Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise needed Ulster Bank,Yes 2020 kind of like the tracker

• 16-01-2020 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Hi All, I got a letter from my bank before Christmas with regards my mortgage. Basically there saying in 2017 I fixed my mortgage and when I did, I wasnt giving the full info to make a decision.
    For this reason there given me the option to change to a new rate which is much more competitive and in there letter they say they will backdate the difference I paid since 2017.
    Fast forward to this week, I called the bank yesterday to see when I would get the refund. Bank called me back today and said I have benafited from the new rate and that's as far as it go's. No back dating moneys.
    They say the backdated piece in the letter is an error ( it's mentioned twice in different parts of the letter)

Can they do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭daheff

I'd suggest you send them a formal complaint on this matter and ask them for a final response. Outline what you see as the problem and what you want as resolution.

If they don't give you a satisfactory response then send a letter to the ombudsman making a complaint.

The fact they've out it in writing is damning on their part!

Advertisement