Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election 2020, who would you like to see be elected? See Mod note in Post 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

Not one job was created in Wexford in the last 15 years? Are you mad? My place has gone from 120 to 350. My brother in laws business has gone from 2 to 5 people. Crazy lie.

Name new jobs in Wexford created by the introduction of companies by our politicians? What new companies have been brought into Wexford by our politicians? Why has Wexford one of the poorest jobs market in the country? It’s a job black hole and not one job was created or brought to the county by our sitting TDs

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

Sinn Fein haven’t a clue when it comes to looking after the working person- they opposed everything but are now gonna reward the people who don’t work, bunch of chancers and hoped people will see through their hyped up BS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

gmurphy70 wrote: »
    Sinn Fein haven’t a clue when it comes to looking after the working person- they opposed everything but are now gonna reward the people who don’t work, bunch of chancers and hoped people will see through their hyped up BS

It's been made somewhat attractive for the scroungers to not work while the upper classes but yes more strikingly the middle poor prop them up, when were SF in government again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

It's been made somewhat attractive for the scroungers to not work while the upper classes but yes more strikingly the middle poor prop them up, when were SF in government again?

NI they collapsed the government for 3 years, when they do take their seats, they abdicate responsibility and then blame the tories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Wouldn't be naturally drawn to SF and from my experience of Mythen, that's not going to change.
    I'm probably being unfair to the man, he may be an excellent Public Representative but listening to him in radio interviews and debates, he never does seem to have a grasp on his topic. Consequently, he won't be getting any of my preferences but then again, neither will Howlin, D'Arcy, Kehoe, Browne or Byrne.
    Leaves me in a bit of a dilemma. as I know little of the remainder except Verona Murphy and her dalliance with FG was enough to cloud my opinion of her.
    Codd, because of his party, I would dismiss out of hand, Rosengrave, ditto, our last dalliance with the loony Greens ended in tears.
    That leaves me with Carthy, O'Shea and Murphy 2 so I guess that's where my 1.,2,3 will go, if only to say that I voted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kathryn1985

Around 250 jobs created at Eishtec in Wexford when it opened five to six years ago..

On Eishtec, I know people with kids working there getting additional supports such as FIS. Don’t think there were many jobs created in south wexford last 15 years that support mortgages and families.

Don’t think any of the candidates can change that either and still don’t know who to vote for.

All this talk from FF about a fairer Ireland. What's fair abut someone being paid over €200 a week to sit on their arse when their neighbour is working all week for little more and being taxed through the nose to support the other guy, while all the time having to pay out for services the other gets for free.
    I'm all for pensioners and the disabled and chronically ill being supported by the Welfare system, but not some lazy fcuker who can't be bothered to support himself and his family, and don't get me started on " ethnic minorities" and certain classes of "lone" parents.
    I do agree that someone who loses their job should be supported by the State for a period and not left destitute, but this open ended set up, which has very few and certainly, not comprehensive enough, checks and balances is dragging the country to its knees.

Great stir at the Enniscorthy station. Unusual for a morning.

Might be a good turnout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

kneemos wrote: »
    Great stir at the Enniscorthy station. Unusual for a morning.

Might be a good turnout.

Just back - I didn't see you. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

NI they collapsed the government for 3 years, when they do take their seats, they abdicate responsibility and then blame the tories.

You see Stormont as a genuine government?

They weren't alone in dissolving for that period of time and did so with the DUP over the Irish language dispute, you think they should have caved and scrapped the language immediately, that's fair enough.

gmurphy70 wrote: »
    Name new jobs in Wexford created by the introduction of companies by our politicians? What new companies have been brought into Wexford by our politicians? Why has Wexford one of the poorest jobs market in the country? It’s a job black hole and not one job was created or brought to the county by our sitting TDs

Politicians don't create jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Politicians don't create jobs.

Their influence certainly helps though. All through the years we've seen promises of jobs,task forces etc and very little delivered. Take Enniscorthy,the town went through a phase of company closures and we saw politicians arrive with promises and crocodile tears for the poor people who had to sign on yet off they went and we were quickly forgotten.
    Call it parish pump politics but if it brings jobs to the county then so be it.
    We've always had elected representatives in very influential positions who never used said influence to benefit the county and as a result we've turned into an employment blackspot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

Johnny Mythen looking good on the tallies with about two thirds of the boxes open.

woohoo!!! wrote: »
    Johnny Mythen looking good on the tallies with about two thirds of the boxes open.

oh for **** sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Seems to be a strong anti FG vote in Wexford some reports that they may not get any seats. I'm guessing at moment 1 L 1 FF 1 SF 1 FG 1 INP Verona.

Bart looks like first to he eliminated no surprise there

A quota and a half.

https://wexfordtoday.com/2020/02/09/runaway-success-for-johnny-mythen-in-wexford/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭sjb25

Mythen trashing even howlin in Wexford town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

With SF elected in Wexford a new age of prosperity surely dawns. What happened to all the young voters concerned about climate change credit for their phones, Xbox games and their next batch of weed.

• Advertisement

Del.Monte wrote: »
    With SF elected in Wexford a new age of prosperity surely dawns. What happened to all the young voters concerned about climate change credit for their phones, Xbox games and their next batch of weed.

I think the vote for SF was intended as a kick in the arse for the two big parties rather than a vote for the calibre of the candidate. As for SF bringing change, I think the vision of Dessie Ellis and group of supporters screaming out "Come out you Black and Tans" at the Dublin North Westl count centre will dismay a lot of people. Progress in Ireland needs to be in a different direction from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

Jaysus the bitterness is hilarious

Jaysus the bitterness is hilarious

I was talking to a guy earlier who's whole family traditionally voted FF,he voted SF as his opinion was "surely they can't be any worse than what we've had".
    The people are sick of the same old,same old and broken promises/wasted money.
    The ones complaining forget that's how Labour won a landslide under Dick Spring.

Surely you copped why Del Monte uses that name:) He's a sound enough skin on the forum though.

Del.Monte wrote: »

We didn't even have an old age of prosperity under the others.
    The resounding cry was "we don't have a great choice in the running"

What has changed, the people of the Enniscorthy district didn't elect Mythen in the local elections recently and now he has topped the poll. The vote isn't for him personally but for SF and a vote against FF/FG. I've no time for SF or Mythen but they look like they are going to form the next government.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Darn it Ryan gets in.

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Darn it Ryan gets in.

????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭sjb25

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Darn it Ryan gets in.

Bloody Ryan :)

What has changed, the people of the Enniscorthy district didn't elect Mythen in the local elections recently and now he has topped the poll. The vote isn't for him personally but for SF and a vote against FF/FG. I've no time for SF or Mythen but they look like they are going to form the next government.

This election is dominated by protest voting. The big two just trotted out the same lines as before and people didn't want to know.

• Advertisement

This election is dominated by protest voting. The big two just trotted out the same lines as before and people didn't want to know.

Very true, and Kehoe is paying the price. But SF won't be able to sit on the ditch anymore, and will have to play "senior hurling" now.

Advertisement