Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joexit-is Joe back for 2020?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,616 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Very Eric Cantona-esque of you caller so to speak.

From a fishing background so to speak when all other fancy technology and forecasts fails to find the fish you then resort to follow the seagulls, in a lot of cases it actually works :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

From a fishing background so to speak when all other fancy technology and forecasts fails to find the fish you then resort to follow the seagulls, in a lot of cases it actually works :D

Like in the old days if you came into a strange town, the pub with the best Porter was the one with the most bikes outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,035 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Radio promo this morning, classic

Caller 2: oh gawd

Caller: yeah yeah, oh gawd

Joe: that wasn't me

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Cat, seen this and thought of you (and your cat, hope he’s doing well) https://twitter.com/lover_ideas/status/1231791518991536128?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Field east

I had an encounter with an ethnic man. Bd his missus driving a food delivery van for a more upmarket Thai food outlet. I was trying to get out of where the vet’s car parking is, in a location where there are several charity shops, a petrol station and a tire company an dat, which can be tricky at best, but this can driver dr used to be stubborn and block anyone getting in and out of the place and holding up the busy main road. I thought it was very idd behaviour s a driver belonging to an upscale company, but when he stepped out and banged his fists on my window I saw a very battle-scarred face and he couldn’t hardly string two words together. I opened my car door and his hands came in on top of my steering wheel where he tried to pull it at it. Told him to Fcooooook off and get his manky hands out of my car. I sent the company an email with photos of the van, showing the number plate, and told them that I wouldn’t be ordering a food delivery any time soon.

How they employ this unkempt guy to deliver posh food I don’t understand. Do they want return business or what. Maybe the van has tarmac & gutter-inspection madders rather than food in the back of it. A strange set-up.
    Was he Irish or Lixnawian.? It’s the kind of way either of them behave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

pc7 wrote: »
    Cat, seen this and thought of you (and your cat, hope he’s doing well) https://twitter.com/lover_ideas/status/1231791518991536128?s=21

Love the commen that says "you'd have to tranquilize my cat to get that on it".

Field east wrote: »
    Was he Irish or Lixnawian.? It’s the kind of way either of them behave

Lixnaw? There's a placename I haven't heard in a while. I could tell you a story or two about a certain "lady" from the Greater Lixnaw area so to speak.

Lixnaw? There's a placename I haven't heard in a wgile. I could tell you a story or two about a certain "lady" from the Greater Lixnaw area so to speak.

It’s like some Americans talk about “El Honduraguans”. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Loadsa flooding down around the Shannon so plenty of chances for the overpaid & overfed top get in a mention of the sluice gates of ardnacrusha today

neris wrote: »
    Loadsa flooding down around the Shannon so plenty of chances for the overpaid & overfed top get in a mention of the sluice gates of ardnacrusha today

Well played, so to speak.

• Advertisement

Supreme Court deals blow to Graham Dwyer’s murder appeal – but EU Court will have ultimate say
    Graham Dwyer is seeking to appeal his 2015 conviction for the murder of Elaine O'Hara
    Shane Phelan

February 24 2020 10:54 AM

A European court will ultimately decide key issues which will have a bearing on notorious killer Graham Dwyer’s appeal against his conviction for murder.

A seven-judge Supreme Court today made a ruling which in one part helped Dwyer’s appeal, but in another undermined it significantly.

However, delivering a majority ruling in Waterford, Chief Justice Frank Clarke said the court’s ruling would be referred to the Court of Justice for the EU (CJEU).

The Supreme Court found that many criminal investigations would be impossible without access to data of the type used in the investigation into the murder of childcare worker Elaine O’Hara, which led to Dwyer’s conviction in 2015.

But the court upheld a High Court ruling that the data retention regime did not meet European standards as it did not have independent oversight.

However, the court also signalled its view that the High Court finding was not retrospective.

In other words, even though the law was struck down, it is of the view the finding cannot be used to invalidate Dwyer’s conviction.

The court decided by a majority of six to one to refer its findings to the CJEU.

As a result, the case will not be fully decided by the Supreme Court until the CJEU rules on the referral.

If the CJEU agrees, the finding will have significant implications for Dwyer’s bid to overturn his conviction and will also have consequences for the investigation of serious crimes.

In addition to the Chief Justice, the seven-judge panel was also made up of Supreme Court judges Donal O’Donnell, William McKechnie, John MacMenamin, Peter Charleton, Iseult O’Malley and Mary Irvine.

Mr Justice Charleton was the only judge who felt the decision should not be referred to the CJEU.

Dwyer (47) was jailed for life in 2015 for the murder of childcare worker Elaine O’Hara (36), who was last known to be alive on August 22, 2012.

Her remains were discovered at Killakee in the Dublin Mountains 13 months after her disappearance. Dental records had to be used to identify her.

