Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City General Election

Comments

Why do people love frankie Daly I asked him for help once and rang me to say no and hung up on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Why do people love frankie Daly I asked him for help once and rang me to say no and hung up on me.

Because he's working the people!! If only he had Dominic Cummings running his campaign he would have won

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

jonski wrote: »
    It will be handy to have a Green Party member in the city, next winter when I can't afford to heat my house I can call into him to warm up .

Don't call him, he'll be too busy closing down Irish Cement, Moneypoint and Aughinish and any other workplace that has an emissions stack.
    The planned Adare bypass and new motorway to Cork will be scrapped in favour of building cycle lanes beside the existing routes...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭pajoguy

washman3 wrote: »
    Don't call him, he'll be too busy closing down Irish Cement, Moneypoint and Aughinish and any other workplace that has an emissions stack.
    The planned Adare bypass and new motorway to Cork will be scrapped in favour of building cycle lanes beside the existing routes...:D

The limerick tunnel is to be reduced down to 1 lane each way with cycle lanes installed on the other lane....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I think we can all agree that it would be terrible if Limerick somehow ended up with high quality cycling infrastructure.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    I think we can all agree that it would be terrible if Limerick somehow ended up with high quality cycling infrastructure.

Why? Surely the traffic jams in the city would be lessened. It's the fastest way to travel in the evenings.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Why? Surely the traffic jams in the city would be lessened. It's the fastest way to travel in the evenings.

srsly?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

Now I'm getting confused as to who is being sarcastic.......:confused:

srsly?

Yep :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

The most likely outcome is a Fianna Fail, Sinn Fein, Green Party Coalition, which will give Limerick 3 sitting TDs in a Gov't. Thats not bad for the City whatever way you look at it. That said the 3 are unlikely to hold any Ministerial position but ill take it...

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Yep :rolleyes:

latest?cb=20150903211302

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

SF and the Greens that should be fun with the carbon tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    SF and the Greens that should be fun with the carbon tax?

FF and FG were also proposing a carbon tax. Only SF didn’t promise this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

pajoguy wrote: »
    The limerick tunnel is to be reduced down to 1 lane each way with cycle lanes installed on the other lane....

Not a bad idea. The volumes going through the tunnel dont justify two lanes in each direction anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

brownej wrote: »
    Not a bad idea. The volumes going through the tunnel dont justify two lanes in each direction anyway.

Here’s an idea- the cyclists can attend a mandatory rules of the road training course. This will teach them what the different coloured lights on those strange poles mean on each road in Ireland (hint:red means stop). They can also wear reflective gear like jackets and helmets to make them more visible, and they can also pay a flat fee of 30e per year.

Here’s an idea- the cyclists can attend a mandatory rules of the road training course. This will teach them what the different coloured lights on those strange poles mean on each road in Ireland (hint:red means stop). They can also wear reflective gear like jackets and helmets to make them more visible, and they can also pay a flat fee of 30e per year to use the road network.

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Here’s an idea- the cyclists can attend a mandatory rules of the road training course. This will teach them what the different coloured lights on those strange poles mean on each road in Ireland (hint:red means stop). They can also wear reflective gear like jackets and helmets to make them more visible, and they can also pay a flat fee of 30e per year.

Limerick motorists would want to be circumspect generally about lecturing other road users. The level of competence in the city is off the charts. The bottom end of them.

Also, part of the work gulag inmates will be asked to carry out is the mandatory wrapping of cars in hi-viz plastic. It is unreasonable to expect motorists to be able to see other cars that are not dayglo and reflective.

Limerick motorists would want to be circumspect generally about lecturing other road users. The level of competence in the city is off the charts. The bottom end of them.

Yeah I mean if I had my way I’d have the cycle lanes down in the sewers - so they could pedal in peace with like minded scum of the earth around them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

A better idea. Make the tunnel free. Charge people instead for driving into the city.

• Advertisement

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Yeah I mean if I had my way I’d have the cycle lanes down in the sewers - so they could pedal in peace with like minded scum of the earth around them.

You sound like a great driver :pac:

I have an idea, seeing as most drivers are being polluted in their own cars than lets say those pesky cyclists, removing windows will let more air in so that many wont suffer any consequences of being cooped up in a metal toxic box.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

You obviously don't use it too often then do you? 25k vehicles a day are using it these days.

You obviously don't use it too often then do you? 25k vehicles a day are using it these days.

Are they the figures..... i used it everyday between 2011amd 2017 and it certainly got busier but at the start id say it was down around 13k.
    Where are figures available?

Are they the figures..... i used it everyday between 2011amd 2017 and it certainly got busier but at the start id say it was down around 13k.
    Where are figures available?

Found it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Folks less name-calling please, that does not constitute discussion

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mod Note: This is an election thread, not a discussion about the rights and wrongs of cycling. Already plenty of threads like that on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Willie O'Dea is not a happy man!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/limerick-people-grossly-insulted-by-miche%C3%A1l-martin-appointments-says-willie-o-dea-1.4294512?fbclid=IwAR1CFgg_t-Jebm3RTD9CzeN5RgKxGkkHzFcG01VGaag4ANibTUDhAF3qV4s

Mr O’Dea, the former minister for defence, said he is “bitterly disappointed for the people of Limerick that the third city of the Republic and economic driver of the mid-west has been completely overlooked for either senior or junior ministerial appointments.

“I have been inundated with messages from people who feel let down and grossly insulted. “There are three government TDs out of four in Limerick City, yet Micheál Martin has felt it appropriate to insult all the people of Limerick City with this decision.

“It’s strange if he thinks that we can deliver three out of four after this!” he added, in reference to his Limerick City constituency having one TD for Fianna Fáil, Fine Gael and the Greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stuckintipp

I bet Kieran ODonnell, Brian Leddin and Maurice Quinlivan must be miffed too, all basically told they’re in the weakest performers in their parliamentary party.

Advertisement