Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justine O'Mahoney

Options
  • 15-01-2020 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

I'm sure she's a lovely woman but I can't see the point of her rambling articles in the Wexford People group of newspapers. She may well write for all of the Independent groups local franchises but to me she seems like a budget version of Amanda Brunker or Brendan O'Connor.

Her articles are pure drivel, I'm already at pains to pay the €2.70 for the local rag and it galls me that I'm supporting her "career".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Never heard of her - who is she?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Corvo

I just skip over it, there's never anything interesting written in that section and I never hear the content of her articles discussed anywhere.

Theres another girl in that section too and the articles are so depressing / moany. Exactly what you need after reading how some local scrote got away with a sentence following his 450th conviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Del.Monte wrote:
    Never heard of her - who is she?

She's a yummy mummy type who writes about "himself" and "the eldest one" as if they were commodities. She's fond of a tipple and the few articles I've read have driven me to drink too. I presume she's a failed journalist that someone feels sorry for and throws her a bit if work to fill a bit of a page. Her primary function in our house is Guinea Pig bedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Surprised anyone still buys a weekly local paper

Is there a better way to get local news. I like to keep up to speed with what's going on in the district and I don't have time to peruse the whole Internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Is there a better way to get local news. I like to keep up to speed with what's going on in the district and I don't have time to peruse the whole Internet.

Well, it's not news, it's just curtain twitching

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I get all the news in my local - usually a week or two before the local rag. :D

Well, it's not news, it's just curtain twitching

Sports, Local Politics, Local enterprise and social initiatives. Hardly curtain twitching.

Not many trolls in the paper, unlike your good-self. Adios critter.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I get all the news in my local - usually a week or two before the local rag. :D

There's a lot to be said for the local.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Its free on wexford libraries Press reader app

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote:
    Its free on wexford libraries Press reader app

Cheers Vic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My parents still buy The New Ross Standard every week and keep it for me when I go down to visit. Nothing like sitting down with a coffee and rattling through a bunch of Standards.

Advertisement