Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joexit-is Joe back for 2020?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,123 ✭✭✭✭zell12

That de Book of Death?
    eewT0dp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Joe perusing his ledgers. Judging by dis photograph...not a happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Joe perusing his ledgers. Judging by dis photograph...not a happy camper.

Hes just looking at the pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 82,616 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Just north of €9k a week profit so to speak.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Just north of €9k a week profit so to speak.

€55 an hour. 24hrs a day
    365 days a year

• Advertisement
    M

Gods Gift wrote: »
    €55 an hour. 24hrs a day
    365 days a year

And as a contractor he could be sacked by RTE in the morning, such a hard career choice he has taken, up there with the dockers in Dublin circa 1956 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,488 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

And as a contractor he could be sacked by RTE in the morning, such a hard career choice he has taken, up there with the dockers in Dublin circa 1956 :pac:

Apart from the Leeds lad I cannot remember too many folk “sacked” by RTE no matter what status they had out there.

How many do you know?

M

Apart from the Leeds lad I cannot remember too many folk “sacked” by RTE no matter what status they had out there.

How many do you know?

None but he always plays this card when being interviewed about his 'contractor' status :D...

The reason RTE have given me a contract like this is that they want to be able to get rid of me tomorrow if needs be, if they decide I’m not flavour of the month.
    https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/4658586/rte-joe-duffy-offered-money-leave-liveline/

“They want to be able to say good luck this evening if that’s what they decide. But that’s my job.
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/joe-duffy-claims-trinity-college-10524792

"That's the way RTE wants it. They want to be able to say 'good luck' this evening if that's what they decide," he said.
    https://www.herald.ie/news/gay-hit-by-a-bus-with-his-cancer-diagnosis-says-old-friend-joe-35769018.html

Maybe I’ve always picked this up wrong, but I thought a “contractor” had either a time based (eg one year, renewable) contract or an output based (when you’ve delivered this project) one. So is it actually easy to say to a contractor, “thanks, we’re all done with you, hasta la vista baby”?

Thinking football managers, they get millions if their contract is terminated early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Yes he plays the contractor card when he suits him, then was moaning when he didn’t get sick pay.....failing completely of course to understand what being a contractor actually means.

Maybe I’ve always picked this up wrong, but I thought a “contractor” had either a time based (eg one year, renewable) contract or an output based (when you’ve delivered this project) one. So is it actually easy to say to a contractor, “thanks, we’re all done with you, hasta la vista baby”?

Thinking football managers, they get millions if their contract is terminated early

Yes, but in RTÉ contracts seem to be perpetual and increasing in value.

Any word on the ‘deal’ Ballsy got, Butthers.

Maybe I’m having a brain fart moment, but who Is Ballsy so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Value ! ?;). Surely you spelt costs incorrectly ?:)

Value ! ?;). Surely you spelt costs incorrectly ?:)

Increasing in value to the contractor so to speak.

Maybe I’m having a brain fart moment, but who Is Ballsy so to speak?

For fuuuhhherkes sake man.........who is Ballsy!!!!

I’m going to have to go an’ lie down.....

Who is Ballsy..... Jeez.

Someone tell him lads.....gone a bit weak in the pins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,123 ✭✭✭✭zell12

No idea caller. They only publish the Top 10 earners so to speak.....which is only the tip of the iceberg and dat.

My fear however is that earners No.’s 11-200 are all within €50 of the Top 10 so to speak.

No idea caller. They only publish the Top 10 earners so to speak.....which is only the tip of the iceberg and dat.

My fear however is that earners No.’s 11-200 are all within €50 of the Top 10 so to speak.

Tanks Jaou.

Dew yew tink dey wud bee tikk enuff to give Ballsy de sayam deyal as Marzie.

• Advertisement

Tanks Jaou.

Dew yew tink dey wud bee tikk enuff to give Ballsy de sayam deyal as Marzie.

