Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joexit-is Joe back for 2020?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Mandatory in rte?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

We have a strict alcohol policy here. Nothing less than 40% proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Can't disagree with the mandatory testing idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Id say this guy is great craic at parties. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭bigroad

They won't test the workers here as it would put too many on the dole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

joe having a turn there at the thought of it

lertsnim wrote: »
    Can't disagree with the mandatory testing idea.

Depends really, as he said weed can stay in the system for weeks, so a guy having a sneaky joint over his christmas holidays deserved to get sacked 4 weeks later in January when he is stone cold sober on the job ???

nah ....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

If they do testing for people working then they should do it for people on welfare too. I'd happily do it then.

Depends really, as he said weed can stay in the system for weeks, so a guy having a sneaky joint over his christmas holidays deserved to get sacked 4 weeks later in January when he is stone cold sober on the job ???

nah ....

It would have to be just certain drugs tested for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I worked in Munich in the 80s and there often were checks on workers who looked to be "under the weather" then again we had the vending machines on site in those days with bottles of beer for 50 or 60 pfenning. I admit we turned the dial up to 11 a couple of times

• Advertisement

It would gave to be just certain drugs tested for.

OK fair enough, cocaine or heroin ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

" Fake Public Hire Vehicle " Great for TV !!!

There’s a fake taxi channel on the internet somewhere.

Not sure what they’re checking for though.

Gods Gift wrote: »
    There’s a fake taxi channel on the internet somewhere.

Not sure what they’re checking for though.

I’m going to ignore my usual curiosity and not (for once!) look this up on Google. I haven’t got over the last time I did this (a reference to anal bleaching, which I hadn’t ever heard of but was compelled to look up - I’m not the same since I did that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,583 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I’m going to ignore my usual curiosity and not (for once!) look this up on Google. I haven’t got over the last time I did this (a reference to anal bleaching, which I hadn’t ever heard of but was compelled to look up - I’m not the same since I did that!)

look it up !! you'd be amazed the amount of ladies who forget their purses for their taxi journeys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

2smiggy wrote: »
    look it up !! you'd be amazed the amount of ladies who forget their purses for their taxi journeys

I had that channel on subscription along with a about another 50 adult channels, it was a channel entirely dedicated to that taxi driver and taxi with studio cameras all over it. Before I get judged it was part of package, sport, movies etc. Adult stuff came with it. German stuff was best avoided.

It was one of the better adult channels being honest, bit of a story line, just about acceptable acting who appeared to be very desperate for work yet half decent skanks to look at. Only negative was Plot was a bit thin and storyline seemed to rotate. All in all it was a bit like watching Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Mandatory drug testing ....... That won't be liked in rte caller....

Would work wonders for the output

and 'star' clearout :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Ha ha happened me with Glory Holes! Never heard it until boards and have never been the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Asitis2019

I only caught a few minutes of the Joe Duffy Show today, but I did hear him talk to Paul Williams. People say he was tough on him, but he has to be. Unlike other broadcasters, Joe is willing to ask the tough question and deeply probe the issues. That is how he gets to the truth, and why he has a legion on fans - 363,000

He truly did set the agenda this week, did not he?

And on top of his other skills, I just recently learned of his photography skills - he take and shares truly wonderful photos. A renaissance man in the true sense of the word.

Looking forward to catching up on his podcast this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Thanks for that, the keyboard is covered in beer now

Asitis2019 wrote: »
    I only caught a few minutes of the Joe Duffy Show today, but I did hear him talk to Paul Williams. People say he was tough on him, but he has to be. Unlike other broadcasters, Joe is willing to ask the tough question and deeply probe the issues. That is how he gets to the truth, and why he has a legion on fans - 363,000

And on top of his other skills, I just recently learned of his photography skills - he take and shares truly wonderful photos. A renaissance man in the true sense of the word.

You have a great insight into Joe’s head, well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

You seem to be a substantial user of the substances Joe was condemning today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Asitis2019

Guys

I have just had a great idea - a thread devoted to Joe Duffy Show. I have set up a request and would gratefully appreciate, with highest esteem, if you would support this important and timely initiative.

Thanks you
    Asitis2019

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

I've heard of liveline.
    Where is this Joe Duffy show on?
    Never heard of it.
    Anyway, carry on with your wind-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I've heard of liveline.
    Where is this Joe Duffy show on?
    Never heard of it.
    Anyway, carry on with your wind-up.

CNN or BBC

I forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

363,000 fans please elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

cozar wrote: »
    363,000 fans please elaborate?

Listeners caller. Please. 363,000 listeners and may the lord be looking down on all of them.

And falling. The last time I looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Give Asi a break.

He OR she has only been listening to the end of the odd show for the past 2 weeks maybe.

A lot to learn. Joe.

• Advertisement

withless wrote: »
    Give Asi a break.

He OR she has only been listening to the end of the odd show for the past 2 weeks maybe.

A lot to learn. Joe.

He OR SHE is new here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement