Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best looking city or location in a video game [pics warning... maybe]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Surprised no-one has pointed out Gotham for Arkham City or Knight.

jEvUNR6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You could nearly say any of the AC games really, Rome, Cyprus, Spain, Istanbul, London, the Caribbean, etc, but it has to be said that they done an amazing job with Odyssey, and the draw distance alone (on console) is something spectacular imo. I think it's more the variety and scope that lets Odyssey stand out. A lot of Skyrim felt copy/paste, but I didn't get that with Odyssey at all.

assassins-creed-odyssey-screen-shot-video-games-landscape-wallpaper-preview.jpg
    AssassinsCreedOdysseyreview1.jpg?itok=TmczewwY
    630070-1547019656.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Irithyll of the Boreal Valley - Dark Souls 3.

Edit: How do I embed from my phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

How do I embed from my phone?

If you're uploading it to Boards, you need to direct link and put it between the [ img ] and [ /img ] brackets (no spaces). IIRC you can only do this once you've posted as only then can you get the direct link for the upload.

Edit: I'd love to throw up pics of Nosgoth from the Legacy of Kain series. The place awed me when I played them, but as it's so old it looks pants in comparison to the above. Amazing setting, and I really hope there's a reboot, would love to see Nosgoth in 4K!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Irithyll of the Boreal Valley in Dark Souls 3 has got to get a mention here. Possibly the most breathtaking views and vistas of any game location I've ever encountered.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152818956@N06/42919007022

It's probably my favourite location in the series, and possibly the reason Dark Souls 3 is my favourite entry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

'Future' Prague from Deus Ex Mankind Divided looks amazing.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

Seeing the Great Plateau for the first time after emerging from Shrine of Resurrection

500831.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That first time you enter novigrad in Witcher 3

The pyramids in assassin's creed origins.

Advertisement