Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joexit-is Joe back for 2020?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

As promised here is the circus analogy relating to a persons pension somehow. This took place at roughly 20mins into the show.

Joe:
    "Its like that image... I don't know if you used to see it in the circus....They put a stick and the ball eh eh eh eh *confused grunting* .... harness it to a dog or a pony or a camel or whatever... the pony or the camel would be chasing the ball but never actually get to it because it couldnt because it was the same distance away from it all the time thats what you're saying yeh.'

Bizzare. I didnt hear it at the time but then a few mins later it seems that someone was reading this thread (as I don't believe a member of the public would text in about it) and he circled back to try and clarify this mystifying statement.

Joe: 'By the way people are texting in about the pony and trap its not the pony and trap it's the carrot and stick in that deh deh deh donkey eventually dus get the carrot but in this case **wheezing giggling** you never get the ball because the ball is always sleh sleh .... thats what I was saying in a convoluted way trying to make an analogy of what Mike was saying'

To the rte liveline staff that follow this thread I'd like say a big TYFYS and hope ye get as much of a laugh at Joe's auld guff as I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Asitis2019 wrote: »
    I know....on one thread I'm accused of being Joe Duffy...another Marian Bailey....and another working for the NCT

Like Joe, I am very sensitive to the plight of people...a humanitarian of sorts, so to speak

I'm sure Maria ,Joe and the NCT will get on fine without your crusading

Please stop stalking me :mad:

I've been reading that thread since it began.

I won't be engaging with you any further.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Mod note

Can we get back on topic please, any issues with posts lease report them
    Thanks PC7

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

PieOhMy wrote: »
    As promised here is the circus analogy relating to a persons pension somehow. This took place at roughly 20mins into the show.

Joe:
    "Its like that image... I don't know if you used to see it in the circus....They put a stick and the ball eh eh eh eh *confused grunting* .... harness it to a dog or a pony or a camel or whatever... the pony or the camel would be chasing the ball but never actually get to it because it couldnt because it was the same distance away from it all the time thats what you're saying yeh.'

Bizzare. I didnt hear it at the time but then a few mins later it seems that someone was reading this thread (as I don't believe a member of the public would text in about it) and he circled back to try and clarify this mystifying statement.

Joe: 'By the way people are texting in about the pony and trap its not the pony and trap it's the carrot and stick in that deh deh deh donkey eventually dus get the carrot but in this case **wheezing giggling** you never get the ball because the ball is always sleh sleh .... thats what I was saying in a convoluted way trying to make an analogy of what Mike was saying'

To the rte liveline staff that follow this thread I'd like say a big TYFYS and hope ye get as much of a laugh at Joe's auld guff as I do!

I thought he sounded very confused today...well more confused then normal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

cozar wrote: »

In the old days it was called diddering or doddering.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Joe:

He really does have a tremendous grasp of the English language. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just wait until he starts speaking The Queen's English when he gets poached by the BBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Asitis2019

Absolutely, as I mentioned he has written books, and given his education in one of the top universities in the world, he is well equipped with an extensive vocabulary. Granted he does stumble from time to time as we all do. But I agree a marvelous command

I know....on one thread I'm accused of being Joe Duffy...another Marian Bailey....and another working for the NCT

One armed with a degree of self-awareness might ask themselves what is it about their posting style that elicits such similar responses across 3 separate and distinctive threads........#justsayin

• Advertisement

Absolutely, as I mentioned he has written books, and given his education in one of the top universities in the world, he is well equipped with an extensive vocabulary. Granted he does stumble from time to time as we all do. But I agree a marvelous command

:pac:

Joe:

You deserve a TYFYS yourself for transcribing that attack on the English language, so to speak.

Well done! Well done!

Tubridy does talk some load of old rubbish
    PARK LIFE!

For those who missed the above reference, it would be great if someone more talented than me could recreate something like this with Tubridy's musings about kindness etc. OR Mr. Duffy's inane waffle and doddering so to speak replacing Mr. Brand's diatribe:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

sligojoek wrote: »
    Guess who's just turned up in another thread defending Maria Bailey.

Im thinking Asitis2019 is a lady called Vicky who has a strange obsesion with covicts and has multiple Twitter and Facebook accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Im thinking Asitis2019 is a lady called Vicky who has a strange obsesion with covicts and has multiple Twitter and Facebook accounts

I think s/he is the voice changer

• Registered Users Posts: 39,554 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

cozar wrote: »

I'm beginning to wonder if there's any substance to this brain degeneration guff put forward by certain people.
    High stress comes with high pay - especially if you suspect your bluff is blown and you might be out on your arse sometime.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Just wait until he starts speaking The Queen's English when he gets poached by the BBC.

He'd have to start speaking it first, then get poached. But again, the way standards have slipped at the BBC, you never know who they'll hire next.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Joedryan

Joe?

Poached? More likely lightly fricasseed by the BBC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

You think liveline is bad, we have a young lady on REF FM now giving her thoughts on the 'farcical' debate last night, that she did not watch. Honestly. Prendeville is on holidays, and his replacement is brutal. yet to manage to even get through half a show ...

• Advertisement

2smiggy wrote: »
    You think liveline is bad, we have a young lady on REF FM now giving her thoughts on the 'farcical' debate last night, that she did not watch. Honestly. Prendeville is on holidays, and his replacement is brutal. yet to manage to even get through half a show ...

What colour is RED FM?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

What colour is RED FM?

scuttery brown

Joe.

Pensions, for a change.

USC the crash tax.

Gay marriage

De fluuu. Shaking hands at Mass has to stop.

Best news I heard all day. On The very rare occasion I have to attend one it's one of the customs I hate.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Joe.

Pensions, for a change.

USC the crash tax.

Gay marriage

De fluuu. Shaking hands at Mass has to stop.

Best news I heard all day. On The very rare occasion I have to attend one it's one of the customs I hate.

My mother used to hate “shaking other people’s dirty hands”, my cousin used to stand at back of church to avoid it, and I have done all I can do to avoid it where possible. I think a lot of people hate the practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

RTE could do a 'Brendan and Mary' (or whatever dat sitcom is called) 80's dramedy with a normal family man and his double life up in Dublin at the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Why Joe's sudden obsession with married men "living a loie" as closet gays?
    Wait, you don't think... ??
    Surely not!

Why Joe's sudden obsession with married men "living a loie" as closet gays?
    Wait, you don't think... ??
    Surely not!

Are you trying to say Joe is a closet Fine Gaeler?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

05 yaris...they done you a favour love.;)

Did you like it in the Yaris, Denise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Why is Joe so grumpy looking in the new pic on the rte radio player????

I think he is living a lie!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement