Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joexit-is Joe back for 2020?

Options

Comments

They’re dying like floies in Ickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    FUNNY FRIDAY ALARM!

I'm more afraid of FunnyFryday than I am of the Corona Virus. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Floppybits

How is Joe allowed to get away with doing Funny Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Fergal Bowers always sounds like he's reading out a school essay.

Floppybits wrote: »
    How is Joe allowed to get away with doing Funny Friday?

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

BPKS wrote: »
    Maybe get a loan of a tractor or something caller

The aul Robinson22 was popular in de boom until everyone started crashing the booms into boundary walls when swinging around to take off it land.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sligojoek wrote: »

Badly it should the pointed out. The report he gave at 1pm sounded like it used different clips.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,510 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

sligojoek wrote: »

I find it very ironic - or maybe appropriate - that the RTE health correspondent always looks and sounds desperately ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Moncrieff has an expert on now on how the country should deal with a possible outbreak of the Corona virus.

Will probably be the opposite of Livelines take on things.

Arghus wrote: »
    I find it very ironic - or maybe appropriate - that the RTE health correspondent always looks and sounds desperately ill.

Like some of our more recent Ministers for Health (Harney, Reilly)? Harris looks like he hasn't seen sunlight since he was a teenager.

• Advertisement

Like some of our more recent Ministers for Health (Harney, Reilly)? Harris looks like he hasn't seen sunlight since he was a teenager.

Simon Harris actually does have a considerable chronic health issue, having Crohns Disease.

Simon Harris actually does have a considerable chronic health issue, having Crohns Disease.

I did not KNOW DAT!I did not KNOW DAT! I did not KNOW DAT!

With the advances in drug therapy in that condition in particular, it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as it used to be historically.......so to speak.

BPKS wrote: »
    Moncrieff has an expert on now on how the country should deal with a possible outbreak of the Corona virus.

Joe is on with Moncrieff?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,780 ✭✭✭buried

Joe was definitely reading the thread today. You could sense the angst and the temper rising at the fact everybody on here was basically laughing our arses off at the forced dose of ApocaLivelinelyptic panic from the mouths of a bunch of weird accent eegits and other eegits cancelling their holidays in Albufiera next June. lol We must be evil incarnate to him

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

buried wrote: »
    Joe was definitely reading the thread today. You could sense the angst and the temper rising at the fact everybody on here was basically laughing our arses off at the forced dose of ApocaLivelinelyptic panic from the mouths of a bunch of weird accent eegits and other eegits cancelling their holidays in Albufiera next June. lol We must be evil incarnate to him

De social meeja trolls and de keyboard warriors.

Maybe we can send something 'virus' like he said before? Or send us a twitter? :rolleyes::pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Is it worth a listen back?

pc7 wrote: »

It was my first listen in months, and it was a lightly coloured bronze. We had potential to reach GOLD with Olive so I'd listen back to her maybe but after that it was meh, apart from a few weird accents.

pc7 wrote: »

Hard to say. I got a laugh out of the coronavirus segment but a few of the 'expert' callers accents sounded like a hybrid of the cast of 'Friends' mixed with an Irish Atari 3000, so that might wreck yer head a bit. Worth listening for the lol for the caller on about her holiday to Portugal next September or whatever it was

I did not KNOW DAT!I did not KNOW DAT! I did not KNOW DAT!

With the advances in drug therapy in that condition in particular, it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as it used to be historically.......so to speak.

Not for new cases, but a lot of damage has been done to intestines of people with long-standing IBD. I tried biologics, but too much damage done already, and in some people disease is particularly aggressive in nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Will funny friday be cancelled due to imminent arrival of the virus to our shores?

The demographic typically in attendance would be of a particularly vulnerable nature (in more ways that one).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Will funny friday be cancelled due to imminent arrival of the virus to our shores?

The demographic typically in attendance would be of a particularly vulnerable nature (in more ways that one).

One can only hope.
    For both, as it were, so to speak.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Not even the coronavirus would go anywhere near the funny friday broadcast, let alone the actual live show. Probably be the safest place to be.

PieOhMy wrote: »

Sure how could de voirus come to our shores, we’re an island.

I bet he’s reading de coronavoirus thread, which has gone viral so to speak.

I bet he’s reading de coronavoirus thread, which has gone viral so to speak.

How could it not?

buried wrote: »
    Not even the coronavirus would go anywhere near the funny friday broadcast, let alone the actual live show. Probably be the safest place to be.

Not even the Corona Virus breaking out in the hotel would stop the crew going for their fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Jesus the faux American accent fella drove me mad today because I know a young fella who's exactly the same, basically because he learned to speak from the television rather than from his parents or other adults around him god love him. So annoying you want to slap him.

On the subject of cancelling holidays I wouldn't be doing that but if I had a cruise planned I certainly be thinking twice about it, the thoughts of being stuck in a room with a little porthole for two weeks would drive me to throwing myself overboard.

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Jesus the faux American accent fella drove me mad today because I know a young fella who's exactly the same, basically because he learned to speak from the television rather than from his parents or other adults around him god love him. So annoying you want to slap him.

On the subject of cancelling holidays I wouldn't be doing that but if I had a cruise planned I certainly be thinking twice about it, the thoughts of being stuck in a room with a little porthole for two weeks would drive me to throwing myself overboard.

:( I’ve a Greek Islands cruise booked, basic tiny cabin, in May. Have never been to Greece and was looking forward to seeing the Athens & isles. For my 60th next year I have a special trans-oceanic cruise booked and paid for, but the discount allowed me to splash out on a balcony.

I couldn’t figure out a lot of the accents today, they seemed hybrid. There is one peculiar hybrid/sounding accent I’m familiar with and that’s the Newfoundland one (or ones). Sounds kind of West Country English crossed with Waterford with a splash of Canadian, in varying amounts depending on which village you come from.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Portugal (Algarve) might be the safest place in Europe, lol!

How much she want for the ticket and villa? I can swap for x4 facemasks and tin of soup.

What flavour is the soup ?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

:( I’ve a Greek Islands cruise booked, basic tiny cabin, in May. Have never been to Greece and was looking forward to seeing the Athens & isles. For my 60th next year I have a special trans-oceanic cruise booked and paid for, but the discount allowed me to splash out on a balcony.

I couldn’t figure out a lot of the accents today, they seemed hybrid. There is one peculiar hybrid/sounding accent I’m familiar with and that’s the Newfoundland one (or ones). Sounds kind of West Country English crossed with Waterford with a splash of Canadian, in varying amounts depending on which village you come from.

Oh jaysus Cat I don't know, I wouldn't risk the tiny cabin in case I was stuck in it but you might be fine. I'm just claustrophobic at the best of times. Even in freezing cold weather I would have the bedroom window open for air.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement