm this evening, can continue to take water under 7am. Be here before 10am when you can sign the consent form. A further X-ray will be taken before commencement of the surgery, which will take a couple of hours. There will be at least one overnight stay, and I will initiate the rehabilitation when the anaesthetic has fully worn off. There will be a drip given during and after surgery, antibiotics & painkillers.”

I thought you were going to say at the end "Do you mean me or the cat?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

is there any other station/country/planet wud have a topic on an abuse victim who walloped a week old corpse and then de host asks where did you hit him???

the mind boggles..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

To dose of you wandering and wundering where Fungus duz be so to speak, I saw de poster for de wunderful, fantastic so to speak bestest show ever dat duz be De Christie Hennessey Tribute Memorial Extravaganza Show - but dis time it’s “back by popular demand” no less (i.e. Fungus demanded it came back).

Woodn’t it be great if our employers gave us all a few months off every year (I tink dis is de fourth year in a row so to speak) to engage in our own vanity projects and still have the security of a full time wurker so to speak but also have Mr. Duffy promote yer shows as well? You couldn’t make this up.

I thought that we'd heard the last of his whingy whiney voice when he left us. Fungus is intent on punishing us even more. Absolutely hated his singing.

is there any other station/country/planet wud have a topic on an abuse victim who walloped a week old corpse and then de host asks where did you hit him???

the mind boggles..

The more the picture of the rotten corpse whacking comes into my mind, the more hysterically I start laughing. Have had a head or two turn to look at me. It’s like when de Dalek voiced man came on. All we need is the pair of them on at the same time to choke us to death on our own wicked chortling: he talking about how he failed to give up his aul smoking so he had to give up his auld voice; and she telling us the way her faaadder/uncle fiddled her as a kiddie and how she In consequence punched the sh:t: out of his long demised corpse. June Rogers and Doc Savage could concoct a Funny Froyday offering inspired by it all.

jelutong wrote: »
    Dance,then,wherever you may be,
    I am the lord of the dance said he.

I’m doing de dance of de lord said he.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

He’s only trotting after Fr. Cornelius Horan, the one true dancing priest.

jelutong wrote: »
    He’s only trotting after Fr. Cornelius Horan, the one true dancing priest.

https://youtu.be/Me8_43AJUbU

De two faaadders should do a dance together on DWTS, trumping Brian Dowling’s “groundbreaking” first ever televised “dancing with de men” so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ShylockWept

It would be useful, in this thread, if a synopsis of the show was provided. For those of us who work during day, very difficult to follow and listen.

Could I suggest somebody provides synopsis? It would greatly improve thread flow, coherence, organisation, and traffic.

Thank you
    Shylock

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It would be useful, in this thread, if a synopsis of the show was provided. For those of us who work during day, very difficult to follow and listen.

Could I suggest somebody provides synopsis? It would greatly improve thread flow, coherence, organisation, and traffic.

Thank you
    Shylock

Pick any 3 and you're covered for the day (if you're feeling lavish pick 5)

Death
    Suicide
    Illness
    Disability
    Self entitlement

fritzelly wrote: »
    Pick any 3 and you're covered for the day (if you're feeling lavish pick 5)

Death
    Suicide
    Illness
    Disability
    Self entitlement

Ok, thanks. But we know it is a little more than that. He covers pressing social, political, and socio-economic issues, and identifies the moral, psuchological, and sociologuical dimensions of such issues

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Truly unbelievable stuff today. He really managed to mine some major death at the end as well, the absolute ghoul. Browsing the 'beautiful' death notices while the caller was trying to make a point about the priest before Joe got the claws in to find an infant death, then straight into an ad for Funny Friday.

Truly unbelievable stuff today. He really managed to mine some major death at the end as well, the absolute ghoul. Browsing the 'beautiful' death notices while the caller was trying to make a point about the priest before Joe got the claws in to find an infant death, then straight into an ad for Funny Friday.

Ok I will listen and give my objective assessment. As soon as I can, okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

Ok, thanks. But we know it is a little more than that. He covers pressing social, political, and socio-economic issues, and identifies the moral, psuchological, and sociologuical dimensions of such issues

Well said U.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

OLeary-pen-2-752x501.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I'll put my life on hold while you do your assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Catmaniac I hope all goes well for your pet tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,549 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

He is an absolute master of the seamless segue; like a 737MAX careering into a mountainside. Boeing could learn a thing or two from him.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

I listened, and Ill be fourthright in saying that it was not one of the better shows that I have listened to. It disenfranchises me to say that I think, perhaps, Joe was a little distracted. But honestly I would blame production and callers.

I'd like to clear up a misconception about Joe's distractedness. I understand how people might believe that he is distracted, but I do believe it is because he operates at a much deeper level than lay people. As mentioned in earlier post, he is weaving together the moral, psychological, and sociological dimensions of social problems discussed on his radio show.

I believe he is a polemic, and despite a bad show once in a million, he will go down as the greatest radio broadcaster of all time, globally, and across history, past present and future. And I mean that sincerely

That is my honest assessment, like it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The more the picture of the rotten corpse whacking comes into my mind, the more hysterically I start laughing. Have had a head or two turn to look at me. It’s like when de Dalek voiced man came on. All we need is the pair of them on at the same time to choke us to death on our own wicked chortling: he talking about how he failed to give up his aul smoking so he had to give up his auld voice; and she telling us the way her faaadder/uncle fiddled her as a kiddie and how she In consequence punched the sh:t: out of his long demised corpse. Kind Rogers and Doc Savage could concoct a Funny Froyday offering inspired by it all.

Doc Savage to get Kevin McAleer on as Kevin from today. He'd do it great I think.

The only thing pressing in Duffy world is the belt on his britches.

You dont have one.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I listened back and a gas show altogether.

Many deaths pulled form a small pool of callers that weren't calling about death.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058055603/2/#post112591647

Wonder was there any publishers involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

the mind boggles..

:D:D !!
    When I read that back !!!! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Is Joe Ireland's answer to Howard Stern (from de Nointies)?

The old passim of people who love Howard listen this much; peeple wat hay Mr Sterns do be lisenenen diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much Joe? holds true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

withless wrote: »
    Is Joe Ireland's answer to Howard Stern (from de Nointies)?

The old passim of people who love Howard listen this much; peeple wat hay Mr Sterns do be lisenenen diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much Joe? holds true.

I would have thought more James Whale than Howard Stern.

• Advertisement

De cat has been left into de hospital. Had to sign consent forms and have a consultation talk with de vet, way more extensive than when I had my knee surgery. The surgeon says that whilst she has done very many orthopaedic cases, this is groundbreaking surgery, as radical as it gets. The leg and half pelvis ate going for studies. May someone can find a use for a no-linger-needed cancerous cat leg, as per de book “100 things to do with a dead cat”. He will come home tomorrow with a Fentanyl patch (Drug dat killed Prince) , which legally must be returned to vet in a plastic bag if it falls off as it’s a strictly controlled drug And I’m not to try putting it in myself, loike. I did ask would a Versatis patch do, no it wouldn’t. He will later be on Lyrica, and then graduate back to just Loxicam.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement