Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The murder of Keane Mulready Woods.

Options
  • 16-01-2020 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭

*MODS* apologies if there is another thread or you see fit for some other reason to remove this one.

Its a horrific story and truly reflects how we can't ignore this issue any longer.

A 17 yr old child member of a gang who was under investigation for intimidation and threats made to a mother of two sons that were in drug debt was brutally murdered then dismembered.

The woman took out a loan to pay Mulready but he wanted more money.

He then murdered her cat.
    Last year, he was handed down a four-month prison sentence in a separate case – which was deferred until this September – for the intimidation of a local family, as well as possession of cannabis for personal use and a road traffic offence.

Obviously he was a capable criminal. Obviously saying he was far from an angel is well .....an understatement.

But i don't our country to say we turn our backs on these people let them murder each other out of it.

This isn't normal. None of it...normal 17 yr olds don't do this ...this shouldn't happen to ANYONE no matter what they have done.

How do we put the brakes on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

This isn't normal. None of it...normal 17 yr olds don't do this

You are totally naive, seriously.
    Even look at Love/Hate... they used teenagers either due to debts or to get into a gang and earn easy money. The courts let under 18's away with practically murder....

How many unemployed and uneducated teenagers would be happy for easy money without a formal job?

They will petrol bomb houses or take a chance skimming drugs from a gang and think there's no repercussions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Long_Wave

No sympathy for a toerag who goes around killing defenceless Cats. The state have saved 50 years worth of dole payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Ruthless J wrote: »
    17yo 'child'?

Anyway, just pikeys killing pikeys. Nothing you can do about it.

*SIGH*

This is EXACTLY what i am talking about. There is an apathy towards crime that is committed by and against people whom we consider our social inferiors.

It troubles me.

'Who cares what happens to the beasts in the swamp' etc.

Its not good enough. There was another woman dismembered by her son law recently and her body was dispersed in the Dublin mountains.

Society cannot become a jungle.

People are our EQUALS. We have to recognize humanity in others. We have to REMIND people of their own humanity even if they have forgotten.

Most people from these areas are kind warm people. We have to nourish them and improve the country we all live in together.

Only upsetting thing is the death of the cat.

Its very upsetting. I mean i would want to give the young fella a slap. But its not the only thing that is upsetting.

THIS IS OUR COUNTRY! I don't want to live in a place like this do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

*SIGH*

Most people from these areas are kind warm people. We have to nourish them and improve the country we all live in together.

Absolutely, but from the sounds of it this particular person was a toe rag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

No loss to the planet evidently, better that he was killed before he killed an innocent person.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dclass

It's sad to say but kids these days join these gangs so they can act the hard man themselves in the estates but realistically they are being used so the bigger boys don't get caught and do time , kids are indispensable to these gangsters

I mean if someone killed my cat. I would want to beat the ****e out of them .....but like i wouldn't because i would realize that is only starting an endless circle of revenge and violence.

My later reaction would be LETS PUNISH ALL PEOPLE WHO HURT CATS! ....10 yrs for anyone who hurts a cat!

THAT IS JUSTICE THIS IS REVENGE.
    No loss to the planet evidently, better that he was killed before he killed an innocent person.

Could we not just have locked him up?

Do people NOT SEE the ante has been upped? This will become more normal now?? And in time innocent people will be murdered in the same way?

These things CHANGE society ..it has a snow ball effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Ah jayzis

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

He killed a cat belonging to someone who owed money for drugs.

Live by the sword die by the sword, doesn't sound like he was a very nice person and he made enemies of the wrong people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

People are our EQUALS.

What are we to do when they don't act like our equals?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Couldn't give a fiddlers beyond being dismayed at the goryness of it all..

He was clearly well on the path already to being a serious threat to society.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Long_Wave wrote: »
    No sympathy for a toerag who goes around killing defenceless Cats. The state have saved 50 years worth of dole payments.

I've sympathy for him when he was more innocent, he never had a chance growing up in that environment. Whoever got him involved in this hopefully, but unlikely, feel terribly guilty.

But I've no sympathy for the person he became.

Our country is now Mexico tier.

Well I don't mean to disrespect Mexico. Every country has scumbags. Its just i won't want to live in hell where stuff like this happens!

I OBJECT!

I am not letting my country become a kip!

This should be a peaceful place. Kids should learn this in primary school and they should learn how to reconcile their differences there too.

They do it in the north why not here?

Sorry if i sound hysterical. Its just passion!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

People are our EQUALS.

Just NO.

