Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone intrested in recipical link sharing?

• 16-01-2020 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi All

I am currently working on my two video business websites and I was wondering if anyone who be interested in link building. I have a links page on my 2 video productions sites that I can offer quality links. I am NOT interested in spam website only quality links.

My wedding video site http://www.videoproductions.ie/photography-videography

and

My commercial video site http://www.savagemedia.ie/

You can contact me directly through the sites or via my board page. I will email you when your link is live with the link and I would request the same from you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

This tactic has been stone cold dead for at least 10 years. Reciprocal links are easily detected and get a search engine penalty. Having a dedicated links page pretty much guarantees detection. You need to purge the link page and tactic as a priority.

You absolutely need to do link building, but properly, which is the hard way.

Do have a page with your partners/suppliers etc. but more than just a list of links. Say some thing about each one. Eg. Hotel1 has lake side walks for stunning photos and is X kms from Dublin. The best format for the link is Hotel1 which is better than www.hotel1.ie Hotel1.

You might also get some links from client endorsements.

Getting vanilla links from other websites gets only limited success if they are unnatural, unorganic and unauthoratative and it is time-consuming with poor return.

The strategy your web presences need is exploiting Social Media Marketing. Currently you have only a single social media presence for both your sites and it is a facebook acc with only a handful of posts in the last year. You need to get working on facebook, twitter and instagram right away, banging out stuff weekly. Your business is well suited to those with lots of user engagement potential [pun not intended].

Hope that helps. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭ana_conda

tricky D wrote: »
    This tactic has been stone cold dead for at least 10 years. Reciprocal links are easily detected and get a search engine penalty. Having a dedicated links page pretty much guarantees detection. You need to purge the link page and tactic as a priority.

Do have a page with your partners/suppliers etc. but more than just a list of links. Say some thing about each one. Eg. Hotel1 has lake side walks for stunning photos and is X kms from Dublin. The best format for the link is Hotel1 which is better than www.hotel1.ie Hotel1.

You might also get some links from client endorsements.

Getting vanilla links from other websites gets only limited success if they are unnatural, unorganic and unauthoratative and it is time-consuming with poor return.

The strategy your web presences need is exploiting Social Media Marketing. Currently you have only a single social media presence for both your sites and it is a facebook acc with only a handful of posts in the last year. You need to get working on facebook, twitter and instagram right away, banging out stuff weekly. Your business is well suited to those with lots of user engagement potential [pun not intended].

Hope that helps. Best of luck.

Thanks that is helpful. However I see with competitor website that link sharing is successful for them and it is still showing as relevant high grade links so I don't think it is redundant.

If writing a few short lines of text along with the link is more relevant then I would be interested in doing this type of link building with other quality websites so if anyone is interested in this please feel free to contact me also.

I do have instagram and twitter vimeo and other associated accounts. And I post to facebook and insta regularly but do I need to put the link in the post? Posting to insta twitter doesn't seem to show up when I check my own link building.

Comments on all sorts of broken stuff removed because....

A huge problem is your mobile version of savagemedia is broken and much worse links to some sort of dodgy subscription site pastlives or entertainment.club. I now appear to have been auto-subscribed to this which is seriously NOT COOL.

I'm out.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments on all sorts of broken stuff removed because....

A huge problem is your mobile version of savagemedia is broken and much worse links to some sort of dodgy subscription site pastlives or entertainment.club. I now appear to have been auto-subscribed to this which is seriously NOT COOL.

I'm out.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I never asked you to be IN!!! I have no idea what your talking about! what exactly did you try to do?

i've only set up that site like 4 months ago!? I have a genuine business that I run out of Ireland I am not some spammer who is trying to get you to subscribe?!?! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Never suggested you are a spammer but there is a serious problem somewhere. I just looked at it on mobile and got served entertainment.club which is a very expensive text (€7.50 each) subscription service. Your mobile setup is missing something and broken like so much of your web presence. I had better not have been auto-subscribed...

• Advertisement

Never suggested you are a spammer but there is a serious problem somewhere. I just looked at it on mobile and got served entertainment.club which is a very expensive text (€7.50 each) subscription service. Your mobile setup is missing something and broken like so much of your web presence. I had better not have been auto-subscribed...

I have just check my mobile site and I can see that its not right I have obviously been hacked I will set about fixing this now.

I had no idea that a website could charge you for text?....Can you explain how this happened was it simply looking at the mobile site? if you have been charge and you send me proof I will reimburse you.

I am unable to figure out if I have been subscribed or what exactly happened or how, but will let you know when my next bill arrives. I have not been sent any premium texts so far which is a good sign but uncertainty is still here. No need for panic yet and hopefully beyond yet.

This is serious as these days mobile is around half the traffic on an average site.

Back to links: Before any link building, go over all your existing links (incl email and phone numbers) on both sites and even your boards signature and elsewhere as loads of them are broken or misdirected.

There is a link at the bottom of the dodgy version which goes to a desktop or mobile version, not sure which but think it is the desktop. Do not click this until the issue is sorted as you will get sent to a good version and probably be unable to get back to the broken one with the info and clues in it which you might need.

I am unable to figure out if I have been subscribed or what exactly happened or how, but will let you know when my next bill arrives. I have not been sent any premium texts so far which is a good sign but uncertainty is still here. No need for panic yet and hopefully beyond yet.

This is serious as these days mobile is around half the traffic on an average site.

Back to links: Before any link building, go over all your existing links (incl email and phone numbers) on both sites and even your boards signature and elsewhere as loads of them are broken or misdirected.

Thanks I actually hadn't started SEO work on my savagemedia site as yet just www.videoprodcutions.ie which is now in pretty good shape.

January is just a good time for me to get work on this stuff. I will do a reinstall of my original savagemedia and hopefully that will fix some of the bigger problems.

There is a link at the bottom of the dodgy version which goes to a desktop or mobile version, not sure which but think it is the desktop. Do not click this until the issue is sorted as you will get sent to a good version and probably be unable to get back to the broken one with the info and clues in it which you might need.

Oops I clicked it just to check to see what happened to you... I don't think unless you've input details you will have any charges or at least I hope this is the case. Nothing popped up for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

ana_conda wrote: »
    Oops I clicked it just to check to see what happened to you... I don't think unless you've input details you will have any charges or at least I hope this is the case. Nothing popped up for me.

Don't worry about it it, the user was not autosubscribed not auto charged. If that person was charged or emailed it is because they entered their details into some form. It's not like you can pull card number, CCV and expirity date from your IP address. Look around you site to make sure its clean but what I read in the past couple of message is absolutely ridiculous

RoRo979 wrote: »
    Don't worry about it it, the user was not autosubscribed not auto charged. If that person was charged or emailed it is because they entered their details into some form. It's not like you can pull card number, CCV and expirity date from your IP address. Look around you site to make sure its clean but what I read in the past couple of message is absolutely ridiculous

That's what I was thinking thanks for the reassurance :)

RoRo979 wrote: »
    No need for any of that as the charge straight to your phone bill and nothing ridiculous about it if you are familiar with the likes of Zamano and their reputation for magically signing people up to premium rate texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dylan765

The Wikipedia broken link strategy, is that a viable one?.

Advertisement