Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum not being moderated as per rules

Options
  • 15-01-2020 3:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭

There is a post in the Personal Issues forum in which posters are replying in a derogatory and belittling manner that blatantly flies in the face of the posted guidelines. I pulled them up and asked where the mod was because although I reported a post nothing was done about it. When the mod finally came on, nothing was said or done about it, and only one other poster was pulled up for a lack of advice, but nothing was done about the belittling going on

Mod has warned me for backseat modding. I pm'd woodchuck (the mod) and asked them not to delete my posts in which I am calling out the bullying and offering a different perspective. And that I wouldn't have to pull them up if woodchuck actually upheld the standards of the forum which are clearly identified. Can this please be reviewed properly?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Once the problem post is reported your responsibility has ended, report the post (without commentary or back-seat modding on-thread) & let the forum mod deal with it whenever they receive the post report. Because of the volunteer nature of the mods/cmods/admin etc it might not always be immediate or obvious what action has been taken but it’s best to just report the post & let the mods do their modly thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Thanks! Yeah I'm newer so I'm learning about mod stuff, much appreciated. My issue is that the mod has already come on, took issue with my "modding" on the thread but didn't address the other stuff going on. That mod recommended I report here to the help desk if I had a problem with the modding, so here I am. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Stateofyou wrote: »
    ..but didn't address the other stuff going on.

Didn’t publicly address. You wouldn’t know if the problem posters were reprimanded (or forum banned etc) privately.
    Report the post & walk away, best you can do!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement