Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City General Election

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Ffs Frankie Daly what's wrong with people what has he done for limerick apart from having the deputy mayoral chain robbed from his car he didn't even consider it worth bringing into his house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

count 4 done, which distributed Ryan's preferences. same trends. jenny Blake's votes being divided up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

kilburn wrote: »
    Ffs Frankie Daly what's wrong with people what has he done for limerick apart from having the deputy mayoral chain robbed from his car he didn't even consider it worth bringing into his house.

He represents the north side, and he is a waste of space imo, but no improvements in Moyross/ballynanty/killillee in the last 10 years. Regeneration has been a disaster and people feel it was solely done to benefit developers and not the people of the area (they’re not wrong). Rents have gone crazy as with the rest of Ireland. 3 bed houses in killille/ballinanty that were 400-500 pm 10 years ago now going for 800-950 pm. Unaffordable for families even if you have hap.

He had a very strong support team and were offering lifts to polling stations. Very much a willy O’Dea type politician who will only be able to tell you which type of form you need to get for what you need. Good people skills but lacks the intelligence to get anything done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Leddin did really well from Blake's transfers, as anticipated by many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Is Leddin on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Is Leddin on?

According to the Leader updates the Greens are hoping that Maria Byrne's transfers are more likely to fall Leddin's way than Daly's. I guess Collins' are more likely to fall for Daly based on the O'Dea surplus.

Jan O'Sullivan's are probably hard to predict as both candidates have some level of Labour 'gene pool' association.

I suppose there's also an outside chance of one of the above being leapfrogged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

mdmix wrote:
    He had a very strong support team and were offering lifts to polling stations. Very much a willy O’Dea type politician who will only be able to tell you which type of form you need to get for what you need. Good people skills but lacks the intelligence to get anything done.

Really disagree on the people skills I have list of unanswered emails to him asking for support for a disabled child but no replies.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Following the transfer of James Collins's votes of 3,150

Maria Byrne (FG) - 3,266 + 405 = 3,671

Frankie Daly (Ind) - 5,017 + 387 = 5,404

Brian Leddin (GP) - 4,833 + 567 = 5,400

Kieran O'Donnell (FG) - 6,966 + 683 = 7,649

Jan O'Sullivan (Labour) - 3,626 + 501 = 4,127

Maria Byrne eliminated, her votes of 3,671 are now being distributed.

Daly still slightly ahead of Leddin. I'd assume most of Maria Byrnes surplus will go to O'Donnell and O'Sullivan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Wow, that's extremely tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Byrne's votes will help O'Donnell, so it's between Daly and Leddin for the last seat...where are O'Sullivan's votes more likely to go?

I'd expect them to go more to Leddin, but will be close.

I'd much prefer Leddin than Daly in the Dail tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭geotrig

I wouldn't right o'sullivan off just yet ! id perfer to see her get in than the other 2 ,leave daly and leddin prove their worth in the council 1st !

geotrig wrote: »
    I wouldn't right o'sullivan off just yet ! id perfer to see her get in than the other 2 ,leave daly and leddin prove their worth in the council 1st !

I don't see it. She's 1300 behind Leddin and Daly. She needs half of Byrnes transfers (and O'Donnells more likely to get that) while they other two get practically nothing.

osarusan wrote: »
    Byrne's votes will help O'Donnell, so it's between Daly and Leddin for the last seat...where are O'Sullivan's votes more likely to go?

I'd expect them to go more to Leddin, but will be close.

I'd much prefer Leddin than Daly in the Dail tbh.

I think that if it's tight for the last seat that O'Deas surplus of 200+ can still come in to play. That would more likely help Daly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭geotrig

yeah don't see it either really ,but jesus the other 2 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

geotrig wrote: »

She has had some comebacks in the past, but I can't see it this time.

What she needs from Byrne is just very unlikely to happen.

If that did happen though, she is right back in it, as she'd transfer well from whoever she overtakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

osarusan wrote: »
    She has had some comebacks in the past, but I can't see it this time.

What she needs from Byrne is just very unlikely to happen.

If that did happen though, she is right back in it, as she'd transfer well from whoever she overtakes.

that would be some huodini act!!!

I think that if it's tight for the last seat that O'Deas surplus of 200+ can still come in to play. That would more likely help Daly.

They were distributed already. They broke for Daly but there was only ~200.
    Limerick City after count six
    Following the transfer of Willie O'Dea's surplus of 234

Maria Byrne (FG) - 3,253 + 13 = 3,266

James Collins (FF) - 3,107 + 43 = 3,150

Frankie Daly (Ind) - 4,940 + 77 = 5,017

Brian Leddin (Green) - 4,810 + 23 = 4,833

Kieran O'Donnell (FG) - 6,951 + 15 = 6,966

Jan O'Sullivan (Lab) - 3,601 + 25 = 3,626

James Collins (FF) has been eliminated, and his 3,150 votes will be transferred at 10am this Monday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Between 2011 and 2016 they went from 36.1% and 76 seats to 25.% and 50 seats. That was a backlash.
    This time they've dropped to 2.5% and will lose 5-6 seats. That's not a backlash.

And remember, that those are exit polls, not an actual count.

Would you like to reconsider your views? This is officially the 3rd worst result in FG history (after 1944, 1948)

After Count 8

Frankie Daly + 281 votes (5,685)

Brian Leddin + 456 votes (5,856)

Kieran O'Donnell + 2,105 votes (9,754) ELECTED

Jan O'Sullivan +540 votes (4,667) ELIMINATED

Leddin is now in the lead. It's all down to O'Sullivans transfers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

Leddin is now in the lead. It's all down to O'Sullivans transfers now.

Hopefully some are long term labour voters who saw Franky as the man who left the party..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Looks like Frankie has conceded last seat goes to Brian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

kilburn wrote: »
    Really disagree on the people skills I have list of unanswered emails to him asking for support for a disabled child but no replies.

Hold tight, I got a reply from him two years after I emailed him,

Leddin takes the last seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

A small bit of sanity prevails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

It will be handy to have a Green Party member in the city, next winter when I can't afford to heat my house I can call into him to warm up .

Gulags for all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

jonski wrote: »
    It will be handy to have a Green Party member in the city, next winter when I can't afford to heat my house I can call into him to warm up .

Your house will be properly insulated, you'll be grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Great news. Well done Brian Leddin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Mc Love wrote: »
    Your house will be properly insulated, you'll be grand!

Are you offering to pay for that ? or is it their plan to plant money trees ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

you can always move into one of the 100,000 new energy efficient houses SF are going to build in the next 5 years

Advertisement