Well there’s no accountability or financial responsibility in RTÉ so who knows? Or as they say in RTÉ “who cares? It’s only the taxpayers money”.

Mr. Duffy will be beside himself tomorrow with the topics of de day so to speak. Does he focus on Graham Dwyer’s murder appeal so to speak; or does he focus on his “favourite” airline’s CEO Michael O’Leary’s not very woke comments on Muslim men being more likely to be terrorists so to speak AND replacing Irish males in that role since the 70s and 80s?

I expect some “seamless” segues between both topics, interspersed with some criticism of de depiction of Irish people by de Brits so to speak in Mr. Duffy’s favourite bookmaker Paddy Power so to speak.

Praise be to Allah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Mr. Duffy will be beside himself tomorrow with the topics of de day so to speak. Does he focus on Graham Dwyer’s murder appeal so to speak; or does he focus on his “favourite” airline’s CEO Michael O’Leary’s not very woke comments on Muslim men being more likely to be terrorists so to speak AND replacing Irish males in that role since the 70s and 80s?

I expect some “seamless” segues between both topics, interspersed with some criticism of de depiction of Irish people by de Brits so to speak in Mr. Duffy’s favourite bookmaker Paddy Power so to speak.

Praise be to Allah.

Plus the Knackeries won't be collecting dead and fallen animals from Wednesday.

Will there be a foul stench all over the land by Funny Froyday ?

M

zell12 wrote: »

Anyone buying property in Ireland right now as in investment is a complete fool. The trawlers have started following the seagulls about 6 months ago.

Anyone buying property in Ireland right now as in investment is a complete fool. The trawlers have started following the seagulls about 6 months ago.

Very Eric Cantona-esque of you caller so to speak.

I had an encounter with an ethnic man. Bd his missus driving a food delivery van for a more upmarket Thai food outlet. I was trying to get out of where the vet’s car parking is, in a location where there are several charity shops, a petrol station and a tire company an dat, which can be tricky at best, but this can driver dr used to be stubborn and block anyone getting in and out of the place and holding up the busy main road. I thought it was very idd behaviour s a driver belonging to an upscale company, but when he stepped out and banged his fists on my window I saw a very battle-scarred face and he couldn’t hardly string two words together. I opened my car door and his hands came in on top of my steering wheel where he tried to pull it at it. Told him to Fcooooook off and get his manky hands out of my car. I sent the company an email with photos of the van, showing the number plate, and told them that I wouldn’t be ordering a food delivery any time soon.

How they employ this unkempt guy to deliver posh food I don’t understand. Do they want return business or what. Maybe the van has tarmac & gutter-inspection madders rather than food in the back of it. A strange set-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I had an encounter with an ethnic man. Bd his missus driving a food delivery van for a more upmarket Thai food outlet. I was trying to get out of where the vet’s car parking is, in a location where there are several charity shops, a petrol station and a tire company an dat, which can be tricky at best, but this can driver dr used to be stubborn and block anyone getting in and out of the place and holding up the busy main road. I thought it was very idd behaviour s a driver belonging to an upscale company, but when he stepped out and banged his fists on my window I saw a very battle-scarred face and he couldn’t hardly string two words together. I opened my car door and his hands came in on top of my steering wheel where he tried to pull it at it. Told him to Fcooooook off and get his manky hands out of my car. I sent the company an email with photos of the van, showing the number plate, and told them that I wouldn’t be ordering a food delivery any time soon.

How they employ this unkempt guy to deliver posh food I don’t understand. Do they want return business or what. Maybe the van has tarmac & gutter-inspection madders rather than food in the back of it. A strange set-up.

Not gonna lie, this is a very rambling post. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Saw a billboard ad for liveline today with joes ugly mug and numerous chins on it. He wasn't wearing glasses in the photo and looked like an obese china man who's just found out he's won the lotto

So you’re a racist now Cat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

So you’re a racist now Cat?

Ye cant say that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement