Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ball park cost of converting 3 bed into 4 bed

Options
  • 15-01-2020 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi all, in the market for a house and this one ticks alot of boxes and is under budget for us. Problem is that its only a 3 bed. Looking along the street-view two/three houses on the road have converted the garage at the side into a room with a second story.
    Im looking for a ballpark cost for such a conversion if I wanted to put a master bedroom with ensuite above the garage and extend the current kitchen into the garage with a utility room. THis would open up the whole house and give us the room for strage etc and the extra room we're looking for.
    Again I appreciate it would be an estimate but a roundabout figure would allow us to consider the house further or move on to something else.
    Would such a change require planing?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Hi all, in the market for a house and this one ticks alot of boxes and is under budget for us. Problem is that its only a 3 bed. Looking along the street-view two/three houses on the road have converted the garage at the side into a room with a second story.
    Im looking for a ballpark cost for such a conversion if I wanted to put a master bedroom with ensuite above the garage and extend the current kitchen into the garage with a utility room. THis would open up the whole house and give us the room for strage etc and the extra room we're looking for.
    Again I appreciate it would be an estimate but a roundabout figure would allow us to consider the house further or move on to something else.
    Would such a conversion require planning ?
    this is the house in question: https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/30-castleknock-glade-castleknock-dublin-15/4373123
    thanks

450k for a three bed, for that you could get a much nicer four bed in a decent part of blanchardstown but i am sure you know that. anyway for what you are looking for i got a quote relatively recently and you wont get it for less than 75k in my opinion. work from the top down 2500 per square metre in the current climate.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

OP
    You don’t own this house. Therefore We should not be speculating on how to change it, in a public forum. Suggest you remove the link, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

BryanF wrote: »
    OP
    You don’t own this house. Therefore We should not be speculating on how to change it, in a public forum. Suggest you remove the link, thanks

Done. Apologies

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Done. Apologies

Link still in the quoted post.

Advertisement