Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning & site acquisition

• 16-01-2020 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Long time watching, first time poster.

We have seen a half acre site which might suit our requirements. It's keenly priced and us for sale subject to planning. My question is this, would I be expected to pay in full up front to purchase ? as the fulfillment of the contract would depend on gaining planning. The site is approx 95k and I can put a sum down to take it off the market, say 30k. The balance to be paid on receipt of planning approval. The design we have in mind is not dissimilar to existing neighboring properties so would not expect too many issues.

Is this a mad idea ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

Pay 10% on signing contracts, then prepare and submit plans. If planning is granted you will have to pay the balance and will not be able to pull out. If planning is refused you will get your deposit back. Half an acre is a bit small, most sites are 3/4 at least these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭westgolf

db wrote: »
    Pay 10% on signing contracts, then prepare and submit plans. If planning is granted you will have to pay the balance and will not be able to pull out. If planning is refused you will get your deposit back. Half an acre is a bit small, most sites are 3/4 at least these days.

Thanks db, excellent response. Met with auctioneer this morning. She tells me the site may be subject to local area need etc but she's not 100% sure so off to local authority to try to discuss.

Advertisement