The Central Criminal Court heard they had met online on a website for people with alternative sexual tastes and that Dwyer later stabbed her to death for his own sexual gratification.

He has always denied killing her, and later challenged provisions in the 2011 Communications Act, which allowed gardaí obtain and use certain data, including phone records, as evidence against him.

This data proved to be crucial in piecing together the link between Dwyer and his victim. In particular it indicated phones they used were in the same area, Shankill, Co Dublin, on the night she disappeared.

But in December 2018, the High Court ruled that legislation used by gardaí to access Dwyer’s communications data contravened EU law and the European Convention on Human Rights.

The main issue highlighted by the court was provisions in the 2011 Act that allowed gardaí of chief superintendent rank and above to request user data from providers.

Mr Justice Tony O’Connor found the contravened both EU law and the convention.

He also found the data retention regime was general and indiscriminate, with no prior review by a court or an independent body and no adequate legislative guarantees against abuse of such data.

Dwyer planned to use the High Court ruling to bolster his separate Court of Appeal challenge to his conviction.

No mention of Chief Justice Duffy or De Court of Da Lahv Lahn, someone will not be amused at this omission so to speak. Will we get a lahv Trial by Lahv Lahn so to speak, or will he have enough cop on to stay away as technically it's an ongoing case so to speak?

Text G for Graham Dwyer is Innocent
    Text G for He's Guilty

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Coronavirus talk and flirting with Una Healy. I don’t blame him in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,573 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

- coronavirus , stay away from da cruises and italy
    - puberty blockers for children , trans and all dat. Whoy

So who knows what will actually be on the show !!

Una Healy in for Ronan so to speak. So we'll get a Tipp accent and a Wurkin Class Dubalin accent today in de promo so top sepak. What a combo.

POSSIBLY coming up on today's show:
    De wurild is upside down because of De Corona Virus. Don't go to EYE-tally.
    (BURP - which he tried to excuse as nervousness in de presenece of Una - think someone had a horn)
    Don't go on cruises (on water so to speak, not de kind de homosexuals do be doin').

Pooperty (he said that furst), sorry Puberty blockers so to speak. WHOY is dare no discussion on dis in Ireland so to speak. Young peeple being sent to De Yew kay to get dis treatment.

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, this is a very rambling post. :confused::confused:

It’s in keeping with de spirit of Liveline :)

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Coronavirus talk and flirting with Una Healy. I don’t blame him in fairness.

He's rich enough for her, can't see any physical attraction on her part so to speak. Unless an impending heart attack can be classed as physical attraction?

I posted dat one on my Facebuke.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So Coronavirus or puberty to start off the show later then ? I think joe will start off with panic and fear myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,488 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Watch the crowd booked on the ‘light legs’ of the rugby flights getting on.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I'm glad its a radio show.

I got an apology from de food firim, so to speak, appears de van was not on authorised business so to speak. I was absolutely stunned yesterday by the state of the man stepping out of the company van, which prides itself on being a cut above the average in terms of quality and service. Instead of just moving “his” van forward a little bit, with his wife making rude gestures at me, he then tried to physically take over my car. Everybody disappeared out of the way when they saw the cut of him. Not from Lithuania nor Lisnax, but possibly a town in Limerick for all I know.

No, he’s practising for the Presidency, showing how he is going to take the lead of the nation in the Covid-19 Pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Get your face out dere Joe they said...

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So Coronavirus or puberty to start off the show later then ? I think joe will start off with panic and fear myself.

We will have months of fear ahead, and he will keep the National Death Count from de virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

We will have months of fear ahead, and he will keep the National Death Count from de virus.

I'd imagine he's trying to work out a way of getting it over here quick...

More chins than Wuhan so to speak.........with apologies to FunnyFryday for stealing a joke they've stoeln from someone else so to speak.

"Some peeple accused de Eye-tallyan Authorities of over-reacting" sez he without a hint of irony.

And what's with making a 5 with his fingers for the text number, then ignoring the 1551 after it? And the pointing at the end? Imitating a traveller call out video?

I got an apology from de food firim, so to speak, appears de van was not on authorised business so to speak. I was absolutely stunned yesterday by the state of the man stepping out of the company van, which prides itself on being a cut above the average in terms of quality and service. Instead of just moving “his” van forward a little bit, with his wife making rude gestures at me, he then tried to physically take over my car. Everybody disappeared out of the way when they saw the cut of him. Not from Lithuania nor Lisnax, but possibly a town in Limerick for all I know.

Wat olour was dis van caller so we may all watch out for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Field east

Lixnaw? There's a placename I haven't heard in a while. I could tell you a story or two about a certain "lady" from the Greater Lixnaw area so to speak.

Dis is a family thread so please refrain- if it’s the one dat involves a will

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement