Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meaningful present for wife

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 maggots_123

Hey, reason I’m getting a present is because I want to. My wife hasn’t hinted anything, she’s not the type. Not sure if this present thing after a baby is a common or uncommon thing, but I don’t really care it’s just something I wanted to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭scarepanda

niallb wrote: »
    As part of organising the spa day or whatever, make sure you are available to look after everything on the day with no distractions. Leave it for a couple of weeks until you both know how feeding is going, but do tell her it's happening. If feeding is going well you could try feeding baby with expressed milk to give her a break at home. If she's seen you do that there she'll be more at ease on a day out.

That would be my worst nightmare tbh. I would hate for someone to just tell me I've been booked in for a spa day, away from my newborn breastfed baby. It also wouldn't be worth it for me because of the added stress of trying to express enough milk to leave with the baby for the day. And then the worry about whether baby was ok or not, no matter who they were left with. I'd be clock watching the whole day waiting to get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

scarepanda wrote: »
    That would be my worst nightmare tbh. I would hate for someone to just tell me I've been booked in for a spa day, away from my newborn breastfed baby. It also wouldn't be worth it for me because of the added stress of trying to express enough milk to leave with the baby for the day. And then the worry about whether baby was ok or not, no matter who they were left with. I'd be clock watching the whole day waiting to get home.

Same, not to mention the stress of pumping while you’re gone and leaking milk all over the massage table.

My husband did organise a massage for me for my birthday when my little boy was 3 months. I was gone for about 1.5 hours so fed him before and after and it was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Foot massage.

Advertisement