Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election 2020 Donegal

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

RTE have confirmed that the Cope has lost his seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

muffler wrote: »
    RTE have confirmed that the Cope has lost his seat.

Yep, 350 behind McConalogue
    https://twitter.com/HMFerry/status/1226943175799005190

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

water-man wrote: »
    If we assume the people who put SF @ 1 also put SF @ 2 however as both SF people got elected on the first count, on their cards do the people doing the counting on the second count read the number 3's off their card or how does it work?

Hope that Q made sense.
    Perfectly sensible question. It is a pity that this isn’t explained in school by holding elections using a single transferable vote. It is difficult to explain but easy to understand if you see it in practice.

Each count after the first is a count of a particular parcel of votes. If your vote is involved in that count it will go to your highest preference who hasn’t been either elected or eliminated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Casey claims being blocked out by facebook was a factor in his poor showing in Donegal

https://www.donegallive.ie/video/election-2020/516020/casey-claims-being-blocked-out-by-facebook-was-a-factor-in-his-poor-showing-in-donegal.html

err yeh right thats why no-one voted for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Firblog

McConnells elimination will go to FG as he is gene pool, Casey will take McConalogue over the line

That's right, the Christian fundamentalist's supporters were sure to give their No 2's to the party that brought forward the same sex marriage, and abortion referenda :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Firblog wrote: »
    That's right, the Christian fundamentalist's supporters were sure to give their No 2's to the party that brought forward the same sex marriage, and abortion referenda :rolleyes:

JJ Reid's grand nephew, do your fxxking homework

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

JJ Reid's grand nephew, do your fxxking homework

Fcuk me, do we all need to know the seed and breed of every candidate? Even if I had known that obscure factoid before I voted, I’d have still given Joe McHugh No. 1 and “Drain the Dog” No. 13

Fcuk me, do we all need to know the seed and breed of every candidate? Even if I had known that obscure factoid before I voted, I’d have still given Joe McHugh No. 1 and “Drain the Dog” No. 13

No we don’t need to know the seed and breed of every candidate, only those standing on a platform of being more Irish than anyone else.😜

It's on his election literature, (fire starting paper will be scarce this week) he transferred to both FGers and Aontu when eliminated
    1,2,3 then stop,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Firblog

It's on his election literature, (fire starting paper will be scarce this week) he transferred to both FGers and Aontu when eliminated
    1,2,3 then stop,

So how many transfers did the FG candidates get from him then? How many did FF candidates get? Thomas Pringle? Gene pool me arse :D

• Advertisement

Firblog wrote: »
    So how many transfers did the FG candidates get from him then? How many did FF candidates get? Thomas Pringle? Gene pool me arse :D

He's one of yours ,get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

@ RandomVierwer and Firblog.....it's a long time since we've had a thread this long and it would be a pity to spoil it with petty bickering. No more please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

So if a likely 2nd election happens in the summer, do you see any change in the 5 elected? The only fight i could potentially see is if sf ran a 3rd candidate, that would throw a big cat amongst the pigeons. Would eat into Pringle's transfers, and depending on location, others too.
    Dont know who'd theyd have though, any sf candidates south of gweebara/the gap worth running?

retalivity wrote: »
    So if a likely 2nd election happens in the summer, do you see any change in the 5 elected? The only fight i could potentially see is if sf ran a 3rd candidate, that would throw a big cat amongst the pigeons. Would eat into Pringle's transfers, and depending on location, others too.
    Dont know who'd theyd have though, any sf candidates south of gweebara/the gap worth running?

McConalogue would be the seat they'd be aiming for, Mc Hugh won't have a running mate next time.Pringle will be left to his own devices in the SW

McConalogue would be the seat they'd be aiming for, Mc Hugh won't have a running mate next time.Pringle will be left to his own devices in the SW
    McHugh wouldn't have got in without a running mate this time so it would be a very risky strategy to run alone, especially with so little prospect of being a Minister again.

McConalogue could be hard to unseat and with a less well known running mate has the name recognition to pick up FF votes all over the county. McHugh and Pringle could be more vulnerable but SF could suffer from the 'there sure to be elected' syndrome which makes it hard to get the same vote out twice.
    Last time SF ran Gary Doherty from the Finn Valley but geography would suggest that if they want to take Pringle's seat they should look at a candidate from that area. Also if they run 3 then the gender quota rules would suggest it should be a female candidate although SF have more leeway in that regard than the other parties.

Advertisement