Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leadership ... what it actually means

Options
  • 14-01-2020 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭

Teachers run schools.

Not principals or deputies who have attended leadership courses and have rehearsed interview questions and answers. Apparently, GAA connections help seal the deal.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that the average student these days ‘fears not the master’ but instead respects the respector.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

In my experience, the school secretaries/porters run the schools.

Teacher or Principal out sick? Meh.
    School secretary or porter out? Chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Treppen

Teachers run schools.

Not principals or deputies who have attended leadership courses and have rehearsed interview questions and answers. Apparently, GAA connections help seal the deal.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that the average student these days ‘fears not the master’ but instead respects the respector.

Who's the respector?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

spurious wrote: »
    In my experience, the school secretaries/porters run the schools.

Teacher or Principal out sick? Meh.
    School secretary or porter out? Chaos.

Oh my gosh! This by a thousand. We recently had to do without our secretary for a few months and it was brutal! Noone knew where anything was, why wasn't the bus booked to take students to Opens Days, roll call was a disaster, no texts home re students absent etc ...and the photocopier ...don't even go there
    She got some royal welcome back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Icsics

I can tell u what’s it’s not...LAOS & ‘competency based interviews’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

So, LAOS leaders avoid actual interactions with the clients in my local school.... nowhere to be seen at key times in key areas. A grade 3 clerical worker could run the s and s scheme.

APs enjoy the few hundred quid a month but are puppets....

System is a mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Treppen

So, LAOS leaders avoid actual interactions with the clients in my local school.... nowhere to be seen at key times in key areas. A grade 3 clerical worker could run the s and s scheme.

APs enjoy the few hundred quid a month but are puppets....

System is a mess.

What's a client?

Advertisement