Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of studying law

Options
  • 16-01-2020 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there! It’s that time of year-CAO time and maybe I’m unusual but I’m struggling to pin down what I’d like to do. I’m angling towards law/ law and business. Doing the usual core subjects, French, History, Geography and Economics. I’ve been to all the open days. Law in UCD amazing but realistically don’t think I’ll make it.

2 questions; 1. I know the mantra is put down your dream courses first on the CAO but I’ve never come close to 530/530 points in school exams. Still should I put UCD first

2. How do DCU and Maynooth law compare?

Ok so here’s the 3rd, does life get better after the LC???????

Thanks for replying.

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Aldaris wrote: »
    1. I know the mantra is put down your dream courses first on the CAO but I’ve never come close to 530/530 points in school exams. Still should I put UCD first
    UCD will only take up one slot of 10 on the CAO application.

Reach for the stars, but include a few bankers further down!

Imagine for just one moment how you would feel if you actually got the points for UCD ... but hadn't put it first on the CAO?

Advertisement