Everyone has the POTENTIAL to be equal up to a point, and all things being equal should be considered equally by the state/companies/employers.
    But that doesn't mean a criminal with 200 convictions is equal to a model citizen who has contributed to society all their life working and paying tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Well I don't mean to disrespect Mexico. Every country has scumbags. Its just i won't want to live in hell where stuff like this happens!

I OBJECT!

I am not letting my country become a kip!

This should be a peaceful place. Kids should learn this in primary school and they should learn how to reconcile their differences there too.

They do it in the north why not here?

Sorry if i sound hysterical. Its just passion!

I doubt a lot of these manipulated fools did much attending of any school anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

This country needs at least one new prison and Judges should be sacked if they give someone bail that goes onto commit further high end crimes while on bail.
    This country also needs to stop pussy footing about the amount of Travellers involved in crime .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

If he was a child, where are his parents in all this? What was their responsibility?

Effects wrote: »
    What are we to do when they don't act like our equals?

I am not saying him. I mean the people that were unlucky enough to live around him.

I guess what i am saying is we have a profound affect on our environment. All of us. Drug dealers do teachers do politicians do. We have to make sure the positive affect outweighs the evil affects.

You can't beat evil with evil. It just grows angrier and more bitter.

*SIGH*

This is EXACTLY what i am talking about. There is an apathy towards crime that is committed by and against people whom we consider our social inferiors.

It troubles me.

'Who cares what happens to the beasts in the swamp' etc.

Its not good enough. There was another woman dismembered by her son law recently and her body was dispersed in the Dublin mountains.

Society cannot become a jungle.

People are our EQUALS. We have to recognize humanity in others. We have to REMIND people of their own humanity even if they have forgotten.

Those sort of people are not my equal, socially or otherwise. They are inferior human beings.

One down, plenty more scumbags to go. If they stopped breeding for a generation or two the world would be a batter place, let alone Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Why would anyone want him locked up? To be free again in 2-3 years to offend again and then be locked up? Waste of time and money, this is the better end for the country tbh.

lawred2 wrote: »
    I doubt a lot of these manipulated fools did much attending of any school anywhere
    You are probably right. On both counts. Its so sad ...all of it. Poor cat poor everyone .:(

JayZeus wrote: »
    Those sort of people are not my equal, socially or otherwise. They are inferior human beings.

One down, plenty more scumbags to go. If they stopped breeding for a generation or two the world would be a batter place, let alone Ireland.

I understand your feelings.

But that is like giving up. Its like saying oh the world is evil ..i give up ...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭rob316

17 year old last seen wearing a Hugo boss tracksuit, Hugo boss trainers and Gucci baseball cap. He knew exactly what he was getting into, if he can reap the rewards he can reap what he sows.

I am not saying him. I mean the people that were unlucky enough to live around him.

I guess what i am saying is we have a profound affect on our environment. All of us. Drug dealers do teachers do politicians do. We have to make sure the positive affect outweighs the evil affects.

You can't beat evil with evil. It just grows angrier and more bitter.

I would say there are families and hard working innocent people from the same area sleeping easier now. Probably relieved that this has happened.

rob316 wrote: »
    17 year old last seen wearing a Hugo boss tracksuit, Hugo boss trainers and Gucci baseball cap. He knew exactly what he was getting into, if he can reap the rewards he can reap what he sows.

Dont forget the jacket. 1500 euro by all account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

If he was a child, where are his parents in all this? What was their responsibility?

This line that AGS are pushing that he was a child is worrying. He was 17. Legally responsible for his actions and a seasoned criminal.

He wasn't an innocent child!
    Terrible way to go and it's 1 less thug off the street but someone younger and more brutal will take his place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The ritual nature of the post kill activity is probably the most disheartening aspect of this. Beastial chopping and slicing up of a kids body so it can be placed for the purpose of sending a message. When the ante is upped it could be a disembowled body hanging from a lamppost or bridge.

And none of this will end anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Live by the sword, die by the sword tbh, hopefully it will act as a deterrent for other young fellas that are easily blinded by gaudy tracksuits and a bit of money, get involved with scumbags and they wont hesitate to fcuk you up.

• Advertisement

The ritual nature of the post kill activity is probably the most disheartening aspect of this. Beastial chopping and slicing up of a kids body so it can be placed for the purpose of sending a message. When the ante is upped it could be a disembowled body hanging from a lamppost or bridge.

And none of this will end anything.

What can we do about it though? Until there is a zero tolerance approach to organised crime in this country nothing will change. It should be treated like being a member or a terrorist organisation in my book. Look them up, armed guards and solitary confinement for about 40 years. **** them and their human rights.

Its the legal eagle free aid merry go round that will mean nothing happens.

Advertisement