Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

- ANY - 5G network BOARDS.IE smartphone users: Has 5G made ANY DIFFERENCE good /bad

Options
  • 16-01-2020 3:06pm

I'd dearly like to know.
    I have a billpay huawei P 2019 smart on eir at the moment. They seem to be milking the living daylights out of the fact that they can provide 5 G now?

Does'nt mean much to me. I can listen to crystal clear orchestra in 4G on YouTube and that's fine for me.

Other network service providers are welcome to pipe up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

5G is presently an addon to 4G, it cannot operate on its own. Don't worry about it until "5G SA" is deployed in several years time.

Eir are the last org that should be shouting about how good their RAN is as theirs is by far the weakest offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 doingthedo

5G realy depends on how many towers are set up and operating. Eir and vodafone shouting about it but in reality it's only a very small area you can use it. Lip service if anything!

Advertisement