Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein's Paddy Holohan and homophobia

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MakingMovies2

conorhal wrote: »
    Some people develop a taste for polish after licking too many boots.
    In Leo's case it's Brussel's boots.

Seriously you're not impressing anyone talking like an edgy 12 year old. Get a grip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

So you're implying that Varadker is a West Brit? Surely his stance on brexit and his refusal to humour Boris Johnson would suggest otherwise. Or maybe you're looking for a reason to hate him other than his skin colour. You're not fooling anyone.
    What on earth are you talking about!

He doesn't accept that Ireland's fight for freedom was justified!
    He has refused to accept that the Provisional IRA were heroes fighting for Irish Freedom!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

He has refused to accept that the Provisional IRA were heroes fighting for Irish Freedom!

Blowing up children and kneecapping people doesn't make you a hero in most people's view.

Yeah ask the people of kingsmill and omagh about their heroism. Deluded shinner

Yeah ask the people of kingsmill and omagh about their heroism. Deluded shinner
    Kingsmill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm just not sure why the poster brought that up in the context of the Provisional IRA.

From Wikipedia:
    Between the beginning of the truce (10 February 1975) and the Kingsmill massacre, loyalist paramilitaries killed 35 Catholic civilians in County Armagh or on its borders.[11][12] In that same period, republican paramilitaries killed 16 Protestant civilians and 17 members of the security forces in the same area.[11] Many of the loyalist attacks have been linked to the Glenanne gang; an alleged secret alliance of loyalist militants, British soldiers from the Ulster Defence Regiment (UDR), and police officers from the Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC). A former member of the group said they wanted to provoke a civil war, believing that when civil war erupted they could then "crush the other side".

I'm just not sure why the poster brought that up in the context of the Provisional IRA.

because they carried it out.

because they carried it out.
    It says in the linked article that the South Armagh Republican Action Force claimed responsibility.

It says in the linked article that the South Armagh Republican Action Force claimed responsibility.

perhaps you should read down a bit further

• Advertisement

You obviously didn't read the full article.

RobMc59 wrote: »
    You obviously didn't read the full article.

No they're using denial. Classic shinnerbot tactic

No they're using denial. Classic shinnerbot tactic
    I'm not a Shinner.

It is shocking that 35 Catholic civilians were killed alright.
    Anyway I doubt you'd heard of the South Armagh Republican Action Force or the Glennane Gang until you read the essay linked by ononotgmail.

I'm not a Shinner.

It is shocking that 35 Catholic civilians were killed alright.
    Anyway I doubt you'd heard of the South Armagh Republican Action Force or the Glennane Gang until you read the essay linked by ononotgmail.

We were discussing the IRA.

We were discussing the IRA.
    Precisely - Kingsmill was a tragic event but it was carried out by the South Armagh Republican Action Force not by the IRA.

More broadly I'm not really interested in talking to people who've never heard of the SARF, the Ulster Worker's Council, the Glennane Gang.

Why should I bother? making movies is lucky to be able to interact with me but the reverse is far from true.

Precisely - Kingsmill was a tragic event but it was carried out by the South Armagh Republican Action Force not by the IRA.

It was carried out by the IRA. This has already been established to the satisfaction of anybody who cares about the truth.

It was carried out by the IRA. This has already been established to the satisfaction of anybody who cares about the truth.
    You clearly haven't read the linked article.

More broadly I'm not really interested in talking to people who've never heard of the SARF, the Ulster Worker's Council, the Glennane Gang.

Why should I bother? making movies is lucky to be able to interact with me but the reverse is far from true.

Normal people aren't interested in scummy paramilitaries and what does the last part of your post mean?

You clearly haven't read the linked article.
    However, a 2011 report by the Historical Enquiries Team (HET) concluded that Provisional IRA members were responsible[5][37] and that they had claimed the attack using a covername.

RobMc59 wrote: »
    Normal people aren't interested in scummy paramilitaries and what does the last part of your post mean?
    You also clearly haven't read the linked article.

The last pare of the post simply acknowledges the undeniable truth that making movies is hopefully learning a great deal from these interactions (as I hope are you) but I already knew it all and of course far far more.

