Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrist strap to hold Edge 820

Options
  • 16-01-2020 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Need to do a McGyver for tomorrow and want to buy a wrist strap to mount my Garmin 820.. plenty available online but need to buy it today.
    Has anyone done the same on here and if so appreciate the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Need to do a McGyver for tomorrow and want to buy a wrist strap to mount my Garmin 820.. plenty available online but need to buy it today.
    Has anyone done the same on here and if so appreciate the help.

If you really want to mcGyver it you could always butcher a cheap watch strap and one of those free bike mounts that come with the garmin. Gorilla glue is your friend :) another alternative would be to see if you could find some velcro strap and some how attach a garmin mount to that.

Failing the above you could always gorilla glue it to your wrist :D

It has to be asked though, could you not just put it in a pocket? I can't imagine it will be comfortable on your wrist even with the correct strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    If you really want to mcGyver it you could always butcher a cheap watch strap and one of those free bike mounts that come with the garmin. Gorilla glue is your friend :) another alternative would be to see if you could find some velcro strap and some how attach a garmin mount to that.

Failing the above you could always gorilla glue it to your wrist :D

It has to be asked though, could you not just put it in a pocket? I can't imagine it will be comfortable on your wrist even with the correct strap.

Id have to shave the Gorillas arm hair off! The pain of one hair plucked!!!
    Yep sure will be a pain in the hole with it wrist mounted..(not using it to cycle just the map feature as back up nav on the mountains) so in and out of the pocket will be just as torturous...dont fancy losing it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Id have to shave the Gorillas arm hair off! The pain of one hair plucked!!!
    Yep sure will be a pain in the hole with it wrist mounted..(not using it to cycle just the map feature as back up nav on the mountains) so in and out of the pocket will be just as torturous...dont fancy losing it

I'd probably keep it in my pocket myself for that use but another option to your wrist would be one of those retractable I'd tag lanyards attached to your shoulder strap on your back pack and through the garmin mount. It would be simpler to just to tie it to some chord and keep in a pocket at least you'd be sure it wouldn't fall out.

It goes without saying though there's no substitute for a good map/compass and knowledge how to use them. :)

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I'd probably keep it in my pocket myself for that use but another option to your wrist would be one of those retractable I'd tag lanyards attached to your shoulder strap on your back pack and through the garmin mount. It would be simpler to just to tie it to some chord and keep in a pocket at least you'd be sure it wouldn't fall out.

It goes without saying though there's no substitute for a good map/compass and knowledge how to use them. :)

Bi Ullamh as they say.... ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

An arm band or hairband, use cable ties to attach the bike mount to the arm band and boobs your uncle, a slip on wrist mount. If you have a buff or arm/leg warmer, they would also do the trick.

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »
    An arm band or hairband, use cable ties to attach the bike mount to the arm band and boobs your uncle, a slip on wrist mount. If you have a buff or arm/leg warmer, they would also do the trick.

Ive a mental picture of Andre Agassi dressed in full white running by me cracking me a slap with a tennis racket as he passes now :D

Sound Cram....now where would you buy sweat bands? Or leg warmers...Sports direct here we come....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Lifestyle sports or similar will sell you one of those arm things for phones, like this:

https://www.lifestylesports.com/ie/lean-arm-band-96223413.html

Or go into Penneys, if they don't have arm or hairbands, get a cheap stretchy T shirt, long sleeved, tight fitting and cut the arm off. Quadruple layer it, you could even thread the cable ties through the fabric this way so it won't be resting on your arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

If this is for the Art, fair play on not leaving things until the last minute! :D

Advertisement