Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIRO/Vodafone Routers

Options
  • 14-01-2020 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,

I have had SIRO for quite a while and never seemed to have particularly fast broadband. I contacted the technical support team and they said that I should not have a white router (which I have) but a dark grey one. To cut a long story short they arranged for a replacement. An engineer called and replaced the existing white one with another white one. My wife asked about the other dark grey one and he said that for SIRO we should always have had the grey one. But for some reason he could not give us it on the day. Very frustrating. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this router business??

Thanks,

Cardinal Sin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its accurate.

Old one was a HG659c or 658. The 658 especially is junk, the 59 is ok-ish. New grey unit is a "Gigabox" - not used one but it should be a bit better. Mainly would matter at short distances with newer high end devices.

Advertisement