Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to sell property?

Options
  • 16-01-2020 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭

Have a couple of houses in Dublin that I'm selling, think we're just past the top of the market. Also have a couple in Clare but their price hasn't increased as much and I'm going to keep them, not much made on them and not much risk. Anyone else think its time to cash in on property?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'll give you a tenner for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I can barely keep up with the one house I own. How the fuck would I know?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,747 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Wait and see how the election “pans out” first. If FF get in might be an idea to sell.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭bmc58

Have a couple of houses in Dublin that I'm selling, think we're just past the top of the market. Also have a couple in Clare but their price hasn't increased as much and I'm going to keep them, not much made on them and not much risk. Anyone else think its time to cash in on property?

You "have four houses" and youre looking for advice here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MrAbyss

You are either a Garda or a Civil Servant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

sure buy 4 more

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Fair play you got into a position to own so much but don't get the logic here. Assuming the ones you have in Dublin have made money... So you are selling the ones in profit (and if anywhere in the country will likely rise again) and keeping the ones that are making you nothing?

I have no idea about the house markets but investing principle 101 is sell your losers and keep on riding the winners...

On a side note, wasn't Dublin the last place for property to go down excluding outliers e.g. Lahinch, and Limerick/Clare fell fast, so still makes no sense to me.

Thanks,

A Keyboard Warrior

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

What Irish people, Irish politicians and Irish institutions decide/or do... Has no impact on anything. Zero.

We are 100% exposed to outside influence.

A good bellwether to keep an eye on, date-wise, is the American election in November. If Trump wins again for a final term, expect the federal markets to lose their propping, and in turn get a taste of the "real" world economy. The real world economy is in shyt shape.

That's when panic will ensue over that next quarter or so, and then buyers will disappear over the NEXT quarter. Then sellers will play dumb for another 6 months + of stagnation. Then it plummets.

So... If you've got your finger on the pulse, you'll have a nice 8 odd months to shift things. Just don't be one of the dumb dumbs playing pretend.

So, no, now is not the time, but it's in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Yes I think that without fear of a rising market the dynamic changes completely if you're thinking this way others are too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MrAbyss wrote: »
    You are either a Garda or a Civil Servant?

Why do they get free houses now or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

moving to Accommodation & Property

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement