Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City General Election

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

• Registered Users Posts: 24 chief orman

Why?

Because she is a woman!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

would you enlighten us on what you know?

Ideology: Anti-abortion[1]
    Conservatism[2]
    Irish republicanism[3]
    Irish reunification[4]
    Soft Euroscepticism[5]

I'm pro choice, progressive, pro european and Irish republicanism and reunification would be very low on my list of priorities .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

30% of 18 -> 24 year olds would vote for SF ... makes sense in a way, nice ideology, couple of sounds bites, change from what the auld ones are doing

then they'll start careers, start paying taxes and realise what SF would do to their wages and all of a sudden become FF and FG voters.

Simples

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stuckintipp

jonski wrote: »
    Ideology: Anti-abortion[1]
    Conservatism[2]
    Irish republicanism[3]
    Irish reunification[4]
    Soft Euroscepticism[5]

I'm pro choice, progressive, pro european and Irish republicanism and reunification would be very low on my list of priorities .

So you’re a pro abort communist RIC/Black and Tan loving royalist that bends the knee obediently and unquestionably to the EU overlord bankers....

Glad I’m not of your ideology when it’s phrased like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Photos of Willie O'Dea standing with both pro- and anti-choice protesters on facebook. Covering all the bases.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

So you’re a pro abort communist RIC/Black and Tan loving royalist that bends the knee obediently and unquestionably to the EU overlord bankers....

Maybe you should take the advice of your username and stay in Tipp and out of the Limerick forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything like that but I'm guessing you put your own slant on everything . Away off to the comedy forums with you .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'll vote for whichever candidate puts transphobes in a gulag. Very disappointed this promise has been broken after the local elections.

What a bizzare requirement to get a vote from you, you are probably better off staying at home if that’s the peak of your concerns about the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Blaze420 wrote: »
    What a bizzare requirement to get a vote from you, you are probably better off staying at home if that’s the peak of your concerns about the country.

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the advice.

If you didn't guess that the post was a joke, welcome to the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

keane2097 wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the advice.

If you didn't guess that the post was a joke, welcome to the internet.

Didn’t see anything to denote sarcasm in your post (not to mention there’s real people out there who would have that thought poker faced). Your wit is probably just a bit too high brow for me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Didn’t see anything to denote sarcasm in your post (not to mention there’s real people out there who would have that thought poker faced). Your wit is probably just a bit too high brow for me :rolleyes:

Ok, thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

Low enough canvasser visits so far ( although it's early ) - So far have gotten SF, Fianna Fáil ( Collins - and i noted the flyers were all Collisn Number 1, O'Dea number 2 - so obvious division of the constituency going on - unlike previously?) - and flyers from the Green Party ( which looked a bit out of date as they only mentioned an election in 2020)
    Postering seems heavier and earlier this year - Hassetts Cross looks like some version of Piccadilly with all the ads. ( Thats a sentence thats never been said before)

Vote no 1 and then vote no 2 for party colleague (or continue your preferences if there's 3 candidates) is pretty standard. Both FF and both FG candidates should have the same thing on their leaflets. I know Kieran O'Donnells does.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I ran into the Social Democrats at the Milk Market on Saturday morning, had Willie at my door on Saturday night, and answered the door at my parents' place on Sunday to meet Brian Leddin. Got leaflets for James Collins last night (even though I was sitting in the front room with the lights on). And a load of my friends are pushing the Jenny Blake gig in Dolan's this weekend too. Busy few days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

No canvassers out our way which is to be expected (North Tipperary) now that we have been dumped in the Limerick City constituency.

If we did happen to get one, my first question is are you lost and the second is why would you care about us yokles over the border!

Maybe you should take the advice of your username and stay in Tipp and out of the Limerick forum.

You do realise some of North Tipp has moved into Limierick City for voting don't you? :confused:

that smart comment backfired didn't it, you're not the oracle you seem to think you are

You do realise some of North Tipp has moved into Limierick City for voting don't you? :confused:

that smart comment backfired didn't it, you're not the oracle you seem to think you are

Not at all, I and most others on this forum would prefer not to be reading your drivel.

Not at all, I and most others on this forum would prefer not to be reading your drivel.

Ha ha, oracle tendencies revealing themselves again. 6300+ posts, hope being the keyboard messiah doesn't impact on your social life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Will be giving Kieran a vote he has done great things for people in the city when it comes to flooding, all of the others including Maria turned up to get their picture taken but were never seen or heard from again.

Nothing for Jan i cant vote for a party that took the medical card off children with Downs Syndrome in that past.

Frankie Daly is all talk with very little substance and no follow through.

Out of curiosity what are the rules around polling stations and candidates? At the last local election one of the candidates was outside the polling station door talking to people even though they did not live in that area.

I would have thought that was not allowed as its basically canvasing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭pigtown

Is anyone in the County constituency? Dire options here

pigtown wrote: »
    Is anyone in the County constituency? Dire options here
    Not in the constituency, but had a glance as I’m in a rural area. Claire Keating looks like an excellent choice, looking at her personal page. Organizer and spokesperson for Limerick Against Pollution, which gives her kudos in my book. Her ideas are very much in touch with reality especially wrt rural living.

https://www.greenparty.ie/people/claire-keating/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Not in the constituency, but had a glance as I’m in a rural area. Claire Keating looks like an excellent choice, looking at her personal page. Organizer and spokesperson for Limerick Against Pollution, which gives her kudos in my book. Her ideas are very much in touch with reality especially wrt rural living.

https://www.greenparty.ie/people/claire-keating/
    Frankie is using that LAP - cement factory thing on his propaganda too

Mc Love wrote: »
    Frankie is using that LAP - cement factory thing on his propaganda too
    I wouldn’t believe a word he says tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

I'll be away for the election, but would give any independents etc a chance if I could vote. I won't touch FF, FG, Lab. Maybe SF I'd vote for, to let them put their money where their mouths are for a change. As I won't be voting, I can't complain about any result.
    The Green Party or the Social Democrats most likely would get my vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

Vote no 1 and then vote no 2 for party colleague (or continue your preferences if there's 3 candidates) is pretty standard. Both FF and both FG candidates should have the same thing on their leaflets. I know Kieran O'Donnells does.

yes, thats the normal practice, but my point was that I've have noted in the past that Willy was loath to give 'his' first preferences to another FF candidate - ( if there was one - so their vote management looks more on point this time. Very few O'dea posters up in my immediate area, all Collins.
    Not that either of them will get a vote off me, but interesting all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

kilburn wrote: »
    Will be giving Kieran a vote

hes useless altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

kilburn wrote: »
    Will be giving Kieran a vote he has done great things for people in the city when it comes to flooding, all of the others including Maria turned up to get their picture taken but were never seen or heard from again.

Nothing for Jan i cant vote for a party that took the medical card off children with Downs Syndrome in that past.

Frankie Daly is all talk with very little substance and no follow through.

Out of curiosity what are the rules around polling stations and candidates? At the last local election one of the candidates was outside the polling station door talking to people even though they did not live in that area.

I would have thought that was not allowed as its basically canvasing.

That's funny, I live in St Mary's Park and the Sinn Fein lads worked their socks off to help the people in the area.

That's funny, I live in St Mary's Park and the Sinn Fein lads worked their socks off to help the people in the area.

Nothing funny about it.

I have no experience dealing with the St Mary's Park flooding so have no idea what the Lads did.

But I can tell you the same lads did nothing for the people in Corbally and Coonagh, Kieran was there day in day out helping the families and bringing the Minister Boxer Moran to the areas. Months later he still followed up with people.

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote:
    hes useless altogether

This I presume is based on some personal dealing you had with him or just an opinion?

Advertisement