If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV & speaker setup help appreciated

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Paddy,

we have not stocked or sold any of these before but we will do our best to assist - BUT - I'm not sure you have the easiest equipment line-up to allow you to do what you are aiming to do.

The Bose 3.2.1. system is very much a 'closed' system as it only works with its dedicated Subwoofer and Satellites - it does have an optical input and your Sharp TV has an optical output - so if you can get an optical cable to connect between them you can use the Bose to amplify your TV sound.

The Bose has plenty of legacy connections but only a single digital input so I would recommend that you connect all your sources with HDMI outputs into your TV - using the TV as a hub and again connect the TV to the Bose via Optical cable so it will also amplify the audio from all your TV sources and switch automatically with your TV.

In terms of DVD - I'm not sure how often you use DVD but if you are a frequent user it would really be worthwhile investing in a new HDMI equipped DVD / Blu-ray.

..However the Bose is not designed to drive your 8 ceiling speakers ( they are B&W - so they should sound significantly better than the Bose if properly driven), I'm not sure where all these ceiling speakers are located ? or if the cables come to behind the TV? or if you need to be able to switch them separately - but you would need separate amp to drive these speakers - if you could give us some further details we will do our best to assist ..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PaddyBloggit

Hi Paddy,

we have not stocked or sold any of these before but we will do our best to assist - BUT - I'm not sure you have the easiest equipment line-up to allow you to do what you are aiming to do.

The Bose 3.2.1. system is very much a 'closed' system as it only works with its dedicated Subwoofer and Satellites - it does have an optical input and your Sharp TV has an optical output - so if you can get an optical cable to connect between them you can use the Bose to amplify your TV sound.

The Bose has plenty of legacy connections but only a single digital input so I would recommend that you connect all your sources with HDMI outputs into your TV - using the TV as a hub and again connect the TV to the Bose via Optical cable so it will also amplify the audio from all your TV sources and switch automatically with your TV.

In terms of DVD - I'm not sure how often you use DVD but if you are a frequent user it would really be worthwhile investing in a new HDMI equipped DVD / Blu-ray.

..However the Bose is not designed to drive your 8 ceiling speakers ( they are B&W - so they should sound significantly better than the Bose if properly driven), I'm not sure where all these ceiling speakers are located ? or if the cables come to behind the TV? or if you need to be able to switch them separately - but you would need separate amp to drive these speakers - if you could give us some further details we will do our best to assist ..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    John,

Thanks for taking the time to give me a very comprehensive and easily understood answer!

There are 4 ceiling speaker in the sitting room with the tv and 4 speakers in another sitting room. All of the cables come out behind the tv.

Paddy

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Paddy,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    John,

Thanks for taking the time to give me a very comprehensive and easily understood answer!

There are 4 ceiling speaker in the sitting room with the tv and 4 speakers in another sitting room. All of the cables come out behind the tv.

Paddy
    Hey Paddy.

Are you looking to just have the speakers as stereos pairs or are you going to try and incorporate any of the two rooms to run 5.1 home cinema?

If it was just for stereo then Denon have produced the wonderful DRA800 which has HDMI ports for connecting your bluray, games console or set top box or HDMI ARC from your TV, as well as many other inputs and features!
    This would run the 4 speakers in the main room.
    The DRA800 has Heos built in which would then allow you to use the Heos Amp Hs2 to run the 2nd room
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202147-heos-amp-hs2-inc-wireless-zone-amplifier.aspx

If you then download the Heos App you can link these two rooms or control them separately. It also allows for the addition of extra Heos products to form a multi room system throughout your home.
    https://www.denon.com/en-gb/music-streaming-apps-and-devices

The same if you went home cinema then you could you the Denon AVRX2600 in the main room. It also has Heos built in.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204145-denon-avrx2600-black-atmos-av-receiver.aspx
    You would need to add a centre speaker and subwoofer to this setup to get the best from it.

Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.