• Advertisement

The last pare of the post simply acknowledges the undeniable truth that making movies is hopefully learning a great deal from these interactions (as I hope are you) but I already knew it all and of course far far more.

Keep backing up a gang of murderers so. Up the ra and all that rubbish

The killers were members of the PIRA. You're wilfully ignorant at this point. Also I love how you completely ignore omagh in all this. Good shinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

I see people on this thread are now getting warnings if they express themselves.

Censorship does not work and it is driving the world into the arms of Trump. Trump is only the first, what follows after will be much worse. And it will have been caused by people who just cannot handle differences of opinion.

The West is in complete freefall.

Firstly, Boards is a forum on the internet, those who pay for the hosting and keep it running are allowed to have a say in what can and can't be said on the thing that they pay for/run/manage. Again, Freedom of speech doesn't mean that others have to put up with what some people say... essentially Freedom of speech doesn't mean Freedom of consequences. If those who moderate Boards see something that goes against forum guidelines, then they have every right to issue a warning.

It isn't rocket science.

The West does have issues... people getting mod warnings on an Irish forum however is quite far from the issues the West has.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

So was Lab/FF/FG but I think you are confusing pro abortion with what all parties actually campaigned for which was ProChoice. You know the woman's right to decide upon her own health etc.

Micheal Martin did, but FF didn't. It needs to be remembered that most FF TDs opposed even having the referendum in the first place.

A prime example of the media blowing something up.

Unfortunate choice of words in an SF thread.... :D

We live in an age when the 'allegation is enough' from rape, to abuse to being a racist or a homophobe.

An allegation used to be enough to get you kneecapped, or shot in the back of the head in a ditch.

What we can say it was, was a jumbled, stupid and clumsy attempt to make a point.

... a racist and homophobic point, yeah.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Micheal Martin did, but FF didn't. It needs to be remembered that most FF TDs opposed even having the referendum in the first place.

Unfortunate choice of words in an SF thread.... :D

An allegation used to be enough to get you kneecapped, or shot in the back of the head in a ditch.

... a racist and homophobic point, yeah.

That's exactly what it is, A SF thread, but Stonewall Blanche will tell you that its all about his new found concern for Gay rights.

He surly wouldn't use Gay rights issues to further his pathological obsession with SF at election time now,would he?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It was interesting to hear Varadkar on television last night respond to Martin and state that the likes of Bailey and the two Murphys aren't on the Fine Gael ticket because of controversies attached to them, but that the likes of the Votegate TDs Dooley, Collins and Chambers were on the FF ticket.

Is there any update on whether Sinn Fein have taken action against our friend in Tallaght? If the haven't the spotlight may fall on them soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

He's not in the GE. Can't see him ever standing on an SF ticket again.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    It was interesting to hear Varadkar on television last night respond to Martin and state that the likes of Bailey and the two Murphys aren't on the Fine Gael ticket because of controversies attached to them, but that the likes of the Votegate TDs Dooley, Collins and Chambers were on the FF ticket.

Is there any update on whether Sinn Fein have taken action against our friend in Tallaght? If the haven't the spotlight may fall on them soon.

Get. Up. The. Yard.

Baileys not on the ticket because the local member's of the DLFG branch insisted she was off the ticket, leo was grand with the controversy surrounding her, he did sweet fanny adams about it until he was forced to.

As for Murphy, he resigned. (After serving his purpose)

Neither were booted from the party because their controversies didn't sit well with leo.

But Sinn Fein, Sinn Fein, Sinn Fein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

McMurphy wrote: »
    Get. Up. The. Yard.

Baileys not on the ticket because the local member's of the DLFG branch insisted she was off the ticket, leo was grand with the controversy surrounding her, he did sweet fanny adams about it until he was forced to.

Neither were booted from the party because their controversies didn't sit well with leo.

And Varadkar and FG will be inviting Lowry out to lunch should they get back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    Get. Up. The. Yard.

His point rings true.

All of Sinn Fein's thugs are still members and many are on the election tickets. FG have got rid of those who are attached to scandal.

Advertisement