If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Freesat/Saorview with recording functionality

Options
  • 16-01-2020 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi Richersounds,

Our humax freesat box has kicked the bucket and the Panasonic plasma I got from you ten years ago is wobbling as well.

Looking to combine them both into a new tv with saorview, freesat and recording (maybe via external HDD?) functionality.

Given no stores have freesat/saorview plumbed up its pretty much impossible to actually test what these systems are like. Are they user friendly? Intuitive? Fast? Is the EPG good?

Any advice here?

I've been looking at the Samsung Q60R (55 inch) or RU8000 (55 inch). Not keen on OLED because I've been left with screen burn on the plasma (kids!).

Any advice here on how these tvs stack up? Any advice on a brand with a better EPG/recording setup?

Cheers,
    Quad

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi Richersounds,

Our humax freesat box has kicked the bucket and the Panasonic plasma I got from you ten years ago is wobbling as well.

Looking to combine them both into a new tv with saorview, freesat and recording (maybe via external HDD?) functionality.

Given no stores have freesat/saorview plumbed up its pretty much impossible to actually test what these systems are like. Are they user friendly? Intuitive? Fast? Is the EPG good?

Any advice here?

I've been looking at the Samsung Q60R (55 inch) or RU8000 (55 inch). Not keen on OLED because I've been left with screen burn on the plasma (kids!).

Any advice here on how these tvs stack up? Any advice on a brand with a better EPG/recording setup?

Cheers,
    Quad
    Hi Quad_Red.

Thanks for the post.

To get a TV that can also record it need to have twin tuners. 
    The RU8000 mentioned above is only single tuner.

The Samsung QLED range are all twin tuner and can record to an external HDD with no issues.
    If you read over the thread linked below it has instruction on how to go about recording on the QLED series televisions.

The 55Q60 at the moment is priced at £749. However at the moment it is listed as an in-store only collection and can not be shipped. (There is currently Zero stock showing in our main warehouse).
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203930-samsung-qe55q60r-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-qled-tv-tvplus.aspx

The Samsung OS is pretty good and in my opinion would come 2nd top LG's. (Apart from the high end Sony or Philips that use Android).

Away from QLED and OLED LG have their Nano cell LED the 55SM8600 priced at £699 which also is a very good television. The QLED range would still pip this in performance
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204041-lg-55sm8600pla-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.